Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Please help!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> The War Room >> Please help! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Please help! - 2/26/2004 10:18:14 PM   
pahvilaatikko

Hi!

I'm very green with this excellent game and I really like to know if there is any basic strategy guide available? Concerning questions like how big TF's should I make or how to run supply routines and such.. I know mastering the airspace and fluent supplying is the key basics but how do I make these work? There's so many little things I should make before pressing "end turn"...
Post #: 1
RE: Please help! - 2/26/2004 10:51:57 PM   
redman1

This message board is probably the single best place for strategy and tactics info. Read the FAQ's thread at the top on the main board to start you off. I've actually printed those threads out and put them into the 3-ring binder that contains the game's users manual.

"Never send a monster to do the work of an evil scientist!"

(in reply to pahvilaatikko)
Post #: 2
RE: Please help! - 2/26/2004 11:46:49 PM   
Burkowski

Hi.

The "greenness" will take a while to wear off... I've been playing against AI (for available time reasons) on and off for about a year... I suggest you get used to using the search feature in the forums whenever possible to find what you need (somebody had asked your questions in your words or in others).. and don't give up easily.. it has all the land mines (key word problems. jargon, etc.) associated with any academic-type search function... just try it out and, if you don't get a response, think divergently in terms of terminology, etc. ... be encouraged.. the game is so rich, you NEED time to break yourself in.... jadedness won't replace greenness for a long time, and when it does, you'll have WITP...

Burkowski

Post #: 3
RE: Please help! - 2/27/2004 9:17:59 PM   
neuromancer

Welcome to the South Pacific!

I've found that when I play this game I end up always having to play 'just one more turn'! Which means before I know it I'm still up at 3 AM with work in the morning!

I think - and I know it's a cliche - its actually a fairly easy game to learn, but rather difficult to master. And quite fun (for people into WW2 Strategy Games). I'm pretty impressed by the AI too.

So to Matrix, I have this:

Post #: 4
RE: Please help! - 2/29/2004 8:59:42 PM   
CMDRMCTOAST

Go here and a lot of your questions will be answered...

http://uncommon-valor.chez.tiscali.fr/

The essence of military genius is to bring under
consideration all of the tendencies of the mind
and soul in combination towards the business of
war..... Karl von Clausewitz

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> The War Room >> Please help! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI