Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Me Vs my ISP

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Me Vs my ISP Page: <<   < prev  38 39 40 [41] 42   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 3/27/2006 11:39:07 PM   
wworld7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oliver Heindorf

mailed to the banana - he usually replies within 48 hours.

its now 7 days ago - no sign of life. holy §$%%

I am worried about the Bannana Boy. I do hope all is well and maybe it is just BEER that is keeping him away.

Flipper

(in reply to Oliver Heindorf)
Post #: 1201
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 3/28/2006 1:40:50 AM   
Ron Saueracker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Luskan

Supply situation eh? That would constitute a vast breach of operational security. But here is a bit of info on my supply in the past.

Well there have been 4 different supply disasters in this game so far, and now I'm aware of them they won't happen again in any other wars I happen to fight. Fortunately for me, if I loose a war here I can restart with the benefit of hindsight.

Supply problem 1.

As a result of my opening all out assault, combined with my opening expansion of certain key industries (mainly armament industries) by Feb 42 there were real forward supply problems. Ships that should have been hauling supply forward from day one (for bases I hadn't taken yet) were hauling troops forwards instead. This limited my forward airbase construction and squadron deployment schedules - not so much in the SRA but on the bay of Bengal, and in the Pacific I didn't have the supply for big airbases full of betties. In the pacific Raver was careful not to mess with me (he should have gone for pacific bases early on - instead of sending his CV's to swat at Kwajalein (cost him CVs) later in the game when I had corrected this error. If I'd solved this earlier, I would have scalped Raver's RN BBs, rather than just torpedoing a few and have them retire (a squadron of betties from bangkok IRC - instead of 4 squadrons of betties and some nells from all the Bay bases.).

Supply Issue 2.

When Raver upgraded to patches without telling me, he was a version ahead. This is a problem - if the game versions don't match up, for some reason jap transports can't load OIL!!!! Turn after turn I wasted with this bug, unable to load oil to get it home to make more supply and fuel. Happened several times before we figured it out. Unfortunately this crippled the home economy 3 (!) times.

Supply Issue 3. As a result of (2), there was not enough supply anywhere but China for my existing troops for almost 4 months of gameplay. This was a small contributing factor to my reluctance to invade Indonesia (the major factor was Raver's lies about having defenders lined up 1000 wide and 100 deep). Without Indonesia, again, less oil and resource to power my economy. Even if Raver had 1 000 000 men defending indonesia, the Jap player should go in with teeth bared regardless. This one really hurt my chances of winning.

Supply Issues 4. As a result of 2, then 3, Issue 4 was a lack of fuel at forward bases in the later game. More than a few of you asked: after Raver lost a CV at Kwaj, and had Enterprise damaged - why didn't you send everything in the arsenal out to Johnson Island to catch her? If I'd sent all my CVs, I would have outnumbered Raver 3 to 1 and crushed his entire CV fleet, instead of sinking 1 allied CV and loosing 3 of my own (bringing the totals to 2 allied sunk for 3 japs). I got lucky later evening this out a little - sure - but why didn't I send everything?

Of course I said that this was my reserve carrier fleet. Not actually true. They were my reserves, but when Raver ran into betties at Kwaj the two CV taskforces I had were sitting side by side in the same port. Unfortunately 1 was out of fuel and there was no more at the port because of the massive lack of forward fuel . . . the other taskforce had fuelled up a turn before - so was ordered to proceed independantly. We all know how that turned out!

Raver bombing oil dumps and things - has not affected my supplies one bit. My supply nightmares are born of my own mistakes and 1 irritating game bug that I was very slow to figure out (just get the patch you idiot!).

As for now, Home island supply is very well looked after - however a few over-effective allied bombing raids will end that. China is great too - elsewhere . . . that's classified.

#2 sounds horrible.

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 1202
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 3/28/2006 1:46:09 AM   
Ron Saueracker

Luskan needs a laptop for the serious travelling gamer. He's probably using all his overhead baggage space bringing Heinz Ketchup to Thailand...worth its weight in gold I'm told. Gawd knows how many "Thai one ons" and "Love you long times" a bottle is worth.

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to Ron Saueracker)
Post #: 1203
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 3/28/2006 3:09:08 AM   
ny59giants

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker

Luskan needs a laptop for the serious travelling gamer. He's probably using all his overhead baggage space bringing Heinz Ketchup to Thailand...worth its weight in gold I'm told. Gawd knows how many "Thai one ons" and "Love you long times" a bottle is worth.

How would you know what Ketchup can get you in Thailand??

(in reply to Ron Saueracker)
Post #: 1204
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 6/20/2006 10:51:34 AM   
Raverdave

It's been well over eight months more since I last had anything from Luskan.........he is now MIA.

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 1205
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 6/20/2006 11:21:48 AM   
Oliver Heindorf

if I do my maths right its 5 months ( Jan to Jun ) but anyway, this sucks BIG time. He disappeared without a word and this worries me becasue he always said a word when he went off for a couple of days/weeks. maybe the australian giant rat ate him 

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 1206
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 6/20/2006 5:15:33 PM   
Raverdave

Giant Australian rat ???????? I think not.....more likely he could see the writing on the wall of his bananananana empire being doomed and ran with his tail between his legs. 

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post #: 1207
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 6/20/2006 5:32:29 PM   
wworld7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Raverdave

Giant Australian rat ???????? I think not.....more likely he could see the writing on the wall of his bananananana empire being doomed and ran with his tail between his legs. 

Who would VANISH over a game? the Bannana boy had more character. We could take up a collection and start a search of pubs all over the world.

In the slim hopes of finding the fruit...

Flipper

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 1208
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 6/20/2006 7:21:22 PM   
anarchyintheuk

Enough people taunting him may be our only hope . . . .

(in reply to wworld7)
Post #: 1209
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 6/21/2006 5:44:19 AM   
BrucePowers

I really like the Raverdave/Luskin AARs. My thanks to you Raver, for all the work you put in and to Luskin too. I hope Luskin is okay.

(in reply to anarchyintheuk)
Post #: 1210
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 6/21/2006 6:01:30 AM   
Raverdave

I have nodoubt the banana boy is fine....I know he got a new job in his company that meant a LOT more work so I dare say that this is the try reason for his sudden withdrawl.  It was an enjoyable game.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to have a read and also make a comment.  I must now marshal all of my mental powers to defeat another evil-doer.....SNEER!

(in reply to BrucePowers)
Post #: 1211
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 6/21/2006 8:18:15 AM   
wworld7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Raverdave

I have nodoubt the banana boy is fine....I know he got a new job in his company that meant a LOT more work so I dare say that this is the try reason for his sudden withdrawl.  It was an enjoyable game.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to have a read and also make a comment.  I must now marshal all of my mental powers to defeat another evil-doer.....SNEER!

Fantastic AAR. I still hope it continues at some point. The bananna deserves what is coming...

Flipper

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 1212
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 6/22/2006 2:21:28 AM   
BrucePowers

I am going back to reread the beginning of this one. I want to see what Raver did to cause delay in the Phillipines and in Malaya. The AI is having a field day with me.

(in reply to wworld7)
Post #: 1213
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 6/24/2006 3:36:55 AM   
Oliver Heindorf

sooner or later if nothing went unusual bananananana will hopefully return, as I have several bills not payed by him yet 

(in reply to BrucePowers)
Post #: 1214
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 10/23/2006 4:35:20 PM   
Luskan

I'm back (not dead - just feel like it)!

Apologies to all concerned (especially the old guard who didn't get so much as a post-it before I disappeared).  Work got out of hand and I bit off a chunk far bigger than I thought I could chew.  The result was a sudden promotion to a travelling gig with lots of perks . . . if you don't mind the travelling.  Lots of travelling. 

I may be a bit premature, but I will finally be able to settle down once again - last 9 months have been spent living out of a suitcase jetting in and out of all sorts of foreign places (none of which are as good as Oz I have to point out) for my work.  It was very (very sudden) and when I left I took a work lappie with me, with my WITP disc etc. planning to get in a sneaky turn or two (or at least fire off a few emails and lurk on the forms a bit).  However my company is owned by Fosters (please god, not for much longer, they really want to sell us, we really want to be sold etc.) and as a result of amazing corporate paranoia, all fosters pcs are set up with some of the most intrusive and annoying "Big Brother Spyware" known to man.

Not only do they have a complete and total (and ironclad) lockdown on any sites that contain and of the best words in the english language (game and war being two of them) but they actually prevent me from viewing them with the excuse that this and other sites might contain terrorist information/propoganda.  ****ers.

The good news is my old job is done with and I've passed that onto some other poor schmuck (hopefully with an equally patient woman) and have started my new gig today. 

I have slept in my own bed 9 (!!!) nights in a row now and man is it weird.  Anyhow, in the intervening 9 months my woman, adept as she is at many things, managed to rot my whole home pc and everything on it.  The money I made (and couldnt spend) while travelling and working in the booze industry like a dog for the last few months just got invested into my brand spanking new PC, which is installing WITP and downloading patches as we speak. 

With the lack of a social life (any life really) for the last few months my calendar is looking pretty daunting for the next couple of months.  Once things have settled down (work = **** over Xmas) I'll be up and gaming again in the new year. 

So, to summarise, the Banana is back (or he will be if I ever find that gif file in the wreckage of my old pc), he's bad, he's angry, he has jet lag and he thinks quite a few of you need to be taught a lesson or two  

With dancing Bananas and Storm Troopers who needs BBs?

Post #: 1215
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 10/23/2006 4:35:50 PM   
Luskan

Hey! Matrix saved my banana in my profile?

Awesome.

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 1216
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 10/23/2006 4:46:32 PM   
Ron Saueracker

Hey Man, good to see you!

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 1217
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 10/23/2006 5:03:30 PM   
wworld7

It is good to have you back.

Long live the bananna!!!

Flipper

P.S. Now, please get back to the butt-kicking you were about to receive so many moons ago...

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 1218
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 10/23/2006 10:21:54 PM   
Capt. Harlock

Welcome back. And I thought I had it bad because my outfit (Boeing) blocks sites containing music files -- even MIDI files. Time to avoid buying Foster's . . .

Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 1219
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 10/24/2006 8:57:37 AM   
pauk

welcome back, nice to see old guard in action!

(in reply to Capt. Harlock)
Post #: 1220
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 10/24/2006 12:10:37 PM   
Onime No Kyo

Luskan.....we all missed you and your banana. Welcome back, friend. (PS....the likes of you are always welcome in The Thread).

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to pauk)
Post #: 1221
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 10/24/2006 3:08:27 PM   
Sneer

good to see you Luskan
you could make Raverdave busy for a moment as I don't have time this week for our PBEM

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 1222
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 10/24/2006 3:16:51 PM   
Honda

Likewise. What a drag...

(in reply to Sneer)
Post #: 1223
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 10/25/2006 12:10:54 AM   
Oliver Heindorf

about time !

welcome mate ! gr8 news to have you back.

(in reply to Honda)
Post #: 1224
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 10/25/2006 12:51:53 AM   
Speedysteve

Welcome back bud

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

Post #: 1225
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 10/25/2006 10:45:07 AM   
soeren01

Welcome back

soeren01, formerly known as Soeren
CoG FoF
PacWar WIR BoB BTR UV WITP WITE WITW

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 1226
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 10/25/2006 12:16:32 PM   
Raverdave

Ok......now you are all going to see a grown man cry.........just a few days ago, I was looking at all my old files and thinking that i would never see banananana boy again I deleted them *WWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So unless bollockchops has by some magical means a saved game file we are fcuked.

(in reply to soeren01)
Post #: 1227
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 10/25/2006 12:21:58 PM   
Sneer

(in reply to Raverdave)
Post #: 1228
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 10/25/2006 2:45:26 PM   
Luskan

We're fcuked.  Files were cooked on the old PC.

When I get settled in again, I'll work up a new perfect opening jap first turn, and take it from there.

Reading up on what is new/changed in 1.8

(in reply to Sneer)
Post #: 1229
RE: Me Vs my ISP - 10/25/2006 3:23:54 PM   
Raverdave

Damn......................you mean I have to go through all of 1942 again?   It's been bad enough doing it with Sneer but having to do it against you ...........................................oh the horror !

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 1230
Page:   <<   < prev  38 39 40 [41] 42   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports >> RE: Me Vs my ISP Page: <<   < prev  38 39 40 [41] 42   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI