Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

2.1 First Impressions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809 >> 2.1 First Impressions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2.1 First Impressions - 4/30/2004 9:08:51 PM   
Bis

Somebody taught Mack how to fight. ! Small bug: game won't exit unless CNTL-ALT-DEL is used.

Jim Cobb
Post #: 1
RE: 2.1 First Impressions - 4/30/2004 9:44:15 PM   
Hanal

Not home to try, but pressing Esc (Escape) does not work anymore?

(in reply to Bis)
Post #: 2
RE: 2.1 First Impressions - 4/30/2004 10:24:45 PM   
Bis

It just worked now. Maybe a small glitch in my computer.

Just won 1805 short scenario as Coalition (min FOW). Kept Reisch at Ulm and sent every body else to Augsburg. I then sent Reish on a raid behind the French lines. French advance was held up because of this and the could never concentrate at Augsburg.

Jim Cobb

(in reply to Hanal)
Post #: 3
RE: 2.1 First Impressions - 5/1/2004 2:42:12 AM   
Bis

The AI is most improved.

Jim Cobb

(in reply to Bis)
Post #: 4
wandering leaders - 5/1/2004 10:43:51 PM   
Treefrog

The patch helps. However, corps leader counters continue to wander off inexplicably, exclusive of when they have "fallback" orders.

It troubles me that sometimes the corps artillery precedes the infantry and gets surrendered.

(in reply to Bis)
Post #: 5
RE: wandering leaders - 5/2/2004 3:32:27 AM   
Didz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Treefrog

The patch helps. However, corps leader counters continue to wander off inexplicably, exclusive of when they have "fallback" orders.

It troubles me that sometimes the corps artillery precedes the infantry and gets surrendered.

Doesn't sound good. Are you not able to determine the role and order of march for Corps elements?

Didz
Fortis balore et armis

(in reply to Treefrog)
Post #: 6
RE: wandering leaders - 5/2/2004 2:28:07 PM   
Capitaine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Treefrog

I hate to say it, but it's matters like this that show the value of the "old fashioned" IGO-HUGO move it all yourself games. All this simultanaeity is fine for a dose of "realism", but unless the AI gets things just right, the sacrifice might just be too high...

(in reply to Treefrog)
Post #: 7
RE: wandering leaders - 5/3/2004 9:30:53 AM   
FrankHunter

Just to add to this thread...

CHQs do not take their orders into account when deciding which hex to move into. Those orders are for their elements. CHQs are busy trying to maintain supply and communication. That means "bouncing" will occur between its elements. Its a big reason why dividing a command and sending it down 2 different roads is a recipe for confusion (command stress).

Order of march for corps elements was actually in the game but it was very prone to problems so I took it out for this game quite awhile ago. I do intend to get that working when I do another game in this series but like some other ideas I put it back on the shelf temporarily.

(in reply to Capitaine)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809 >> 2.1 First Impressions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI