Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I Was Wiped Out!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> I Was Wiped Out!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I Was Wiped Out!! - 7/30/2001 11:47:00 PM   
Figmo

No not in the game - that virus did me in. I'm posting from work because it's not all fixed at home yet. Some of my software isn't reloading like it should. It pretty much did me in and the wife - trying to help - erased my backup drive on the LAN - so I pretty much lost everything. Luckily I backed up all completed scenarios - but anything done in the last month was lost - ARGH!! I won't be completely back on-line until I have ALL my protection up and running and up-to-date. If I gave the virus to anybody - I AM SORRY!! The worst part is I haven't played a game of SPWaW for 5 days - Double ARGH!! Figmo

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f
Post #: 1
- 7/30/2001 11:59:00 PM   
BryanMelvin

quote:

Originally posted by Figmo: No not in the game - that virus did me in. I'm posting from work because it's not all fixed at home yet. Some of my software isn't reloading like it should. It pretty much did me in and the wife - trying to help - erased my backup drive on the LAN - so I pretty much lost everything. Luckily I backed up all completed scenarios - but anything done in the last month was lost - ARGH!! I won't be completely back on-line until I have ALL my protection up and running and up-to-date. If I gave the virus to anybody - I AM SORRY!! The worst part is I haven't played a game of SPWaW for 5 days - Double ARGH!! Figmo
Sorry to here this Jim - hope you have it all fixed soon. People who design these virus's should receive the Death Penalty in any and all countries or atleast have there hands removed and privet parts detached so as to deprive them of the only pleasure they know of.. Why these idiots do this is beyond my comprehension. I've been hit by virus's too in the past and Lord help me if I ever come face to face with a known Worm scum that brags about a virus they placed on the net :mad: My knife is sharp and fist of fury ready..

(in reply to Figmo)
Post #: 2
- 7/31/2001 12:45:00 AM   
jamiep1

Man Jim, I'm sorry to hear that. The only way to put it, is That Sucks!! I cannot fathom anyone with that kind of brain pan could be doing so much good but chooses to do destructive evil. Makes zero sense. Jamie

(in reply to Figmo)
Post #: 3
- 7/31/2001 1:21:00 AM   
sinner

To Figmo: I'm very sorry to hear this! At least, the important stuff is backed-up (SPWaW saves). I strongly recommend you to get a back up system (CD-RW? ZIP unit?). It is wise, specially if you use a computer a lot. To BryanMelvin: I believe that you are being way to nice with virus-developers. There should be harder laws than the penalties that the ones that you propose. I got hit by viruses long time ago, and it was not pretty. Sometimes I wish I had a pre-planned artillery-fire hex just ontop of the house of some virus-writter. Oh, and a Nebelwerfer battery as well :D

Sinner from the Prairy<br />"Thalassa! Thalassa!"

(in reply to Figmo)
Post #: 4
- 7/31/2001 5:11:00 AM   
Sami

No no Sinner!!! Thats way too fast and easy for those f#¤kers.... ....I'm thinking of honey and ants...LOTS of ants! Cheers, Sami

(in reply to Figmo)
Post #: 5
- 7/31/2001 6:53:00 AM   
Don Doom

Red and or Bull ants :D

Doom
Vet of the Russian General Winter
For death is only the begining

(in reply to Figmo)
Post #: 6
- 7/31/2001 8:08:00 AM   
BruceAZ

Bull will do.

(in reply to Figmo)
Post #: 7
- 7/31/2001 8:24:00 AM   
Figmo

Thanks guys for the understanding!! I've finally got my wifes computer running and protected - she needs it for school. The problem with mine is now I can't get more than 16 colors. I've tried everything I know - any suggestions??? I'll post to the troubleshooting forum - but if any of you know any tricks - speak up please!! I want to play a scenario - the kids computer which isn't on the net - is looking better and better!! :eek: Figmo

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f

(in reply to Figmo)
Post #: 8
- 7/31/2001 9:02:00 AM   
Jeff Norton

FIGMO, Try loading the video driver again. If that dosen't work, see if your vid card manufactor has a firmware upgrage for the card (kinda like a BIOS flash.) Have u tried other video modes? Windows gets goofy sometimes. Hope this helps. -Jeff

-Jeff
Veritas Vos Liberabit
"Hate America - love their movies" -Foos Babaganoosh - Anchor - Jihad Tonite

(in reply to Figmo)
Post #: 9
- 7/31/2001 10:14:00 AM   
Fabio Prado

I am really sorry to hear that, Figmo! I hope you manage to get everything fixed up pretty soon! If there is anything you feel I might help just send me a private e-mail from work. Fab

(in reply to Figmo)
Post #: 10
- 7/31/2001 3:06:00 PM   
Wild Bill

I truly hate it for you Figmo. A low blow to a good man! Wish I could be there to help. I went down that road about 2 years ago...don't ever want to do that again! Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Figmo)
Post #: 11
- 7/31/2001 7:40:00 PM   
Halgary

quote:

Originally posted by Figmo: No not in the game - that virus did me in. I'm posting from work because it's not all fixed at home yet. Some of my software isn't reloading like it should. Figmo
Just recently my anti-virus software caught a virus that would have eventually done the same thing for my computer too. The guy from whom I got it (via EMail) said: "my computer does NOT have viruses!"... He was warned, now I'm just waiting for the virus to ignite on his PC. Price of arrogance, I think. "http://www.frisk.is" is a good place to start. I'm fortunate enough to have a free lisence from my local university.

(in reply to Figmo)
Post #: 12
- 7/31/2001 9:03:00 PM   
gdpsnake

Two kinds of people write virus programs. People without a real life and people who sell anti-virus programs. Is the pit and the pendulum too harse a punishment?

(in reply to Figmo)
Post #: 13
- 7/31/2001 11:16:00 PM   
panda124c

quote:

Originally posted by gdpsnake: Is the pit and the pendulum too harse a punishment?
Much too nice, filleting comes to mind.

(in reply to Figmo)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> I Was Wiped Out!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI