Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Why Would They Leave out........

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Why Would They Leave out........ Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Why Would They Leave out........ - 6/6/2004 9:58:10 PM   
Ron Saueracker

quote:

ORIGINAL: AmiralLaurent

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mogami

quote:

Does this mean people can eventually add japanese midget subs to the game???

Hi, Adding Midgets subs is easy. Adding submarines that are in fact torpedos (Kaiten) is much harders. You see one is a vessel that fires weapons. The other is a weapon deployed by another ship (or from a shore installation)

The great difficulty with midgets is their range. There is no way to load them onto a larger ship for transport.

Don't see the problem. Kaiten is just a weapon carried by IJN subs. Basically a torpedo with an higher probability to hit. It should be an update available to part of the IJN subs.

...and then Kaiten will be available in the same quantity as torpedoes at ports large enough to have a fishing smack? Personally, the naval logistics are too simplified in this game at this point to add more imbalance to it. Naval stores should only be available at naval bases (not just any port); refueling, rearming of TFs should take much longer than the time it takes now etc. Not a biggie but it would help make the pace more realistic.

< Message edited by Ron Saueracker -- 6/6/2004 4:22:42 PM >

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to AmiralLaurent)
Post #: 61
RE: Why Would They Leave out........ - 6/6/2004 11:50:28 PM   
Von Rom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag

quote:

I know its a full moon, or was yesterday.. but guys calm down.. I love to play with the editors.. like your desire to improve ai performance Zoomie.. so if I want to edit the map to creat a smaller scenario .. even a not pacific scenario why not???

Scaling the map down to play in a smaller area is NOT editing the map. It is defining a window of area where the map is used. This is fully within the editor.

Now this is excellent news.

It means a wide variety of scenarios (and variants) can be made covering smaller areas and battles of the WiTP map. Midway anyone?

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 62
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Why Would They Leave out........ Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI