Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Loss of HQ unit.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Loss of HQ unit. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Loss of HQ unit. - 10/16/2001 8:10:00 PM   
King__Thunder

It should be a penalty of -10, upp to -20 points for lossing HQ-unit (in morale) for all the troops in future uppdate of this gaeat game.
What do you think, for or against.

If you are a deserter and allalone frezing to the bones in a deep cold forest and would like to have some company, call for friendly fire.
Post #: 1
- 10/16/2001 8:17:00 PM   
Larry Holt

I do agree with this. If you want to edit a battle, you can change the value of a unit. Scenario editors do this all the time to force a player to protect a high value unit.

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to King__Thunder)
Post #: 2
- 10/17/2001 2:57:00 AM   
john g

quote:

Originally posted by King__Thunder:
It should be a penalty of -10, upp to -20 points for lossing HQ-unit (in morale) for all the troops in future uppdate of this gaeat game.
What do you think, for or against.

If you read "The men of Company K" they would experiance a morale boost if their batt commander was killed off. They had nothing but disdain for the commanders that never visited the front, running battles from several miles in the rear. One spent his time as batt commander holed up in a cellar, afraid to show his head. It depends on the army whether the batt commander is liked or hated. Sometimes it is unit by unit.
thanks, John.

Post #: 3
- 10/17/2001 3:04:00 AM   
Tortfeasor

When troops are defending their homeland and they lose their HQ, that is a big blow for their moral.
Is it to late to add a decreaseing effect for exterminated HQ-unit in SPWAW 7.0 [ October 16, 2001: Message edited by: Tortfeasor ]

My opinion might have been changed, but not the fact that I am correct.

Post #: 4
- 10/17/2001 3:36:00 AM   
skukko

??????? There is penalty if your HQ dies suddenly; units can't rally, orders-pool is gone, some unit without radio is new HQ with low all values (if first company leader, captain, is killed also)... You are wanting more? ?????? mosh (kill enemy HQ in pbem and see how enemy gets feets under their bellies from Luger-shots...)

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

Post #: 5
- 10/17/2001 5:14:00 AM   
RolandRahn_MatrixForum

I think that loosing the CO and loosing an entire HQ are two different things......
After the CO is lost, his 2nd in command will take over.
Now, what is a HQ unit?
Is it the battalion comander, his deputy, and some other staff?
In that case loosing the HQ would be something very unfortunate.
Or is it just the battalion commander with some foot soldiers attached to him? And one final thing:
At Goose Green, the CO was shot (I think he tried to take out an argentinian MG nest, but I haven't the particular book within range...)
His deputy took over (BTW: The CO and his deputy shouldn't be at the same place without need to do so) and won that battle.....
The fact that the CO had died fighing at the frontline isn't necessarily a morale killer, even if he was a good CO.
A living CO who hides behind the front might be a greater danger for the morale than a dead one. Kind regards,
Roland [ October 17, 2001: Message edited by: RolandRahn ]

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Loss of HQ unit. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI