Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

KP wont load. Protection Error!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> KP wont load. Protection Error! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
KP wont load. Protection Error! - 10/10/2003 2:55:31 PM   
Melchy

I posted a message on the tech page but no answer yet.
I have installed korsun pocket and all seemed well. When I clicked on play the game, the intro video's worked then the screen went black andall seemed to die. a ctrl/alt/del brought up the task manager and i managed to close the unresponding game. I noticed that the buttons at the bottom of the screen (in the bar where the start button is)showing what programs are running had one labelled "protection error"
im running:
athlon xp1900
512mb ddr ram
64mb gforce 2
sb live sound card
directx version supplied on the cd

i updated all my drivers about a month ago.

Is the cd just a bad one or is there anything I can do?

thanks
Post #: 1
- 10/10/2003 4:36:53 PM   
Rob Gjessing

Not really my department.. but do you know what IDE setting your CDrom is set to? (Primary Slave, Secondary Master, Secondary Slave).. I think that was the cause of some problems for some people..

Im sure someone from Matrix will get back to you shortly and the problem will be solved for you.. hang in there.

(in reply to Melchy)
Post #: 2
- 10/12/2003 1:32:03 PM   
alexs

Melchy,
It is unlikely that the problem is caused by a faulty CD, but it is always good to verify this by installing the game on another machine to be sure (Computers dont always behave themselves! ).

If you would care to send me a DX Diag output file, i will take a look and see if i can determine the source of your troubles.
To generate a dxdiag output file : go to Start Button -> Run -> DXDiag. This should run a direct X diagnosis program. It may take a while to gather info about your computer, and when it is done, you click the "save all information" button on the first page that comes up. Save the text file, and attach in an email to me. The file is a text file with detailed information about your hardware.

AlexS - SSG
alexshaw[at]bigpond(dot)net(dot)au

replace the [at] and (dot)s with the appropriate characters.

(in reply to Melchy)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> KP wont load. Protection Error! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI