Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 8/14/2001 12:51:00 AM   
A_B

I managed to get Kord some info earlier. Gen. Maczek, can you be the designated thread monitor here, answer questions, etc. until i return? Remember to encourage the new forum members - lets get as many people involved as possible. Gotta run - kids are in the car and the wife is threatening to flip the main circut breaker to the house (cuts electricity - for you non-native english speakers out there)

Unconventional war requires unconventional thought

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 61
- 8/19/2001 7:21:00 AM   
A_B

Status Report;
Battles 1, 6 and 7 are in. How are the rest of you doing?

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 62
- 8/20/2001 7:20:00 AM   
Tombstone

Mine is on the cusp of being done. I'm not sure if it's balanced for whatever the average remaining core force is going to be. My home connection is down until tuesday. I'll try to bring the scenario to work tomorrow, and send it from here. Tomo

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 63
- 8/20/2001 2:55:00 PM   
kord

Waiting for confirmation and context information about the battle I should design... see my mail.
Kord

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 64
- 8/20/2001 9:30:00 PM   
Gen. Maczek

I've been away too, but I should have #5 done and sent by the end of today...It will be a bit rough as I have'nt play tested it much.
Regards.
Gen. Maczek

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 65
- 8/20/2001 10:07:00 PM   
A_B

Sounds good, mike. Kord, you'll have battle 11. I'll respond to your mail shortly. Has anyone heard from Mosh? He is MIA (or is that AWOL). He has battle two, so his is the important position now. Any more comments from battle 1? I've gotten a little feedback, but more would be helpful.

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 66
- 8/20/2001 11:06:00 PM   
skukko

Battle two tested by me and now I'll adjust it a bit and send it, it was too hard for core... mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 67
- 8/20/2001 11:12:00 PM   
A_B

quote:

Battle two tested by me and now I'll adjust it a bit and send it, it was too hard for core...
Too hard? Impossible

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 68
- 8/21/2001 4:02:00 AM   
Slayer

A_B,
I sent you an E-Mail with the bad news...

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 69
- 8/21/2001 4:21:00 AM   
A_B

quote:

A_B,
I sent you an E-Mail with the bad news...
I got it, and responded. We'll see if Wild Bill is looking for some more work...

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 70
- 8/21/2001 5:17:00 AM   
skukko

Howdy Just sent battle2. -first revision, if its not good I'll gladly adjust it. More? mosh

salute

mosh

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 71
- 8/21/2001 5:06:00 PM   
mucius

I'm taking battle 12. But will need several days to accomplish...will be my first one, so I'll have to puzzle a bit mucius

derint dum metuant

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 72
- 8/23/2001 7:49:00 PM   
lnp4668

I have a very green question, but I am new to this scenario design business How do you make a new paragraph when type up the scenario briefing? My briefing just all run together. (WB, if you covered this in your class, I must have play hookie that day ) BTW, you guys may want to check out this site.

http://www.euronet.nl/users/wilfried/ww2/ww2.htm It gives important dates during the conflict that you may find useful to fleshout your design.

"My friends, remember this, that there are no bad herbs, and no bad men; there are only bad cultivators." Les Miserables

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 73
- 8/23/2001 9:07:00 PM   
A_B

quote:

I have a very green question, but I am new to this scenario design business How do you make a new paragraph when type up the scenario briefing? My briefing just all run together. (WB, if you covered this in your class, I must have play hookie that day )
Inp4668, Use Fred Chandla's WAWed. It is located in the Chandla file of SPWAW. I dragged the file out of the chandla file and into the SPWAW directory for ease of use. Open it, load your scenario, and then under , you can cut and paste scenario comments. So, you can write them up in MSWord or other program (that has a spell check, i know i need one!), and then cut and paste into the game text file.

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 74
- 8/23/2001 9:42:00 PM   
lnp4668

Thanks A_B

"My friends, remember this, that there are no bad herbs, and no bad men; there are only bad cultivators." Les Miserables

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 75
- 8/24/2001 2:03:00 AM   
A_B

Everyone - I've sent an update out. If you did not get it for some reason, let me know ASAP. The update has the revised mailing list. Contact me if i have your wrong email (work vs. home, etc.) The big brawl begins this weekend. Good luck, Comrade!

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 76
- 8/24/2001 12:51:00 PM   
A_B

Great News; Bryan "Marauder" Melvin just emailed me, and said that he will build a few scenarios, once he completes some of his current projects. Bryan build the Stalingrad campaign, and we're using his maps for that part of the war (some of them anyway). This campaign won't get bogged down in the rubbel too much though. A few battles in the city early on, and then a few months R&R at the dasha, before teaching Manstien a lesson in mobile warfare .

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 77
- 8/24/2001 12:58:00 PM   
skukko

Howdy I did get your mails. And I am willing to work up some more scens' for this too. I'll let you know when I'm ready. I could start testing whole camp. Send me too what you got in it. mosh

salute

mosh

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 78
- 9/4/2001 11:27:00 PM   
kord

-Bump- Hi folks, How is the work going ? Like Skukko, I'll work on another battle if there's one left. Kord

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 79
- 9/5/2001 4:23:00 AM   
A_B

UPDATE;
I've sent a detailed email to everyone on the list, but here is a short update; I've recieved 10 battles so far. Unfortunately, three of them (out of the first 5), had one problem or another in thier transmission to me. Once i get these back, i can zip the first 7 battles together for everyone to start on. I did send out the campaign with battle #1 only, as some people have been requesting to start ASAP. Make sure you include your text files with our battle. Let me know if you need info on the naming protocal. This is Campaign #23, for those who need that for your naming of text files. More battles are available, but i'd like to get some people playing before we do much more designing. The first seven battles should give all of us quite an education, especially with some emailed critiques and design info as people complete battles. A_B

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 80
- 9/5/2001 1:55:00 PM   
skukko

I did receive msg of wrong files. I'll look at it. mosh

salute

mosh

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 81
- 9/6/2001 12:26:00 AM   
A_B

For those of you out there reading this, but not participating yet, there is still room. We have ten people building scenarios for the campaign, which is estimated to run 50 to 60 battles for the entire war. Beginners are welcome - encouraged in fact. It is a good way to start designing scenarios, and you'll get feedback very quickly (maybe not always nice, but it will be informative). Particicpation is also the only way to play. It will be several months before the campaign is made 'public'. A_B

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 82
- 9/16/2001 2:35:00 AM   
skukko

How is it going ? mosh

salute

mosh

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 83
- 9/16/2001 6:13:00 AM   
samba_liten

Hi!
Im a complete beginner at this, but id be happy to try and design a battle, if you have something suitable for me. I might go offline for up to a few weeks soon though, so if there is a tight scedule i better stay out of it!

السلام عليكم

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 84
- 9/17/2001 7:44:00 AM   
darroch

Anyone heard from A_B lately? I'm getting more than a little concerned for him. He's been offline since Tuesday....

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 85
- 9/17/2001 8:30:00 AM   
A_B

I'm back now. I had flown to Denver - where my company is based out of - and was stranded by Tuesdays attacks. Managed to get back late yesterday. I wasn't able to send emails from Denver - not easily anyway, and there were other priorities while i was there. I should have a chance to go through all of the campaign collective emails tomorrow. Sorry for the delay. Darroch, i got your campaign, and am going to try and play a few turns tonight. A_B

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 86
- 9/17/2001 9:51:00 PM   
color

Hi guys I have never designed a scenario, but I am sure once I learn how to do it, I would be able to make good ones. If you need any help, let me know. Color

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 87
- 9/17/2001 10:00:00 PM   
darroch

Excellent to hear from you, Dan, welcome back In days like these, normal little snafus become the source of worries... I re-tested your opening battle once more - with C&C turned on... My core force still lost most light tanks (apparently they evaporate when in the proximity of German Panzers...go figure) Even with knowing the direction and scope of the attacks, it is still a hariy battle for the Russian! Good job on the scenario. Playtesting of Mosh's Battle #2 commences whenever my wife will let me
Might have an AAR by the weekend

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 88
- 9/25/2001 1:05:00 AM   
darroch

Bump
Dan: any news for the proletariat? The masses are eagerly awaiting news

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 89
- 9/25/2001 1:27:00 AM   
A_B

I'll try and get a group email out Wednesday. I just sent you and alasandro an email. The big problem with battle one is that the units are maxed out - so crews don't show up. I'm going to reduce the core forces slightly, to aleviate this problem, and then reissue the campaign. I'll modify battle 1 for guys that have played it, so you can get a new surprise. We'll all have to keep the unit max in mind. I'm planning on putting out a rule on max auxillery and support units for everyone, so the same problem doesn't crop up agian.

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI