Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Two question on playing the Japanese

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Two question on playing the Japanese Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Two question on playing the Japanese - 3/31/2004 5:50:31 AM   
rich91b

In WiTP, as Japanese player, is it relatively easy to differentiate between Army and Navy assets?

I like the idea of two players making their own process to issue orders for the Japs, one for all Army assets, the other for all Navy. You could take this further with monthly dice rolls to determin which of the two gets to manage production for that month.

Second question, with the context that some of the Jap operational planning was FUBAR.

Is it possible / worthwhile to have a game option 'Japanese BB doctrine' where Jap BBs are prevented from being included in Air Combat TF (simulating the fact that Yamamoto missed the best use for these dinosaurs?)
Post #: 1
RE: Two question on playing the Japanese - 3/31/2004 5:08:21 PM   
Damien Thorn

Wouldn't it be better to divide forces up by theater rather than Army/Navy if you want 2 players to play Japan?

(in reply to rich91b)
Post #: 2
RE: Two question on playing the Japanese - 3/31/2004 5:30:37 PM   
Mr.Frag

I understand what you are getting at, but production is not dynamic enough to deal with at that kind of speed.

As most folks are going to find out their very first game, messing with production without sitting there and looking about 2 years in advance results in you completely breaking the bank.

Production changes (conversion) damage things (retooling, building, etc). This damage requires repair which takes lots of time and worse yet consumes lots of supplies.

Expansion of production is similar, the expansion takes place for a one time cost of supplies but enters in damaged state where it is repaired 1 per turn as long as the supplies hold out.

(in reply to Damien Thorn)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Two question on playing the Japanese Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI