Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 11/17/2001 1:43:00 PM   
Major Destruction

quote:

Originally posted by Alexandra:
Let's also not forget that those guys were not under fire! Picture an RPG, or a M-60, or even a molotov hitting one of those vehicles. You'd lose the vehicle, and 2 squads. So, in SP terms, sure, let you mount 40 guys on a tank - if they all become casualties when it brews up! In fact, one could say that the only glaring weakness in the SP passenger system is that passendgers don't lose enough men when the vehicle explodes. Alex
HUH! The TRR got it's baptism of fire that morning on 15 July 1943. 1 Brigade, supported by 'A' squadron was advancing towards Grammichele, a town perched along the top of a ridge rising a hundred or more metres above the surrounding countryside (that's 300 feet or more for our American friends). The Recce troop was in the lead and infantrymen rode on the back decks of the tanks that followed close behind. As the column reached the outskirts of the town, the lead carriers and tanks were met with a sudden burst of fire from tanks and anti-tank guns belonging to the Hermann Goering Division (those SS swine!) The squadron immediately lost a Sherman and three of it's carriers but in the ensuing fight destroyed 3 Mark III's and a number of anti-tank guns of various calibres. (hurrah! for the good guys) The Hasty P's stormed the town with three companies and the Germans retreated, the TRR and 48th Highlanders pursuing them vigorously. In this brief engagement ( remember this is inexperienced green useless Canadians against the battle-hardened elite veterans of the HG Division) the TRR suffered the first armoured casualties of the Italian Campaign. One trooper was killed and eight men were wounded. Have you played the Grammichele scenario. It's a joke! [ November 17, 2001: Message edited by: Major Destruction ]

They struggled with a ferocity that was to be expected of brave men fighting with forlorn hope against an enemy who had the advantage of position......knowing that courage was the one thing that would save them.

Julius Caesar, 57 BC

(in reply to Tommy)
Post #: 31
- 11/17/2001 4:21:00 PM   
melcer

quote:

Originally posted by Charles_22:
melcer: Have you ever considered the advantages of an anti-carrot missile? Sure, you could get some homegrown carrots on the jets, replace regular missiles with them, and fire them into the enemy's rear. What this would achieve, is as the donkey offensive was commencing, a lot of these missiles to the rear would confound the donkeys to follow those missiles instead. Of course the problem would be two-fold. You would have to fire enough missiles to attract the donkey to your carrots, over the one in front of them on the stick (a case of one almost in the hand/hoof to many from the Bush), or you would have to deploy super-carrots large enough in size (perhaps even decoy carrots would work) to make the one in the hoof seem meaningless. Having thought about this more, perhaps having leaving the fighters to regular missiles would be best, and instead start the carrotkrieg by dropping them from bombers drifting down in parachutes.
I'm afraid an airplane with a super-carrot would draw heavy fire since it would motivate the donkeys to much. Use guile and hide the carrots in cluster bombs then saturate the area with them. With so much "motivation" lying around they wont be of much use for a while. Hmmm, this donkey thread is getting a little bit out of hand... Melcer

(in reply to Tommy)
Post #: 32
- 11/17/2001 10:51:00 PM   
Charles2222

melcer:
quote:

Hmmm, this donkey thread is getting a little bit out of hand...
No, it's getting a little bit out of hoof.. I was thinking those trucks are so ridiculously overloaded, but just think of all the cover all that junk will give to the surrounding area if they're hit, much less to think of how much cover the surrouding area will get when the first man slides off. I strongly suspect those trucks are the laundry brigade . I can just see the poor drivers of those things:
"Captain, I don't know how much more she can take, we're straining at knot 5 as it is." [ November 17, 2001: Message edited by: Charles_22 ]

(in reply to Tommy)
Post #: 33
- 11/18/2001 5:47:00 PM   
pax27

And look at that one guy standing to the left on the picture! Hes going: Hmmm, I could squeese my arm in here and then I´d...no wait, I´ll put my dirty laundry in there and then...
He looks really puzzled!
BTW, how many toilet breaks would these trucks have do make? Maybe the guy standing there just went, and now he´s trying to find those ladders to climb up again?

(in reply to Tommy)
Post #: 34
- 11/18/2001 6:51:00 PM   
Charles2222

pax27: I noticed that too, that the truck in the foreground actually has a ladder on it. It's easy enough to overlook that. Just think how difficult a modern SPWAW would become, when those guys go messing up truck hauling capabilities because everyone would wonder why the Middle Easterners would have such enormous ratings (albeit with a signifigant speed denigration).

(in reply to Tommy)
Post #: 35
- 11/19/2001 11:46:00 AM   
Randy

Come on guys this is just the Taliban version of that old college prank of trying to stuff as many people into a phone booth or a VW bug! As you can see the Taliban are cheating. There is no top to their trucks as there is to a VW/phone booth. But if thats what they are good at, who am I to complain.

Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear

(in reply to Tommy)
Post #: 36
- 11/19/2001 11:12:00 PM   
Tommy

Gee, 35 responses & counting. My personal best! More Intel from our sources: U.S. special forces troops are using pack animals to carry equipment as they work with members of the Northern Alliance in Afghanistan during Operation Enduring Freedom on Nov. 12, 2001. (DoD photo) (Released) Wow, this ABV (Armored Braying Vehicle) has more variants than an M4 chassis. Paul has his work cut out for him in revising the OOB. Tommy [ November 19, 2001: Message edited by: Tommy ]

(in reply to Tommy)
Post #: 37
- 11/20/2001 5:43:00 PM   
pax27

I noticed that the donkey has extra support for the white package (a donkey parachute?), a sort of quadpod. Could it be a support as the ones utilised by AT-Guns and Artillery?

(in reply to Tommy)
Post #: 38
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI