Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 9/27/2001 5:59:00 AM   
slehtine

Thank you Wild Bill! And happy retirement! Good to know we'll still see you around! -Sasa

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 31
- 9/27/2001 10:35:00 AM   
sinner

Wild Bill: I wish you the best of the luck in your... retirement. More time for wargaming? More time to teach wargaming to the grandkids? Always has been an honour to be in the same forums as you, Wild Bill. Please, Wild Bill, show up in the forums everyone in a while. You can get an internet connection almost anywhere. And if you come to the Tar Heel state, send a line: a cold beer [1] is yours.
To Matrix Games: Can SP:WaW get a leader named "Wild Bill" ? It would be great having him on your side... or when being with the enemy, it will send shivers of fear down our spine Salut,
Sinner [1]: or whatever you would like to have.

Sinner from the Prairy<br />"Thalassa! Thalassa!"

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 32
- 9/27/2001 11:10:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Ah, gentlemen! You bring tears to an old man's eyes. How could one ask for better friends than all of you! I swear, every bit of the work has been worth it. Your sentiments mean much, much more than I know how to express. Tar Heel State. My youngest daughter teaches school there, Sinner! She just had her first child, a man child, Nathan Christopher Small. Give her a hug for me if you run across here. She teaches 4th grade. My sincerest wish is to reach out face to face and shake the hand of each one of you, maybe even a good old brotherly hug wouldn't hurt either! I'll send it via this e-mail and hope one day to meet you all. Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 33
- 9/27/2001 3:20:00 PM   
degen

Wild Bill, Wow this news is a shock! The forum is going to miss your insights to the game. But more importantly, we will all miss the kindred spirit that you display in your responses. You have a knack for "listening" to our concerns and responding in such a way to answer our questions and make us feel that our comments are important, however trivial they may be. I have been reading your comments over the past year and a half (there's only about 4,600 of them!) and feel that I know you even though we have never met or personally communicated. I'm sure others must feel the same way. You are a true gentleman in every sense of the word. Take care and best wishes for your retirement. John Baier

"I would have much rather that he had given me one more division" - Rommel after receiving his field marshall baton

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 34
- 9/27/2001 10:00:00 PM   
RolandRahn_MatrixForum

Hi! I would like to thank Wild Bill for all the other great scenarios/campaigns he created..... My favorite scenario in toaw is "Desert Storm" (also I sat with a big open mouth in front of my computer when the 82nd stormed towards Bagdad while the Syrians were just in front of the real expensive victory hexes in Kuwait and suddenly, there was a litte change in my order of Battle
(grumble, lost that game, but this was my fault, flame me if you want to do so, in this case I would deseve it ) ). The "Desert Storm"-scenario was written by.... WBW. And several campaigns for SP3, including one airborne campaign in Vietnam, are written by.... WBW. Wild Bill, I really hope that you will still find the time to write campaigns for Combat Leader.... Otherwise, there may be less incentive to buy CL (why buying CL if there are no WBW-Campaigns while SPWAW is free and includes WBW-Campaigns?). I hope that you just retired from Matrixgames but that you will still remain active on this forum and that you still find some time to create some more campaigns... At least one for each module of CL (please ).... with all available regards, respect and salutations, with a big thank you for all your excellent scenarios and campaigns I enjoyed, live long and prosper, Roland

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 35
- 9/27/2001 10:55:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Wow, do I ever remember that one Roland! It took almost 2 months to do it. It is one of my favorites still. I learned so much in doing it. 4,600! Wow! What a chatterbox ! I've enjoyed them all, John. Guys, please know I'm retiring from Matrix but not from gaming. I'm hanging with you all for the long haul or I'm inducted above. All of your comments are the greatest encouragement imaginable. We'll keep on keeping on. Never really know just where I'll turn up Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 36
- 9/28/2001 12:15:00 AM   
BlitzSS

How WB did all that he did for as long as he did has always amazed me. The name is a legion among many channels and always will be, so it will be an honor to see you pop in for visits from time to time. Now what’s this about MC3?

"Nuts"

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 37
- 9/28/2001 12:43:00 AM   
Wild Bill

You'll need those sunglasses and the mosquito repellent as you did in NA, Blitz. But bring a poncho, extra ammo, even some extra C-rations (unless you like rice and fish-heads) and try to trade in that old Springfield for a Garand M-1 soon as you can. You're gonna be here for a while! It gets hot here, but it sure ain't dry Thanks to all of you. Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 38
- 9/28/2001 1:42:00 AM   
G. K. Zhukov

Comrade Bill, enjoy your retirement! I would not be a part of this community if you hadn't started the "Wild Bill's Raiders" site at The Gamers Net some time ago. Thanks for your magnificent work and your support during all this time. Un abrazo, amigo.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 39
- 9/28/2001 3:25:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Lo mismo, mi distinguido colega y a todos mis companeros del mundo hispano. Que gozo es tenerlos involucrados en este pasatiempo que nos provee tantas horas de gozo. Estare' siempre a la orden para todos Ustedes in cualquier asunto! A la carga! Guillermo el Salvaje

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 40
- 9/28/2001 5:06:00 AM   
Fabio Prado

Wild Bill, Well, things change, and I sincerely hope this change will be the better thing for you. However, this does not sound like a retirement for me, since you will continue with the WBR website and the for sites you sponsor and maintain on the Militarygamer. Of course, I am assuming that you will keep supporting my website, too.

Always remember that The ARMOR Site is and will always be your website, too! After all, if it were not for you, it would remain just another obscure website right to this day. You know, there are only so many Tiger lovers out there... Your friend, Fabio Prado

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 41
- 9/28/2001 5:53:00 AM   
mcbradley

Happy retirement, W.B.! (What exactly is “retirement”, anyway?) Please, stay in touch with the community you helped build. Whenever I scan the posts here, I always look for your responses. If web forums like this are “virtual towns”, then you da mayor! Best wishes! O. Bradley

Air Force Brat (Ret.)

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 42
- 9/28/2001 7:47:00 AM   
Wiseman

WB, Thank you for your great contribution to the hobby. For many of us, you have made your hobby ours. You have set a shinning example as to how one should conduct ones self on this or any board. You have shown us all how to embrace this great hobby and community with a spirit unmatched by anyone. Therefore, Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Wiseman

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 43
- 9/28/2001 1:02:00 PM   
Belisarius

Wild Bill: Best wishes on your retirement We've all been fortunate for having the opportunity to enjoy your work efforts. I really appreciate it. I sincerely hope that the days of sharing your wisdom with us will not be over yet. I still have loads to learn.. A salute full of respect, Belisarius

Got StuG?

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 44
- 9/28/2001 6:02:00 PM   
Recon_slith

Well, heck the AI can't handle the oposition all on its own though it will have to muddle through without one of its best, urhm, helpers. Maybe you will now have enough time to stop playing games and relax.

Let me make the superstitions of a nation and I care not who makes its laws or its songs either.
-- Mark Twain

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 45
- 9/28/2001 7:34:00 PM   
ruxius

Two days thinking about this and I am very sad...you and Paul were the first human words through this electronic world...the men who for first time in history of a wargame made us so much important...you will leave here a great lack of you Commander!!
Reading or hearing WBill means HOME to me..
despite what you decide you will ever have a place in our hearts....I do not know how much your decision is definitive..anyway remember deep inside my heart I will always hope some day after your relax , you will be back here..because you are a fundamental part of this new SPWAW's ERA..
Now my soldiers and me will say to you a very very heartly good GOOD BYE...Father Bill !

[ September 28, 2001: Message edited by: ruxius ]

Italian Soldier,German Discipline!

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 46
- 9/28/2001 10:30:00 PM   
Rover

Yep... without sounding too redundant... have a good one and thanks for everything you've done for the games we play. Have appreciated all the work you've put into the various games as well as the candor combined with camaraderie with which you've debated topics with the greater community. You'll be missed to whatever extent you're no longer involved in the various future projects. Later, R

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 47
- 10/1/2001 9:41:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Well, it's done. On the road again. Thank you all for your support. Some of you have been out here as long or longer than I have. My best to all of you. Bring on those games Matrix! Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 48
- 10/1/2001 11:58:00 PM   
parusski

Wild Bill, how many times you 'gonna retire?
I did not beleive your first retirement post.
I do not beleive this one either. Have fun.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 49
- 10/2/2001 1:06:00 AM   
Nikademus

But.....but.....its not just a job WB..... ITS AN ADVENTURE!!!!!
Sad to see you go despite all the grief you've caused me in my campaign to get promoted out in the field. Dont be too much of a stranger on the board and please accept a hearty 'thank you' for helping make my all-time favorite land-warfare game so much better than the orig as to entirely eclipse it.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 50
- 10/2/2001 12:23:00 PM   
Wild Bill

i'll still be hanging on the corner, Nikademus, just checking you guys out. Now I'll have more time for devious scenarios and new challenges. Thanks so much for the kind words, all of you. Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 51
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI