Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[RESOLVED][Build .40]Sufa and F-15I have very difficult Amraam firing parameters

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [RESOLVED][Build .40]Sufa and F-15I have very difficult Amraam firing parameters Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[RESOLVED][Build .40]Sufa and F-15I have very difficult... - 1/30/2022 8:34:14 PM   
BDukes

Hi All

I can't shoot Amraam's off Sufa's or F-15I's. I end up getting into dogfight range with Pythons. Played with altitudes but getting a consistent message in the manual firing allocation window that they must be illuminated by own radar or CEC capable radar. Seems like it should be. Putting a report as I'm not sure exactly what it is (radar modes?)

Load scenario. Take a look at Flight 1768 and the other F-15I's and F-16I's around it and try and take shot.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Dimitris -- 2/5/2022 6:47:51 AM >

Don't call it a comeback...
Post #: 1
RE: [Build .40]Sufa and F-15I have very difficult Amraa... - 1/31/2022 3:56:30 PM   
ClaudeJ

Out of curiosity, I dropped in a Rafale along the Sufa.
It, the Rafale, did provide a valid link to the Amraams.

Running the save a couple of times, without altering anything, I did witness some launches from the F-15I. Could it be thanks to their IRST pod ?

It seems to me that the radars cannot provide a firing solution to the missiles.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to BDukes)
Post #: 2
RE: [Build .40]Sufa and F-15I have very difficult Amraa... - 1/31/2022 5:27:52 PM   
alphali

I tried the planes in a blank scenario, I got the same message for several seconds before the planes were able to fire. I think this is due to the new FC radar changes where it doesn't paint all targets but it seems it takes a couple of seconds to illuminate and acquire a firing solution on the specified target.

Though in your scenario they are not illuminating the target, maybe an edge case bug?

(in reply to BDukes)
Post #: 3
RE: [Build .40]Sufa and F-15I have very difficult Amraa... - 1/31/2022 6:37:54 PM   
thewood1

The F-14s are set for auto-detect. Take them off auto-detect and missiles fly. I have run into issues before where auto-detect keeps units from being engaged by BVR missiles. Not sure it is WAD or an issue with certain radars.

You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

(in reply to alphali)
Post #: 4
RE: [Build .40]Sufa and F-15I have very difficult Amraa... - 1/31/2022 6:38:36 PM   
BDukes

quote:

ORIGINAL: alphali

I tried the planes in a blank scenario, I got the same message for several seconds before the planes were able to fire. I think this is due to the new FC radar changes where it doesn't paint all targets but it seems it takes a couple of seconds to illuminate and acquire a firing solution on the specified target.

Though in your scenario they are not illuminating the target, maybe an edge case bug?

I've tried with Radars on and off etc. Pushed this back forward. Even prayed to Joe Boo.

The only other detail that might be important is that due to the scenario design I've got to redeclare things hostile periodically. I set up a zone but due to the thread timing, it does become unfriendly for a few ticks before being declared hostile once again. You can see it in this test.

[shrugs]

Mike

(in reply to alphali)
Post #: 5
RE: [Build .40]Sufa and F-15I have very difficult Amraa... - 1/31/2022 6:47:08 PM   
thewood1

Same for the F-16s. They won't fire BVR until F-14 auto-detect is turned off on the Iranian side.

You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

(in reply to BDukes)
Post #: 6
RE: [Build .40]Sufa and F-15I have very difficult Amraa... - 1/31/2022 7:27:08 PM   
ClaudeJ

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

The F-14s are set for auto-detect. Take them off auto-detect and missiles fly. I have run into issues before where auto-detect keeps units from being engaged by BVR missiles. Not sure it is WAD or an issue with certain radars.

Is it something with the auto-detect setting that still allows sensors such as IRST to guide the weapons ?

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 7
RE: [Build .40]Sufa and F-15I have very difficult Amraa... - 1/31/2022 7:38:38 PM   
thewood1

I don't know. I just assume its a radar issue. I think it was explained in an old thread about detecting ground facilities and firing on them using radar. I think there was a fix for that.

Frankly, it never occurred to me have enemy aircraft autodetected. I'm sure the designer had reasons, but it doesn't make sense to me.

(in reply to ClaudeJ)
Post #: 8
RE: [Build .40]Sufa and F-15I have very difficult Amraa... - 1/31/2022 7:44:50 PM   
BDukes

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

I don't know. I just assume its a radar issue. I think it was explained in an old thread about detecting ground facilities and firing on them using radar. I think there was a fix for that.

Frankly, it never occurred to me have enemy aircraft autodetected. I'm sure the designer had reasons, but it doesn't make sense to me.

No idea offhand but I didn't see anything in the lua so not sure why. I'll ask in the scenario string. It probably shouldn't make a difference

Mike

< Message edited by BDukes -- 1/31/2022 8:22:00 PM >

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 9
RE: [Build .40]Sufa and F-15I have very difficult Amraa... - 2/1/2022 12:47:05 AM   
Kushan04

I don't think there's a game bug here and its an issue with my scenario. I used a script to set all the units on a side to autodetectable, I didn't feel like doing it manually for all the SAMS, but forgot to limit it to just facilities. In my testing earlier once autodetectable is turned off AMRAAMs will fire.

(in reply to BDukes)
Post #: 10
RE: [Build .40]Sufa and F-15I have very difficult Amraa... - 2/1/2022 4:32:09 PM   
BDukes

Yeah your fix resolves my immediate issue and I don't think autodetected units should come up much so don't care about this one that much. Thanks for your time and efforts all. Much appreciated.

Mike

(in reply to Kushan04)
Post #: 11
RE: [Build .40]Sufa and F-15I have very difficult Amraa... - 2/1/2022 6:56:38 PM   
thewood1

I use auto-detected air units now and then to rep commercial aviation, but have never tried shooting at them before.

(in reply to BDukes)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [RESOLVED][Build .40]Sufa and F-15I have very difficult Amraam firing parameters Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI