Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Germans at Msus

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> Germans at Msus Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Germans at Msus - 5/12/2004 6:37:10 PM   
robot

We have been ordered to advance against the British at Msus. Visability is good 1400 meters or there abouts. Not much happened the first 3 turns. My right flank in the south occupying a small hill, suudenly had at least 35 armored cars and tanks attack them. It was a vicious fight. I sent in 2 stukas on them. They knocked out over half of there infantry support Damaging 2 cruisers. In the exchange of fire between our armor and theres, we lost 1 rad6. also susstaind some turret damage to 2 PZIII and 1 PZF immobilized. They lost at least 10 tanks and armored cars plus several damaged ones. Our scouts have reported sightings of at least 40 maybe 50 more armored stuff coming at us. Also a close support tank had some turret damage forcing him out of the fight.

I have deemed it neccesary to pull back our right flank behind the hill we held. We are setting up a defensive position there. We have brought up 2 88s plus a sec of 150 sigs with a sec of PZIB AT guns. Will let you know if anything goes wrong with this defense. If we are unable to hold this new line we will fall back to the ridge behind us to the west.

Not much to report on our left flank in the north. Have been a few reports of an exchange of fire between our scouts and there forward recon. A few tanks have been sighted there but not confirmed as yet.

Can you see what you can do about our heavy 150 Battery. We have not had any communication with them since the opening volley. The right flank needs some help right now. Commander Africa Corps Rokerts

Robots wear armor for skin.Grunts wear skin for armor.
Post #: 1
RE: Germans at Msus - 5/12/2004 6:46:19 PM   
robot

Please send up to our right flank the platoon of PZIII you have parked doing nothing. I dont mean to be disrespectful sir. But our right flank is in a world of trouble right now. If i dont get the support i need soon. The battle is in doubt and may be lost. Im sure if i can stop this massive assault of armor in the south, The battle will be ours.

I cannot stress the point too much. I need those tanks and the sooner the better. Thank you for excepting this report so soon after the first one. Just got a report from a recon team i sent to the south flank. They see 41 tanks moving on them. Where the hell did the British get all these tanks sir. You told me they were running because of all the losses they had early in the year.

Commander Africa Corps: General Rokerts

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 2
RE: Germans at Msus - 5/13/2004 4:19:05 PM   
robot

Turn six the british keep coming despite there losses. We took out 4 cruisers 5 light tanks vic and 1 aemored car. We lost a light tank and a PZIIIe. also CS tank was damaged along with another PZIIIE. It is doubtful if i can hold the southern flank, with what i have left.

The british tank gunners are amazingly accurate. After bombarding this cruiser with 81 and 75 fire. Numerous hits with rifle and mmg fire and a thru and thru with a 37ATG. I fired a sig 150 at him a very close miss. He turned and took out my sig with 1 shot and then a PZK IIc with another shot. Simply amazing!!!!!!

Turn seven again we did a lot of damage to there tank force. 9 Cruisers 4 Vic and 2 cruiser IVA class. Our losses tho were high too. We lost 2 sig150 2 PZJ IB ATG plus SDKFZ 6/2 AAA. Lost one of our new tanks PZKIIIh. Very sad to say the least. 2 PZKIIIE damaged and out of action.

Sir if we can hold in the south and this is doubtful we will be in no shape to advance. Our north flank is still doing very well. There has not been any action to speak of there. My plan is to bring them in and down to take some of the pressure off the southern flank. Then they should have the force to advance on the rear objectives.

Commander Africa Corps: Rokerts

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 3
RE: Germans at Msus - 5/15/2004 2:51:22 PM   
robot

The enemy is into our lines in the south. Our men are fighting to the death. The armor we have there is down to a few armored cars and light tanks. All of the medium and close support has either been destroyed or disabled. A sec of 75 and 1 sig 150 is all the artty we have in that sector. One platoon is still holding a small ravine. But they have been shot up pertty bad.

Good news in the north they are starting to move to help relieve the south. They are meeting light resistence and moving very well. The platoon of engineers have taken out 2 Cruisers who didnt see them coming. But they too dont have much armor with them. Although they do have a section of PZIV CS with them.

Sir i believe we will be hard pressed to win this battle. We have lost way too much equipment. I just did not expect the British to have so much armor. We will take our objectives but it will cost us dearly. We have lost a lot of good men today. They were veterans of the campaigns in Poland and France.

The ambush we set up in the middle has worked very well. They have taken out over 25 pieces of the enemys armor. Even tho the Matildas have to be hit 10 to 20 times before they burn. Our puny little PZIIIe with the pea shooter they have on them only seem to aggravate there tank gunners. They seem to shoot better back at us then we do at them.

I hope you let our leaders in Berlin know that we need heavier guns and thicker armor. Thats if you expect us to win this war. Would be very nice to have a good tank destroyer. The PZJIB atg works well if your close enough. But 1 shot from them and they are history. They need better armor plus a heavier gun to go with that.

Again there losses where high. But they seem to **** there armor out. They never seem to run out of it. We have again wiped out more then 20 of there armor. But reports are they are still moving forward.

Sir i must end this report and see what i can work out to salvage this battle. One thing more: If any one survives from the right flank they should all recieve medals and promotions. They have been thru hell today. I am very proud to have served with them.

Commander Africa Corp: Rokerts

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 4
RE: Germans at Msus - 5/17/2004 4:17:08 PM   
robot

The south has held but at a tremendous loss. We may never be the same after the terrible battle they fought. We have not had very many infantry losses. But only because of the brave defense of our tank corps. The british must have sent 80 tanks or more against us. With at least 2/3 of the force in the south.

We have surrounded about 7 tanks in a small gulley. I hate to see what we are about to inflict on them. It is time to avenge our fallen comrades in arms. The middle of our line and the north flank are moving on the rear objective. There infantry has been caught in full retreat. They are out in the open with no armor for support. Our MMG barrells are red hot from the turkey shoot. Our 150s are dropping in amongst there troops. They are inflicting high casulties.

The British tanks were very tough against what we had to put up against them. Even our 75s had a hard time against the armor of there Matildas. We will take all the objectives but this battle is in doubt.

Commander Africa Corps: Rokert

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 5
RE: Germans at Msus - 5/19/2004 2:41:58 PM   
robot

The battle is over. The battle field looks like a moon scape. There is burnt and wrecked armor all over the place. A lot is theres but way too much is ours. 89 pieces of there armor is burnt and a tangle of steel. But i also counted 26 of ours in and amongst them. I told you in an earlier report there was a mass of armor coming at us. Remember the 7 tanks that were encircled in the small gulley. Well they were obliterated with no mercy on there crews. There was a couple of our crews that got in on that.

The body count is 1233 so far. I believe that is all of them. It was hard trying to get an accurate count because most were tank crews. We lost 256 brave men today. Most were on our southern flank and again most were tank crews. All objectives are in our hands the enemy is in full retreat. We got a marginal victory today but a major loss in men and equipment. They will be hard to replace be fore we go into battle again.

Commander Africa Corp: Rokert

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 6
RE: Germans at Msus - 5/19/2004 2:54:27 PM   
robot

This is madness. We have been ordered to make an assault on Tobruk. The british have it heavily fortified. Im sure they will fight to the death. June 1941 AND VERY HOT IN THE DESERT. We are short on supply and still still realling from last months battle. We were unable to get some of equipment repaired. No new upgrades were sent to us. We are short on replacements. Im sorry but i dont understand this. Would 2 months off have been too much.

Well at least the extra platoon of engineers have arrived. Im glad you sent the extra platton of heavy guns to us too. We will use them to pound there front lines before we jump off. As always i can expect the most from my men. We have a lot of green replacements. But im sure the vets we have will whip them into shape. One month to get ready so i had better try to get this mess sorted out and figure a plan of attack.

Commander Africa Corp: Rokert

(in reply to robot)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> Germans at Msus Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI