Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: MAtrix?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: MAtrix? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 6:08:23 PM   
freeboy

Erik, that post is the VERY first post with anything like hard info.. thankyou.. we are totally in the dark until you let us know... well ok not totally but this is great news...
I really only wanted a guesstemation for planning.. if that means it comes out whenever..
We all want to say thanks.. now back to work

(in reply to gts2096)
Post #: 31
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 6:09:37 PM   
Jaypea

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Guys, all I can say is we're working as fast as we can. If we can get it out today (and we're trying to), it will be today, if not we're still aiming for a guaranteed release before the end of the week. Things are coming together but we have to make sure everything's squared away before giving you all the green light.

Regards,

- Erik

We all appreciate your hard work. Just think how easy you can take it after its released

Thank you for taking the time out to let us know how its coming, we really do appreciate it.

JP

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 32
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 6:13:41 PM   
GameTester

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Guys, all I can say is we're working as fast as we can. If we can get it out today (and we're trying to), it will be today, if not we're still aiming for a guaranteed release before the end of the week. Things are coming together but we have to make sure everything's squared away before giving you all the green light.

Regards,

- Erik

Keep testing!

"I want, I want, gimme, gimme, gimme, I need, I need!"

Bob Wiley from What About Bob?

Post #: 33
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 6:14:05 PM   
mavraam

quote:

ORIGINAL: gts2096

I'll take it even with tons of bugs. At least this way i can start reading the manual.

I agree!

It will probably be at least 24 hours AFTER I buy it before I can really start to play anyway. But I can dig into the manual immediately.

Plus, who cares about DirectX bugs? I just look at it as another opportunity to debug my hardware drivers!

(in reply to gts2096)
Post #: 34
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 6:18:29 PM   
kaleun

Thank you for the info. I don't mind (I do really) the delays, just so long as the spice (oops wrong topic) flows.

Send a third stage guild navigator... Oops the tension is causing all this short circuits in my brain.

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to mavraam)
Post #: 35
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 6:19:29 PM   
freeboy

lol too funny
So which side?

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 36
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 6:21:18 PM   
Grotius

Good news. Sounds like Starshatter is on the same schedule. Wonder if they'll go up at the same time. This from the SS board:

quote:

Starshatter will be available for direct digital download before the end of this week and also available in DVD case boxed format in early August.

(in reply to Aelbric)
Post #: 37
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 6:23:32 PM   
kaleun

Before I PBEM as Japan I need time to practice, so I'd probably want to start as Allies. (That is easy: Nimitz to all "RUN")

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 38
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 6:30:01 PM   
freeboy

ok.. so I'll play Japs // but lets play like a shorter time frame to "learn" like two game months.. or so

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 39
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 6:31:57 PM   
kaleun

Sounds good. A training game. What scenario?

Sun Tzu

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 40
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 6:33:01 PM   
freeboy

Don't really want to do those at the end.. how about the one that starts in 42 before coral sea ?

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 41
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 6:38:34 PM   
ZOOMIE1980

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag

quote:

Ahhh yes, the wait until Service Pack 1 is out, type. I'm kind of that way, too. I didn't buy UV until there were two major patch releases out. I've already noticed up in the support area there are some rather significant problems already exposed by the tiny few who got copies at Origins. Some non-trivial OOB omissions (most notably no C-46's in the CBI theater), a GUI refresh bug or two, a rather annoying sound bug having to do with DirectX, and a data problem with the tutorial. And those are just from the few who picked it up at Origins.....

DirectX problems caused by people's systems have very little to do with the developer. Data problem with the tutorial has already been posted as a solution. Screen refresh is a bit of a mystery. None of these have any impact whatsoever on game play.

If that is the best you can come up with for bugs, I'm laughing. Where's the real bug complaints that has something to do with the game like units vanishing or data being corrupted or combat reports having different results in PBEM?

Obviously none of those are show-stoppers, but they are NOT trivial things either. Add these things found by the 50-100 or so who got copies at Origins after playing only a few days, to the things we've already seen discussed going into the first patch release, and you can see what I mean. Nothing to stop the show, but enough make the cautious maybe wait for that first patch.....Naaahhh...

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 42
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 6:44:21 PM   
kaleun

Sounds good!
The game should be out today.
And I have tomorrow evening at work to play!
Goody.

Sun Tzu

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 43
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 8:08:40 PM   
kaleun

Refresh....Refresh....Refresh...
bathroom
Refresh... Refresh...

Sun Tzu

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 44
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 8:15:32 PM   
Grell

Hey Kaleun,

You're hilarious, love the nature of your posts.

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 45
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 8:15:38 PM   
ltfightr

Does anyone know if we can order a cd to be shipped when it is released for dd. DD does me no good where I live. I will have to order a CD. Any release time frame on them????

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 46
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 8:24:16 PM   
witpwife

Eric - Thank you so much for the information. We changed our vacation plans to be around this weekend, hoping that the DD would be available, and at least it sounds like it may be a good move. We all appreciate your hard work, and here is another vote to release it even if it has a few bugs. Patches are a good thing.

Post #: 47
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 8:26:36 PM   
jhdeerslayer

A wife who changes her vacation plans so her husband can get WITP? Wow, that is very cool. Are you rich also by any chance?

(in reply to witpwife)
Post #: 48
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 8:34:05 PM   
Aelbric

He may not be wealthy but he sure is rich, lucky too. I know because my wife understands my addiction as well. As long as I take time out for her she is OK with my wargame playing. Glad I held out for the right one

Semper Paratus

(in reply to jhdeerslayer)
Post #: 49
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 8:35:22 PM   
witpwife

As far as money is concerned, not as rich as I would like to be. Unfortunately I still need to work. Am rich in other ways, however. A happy husband is a good thing, even if it means only seeing the back of his head staring into a computer screen for days and nights on end.

Post #: 50
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 8:35:46 PM   
Sneer

I'm tired waiting/refreshing/checking for whole last three days I'd like to know if I should wait or leave for next 24h or longer
If it is not ready post and give us break. However I'd like to pay , download and then patch it. At least I'd read manual and had opportunity to get used to game scale.
do sth
decide , give date....
current situation is frustrating as I'm logged and ready /checking / more then half of my day

Post #: 51
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 8:38:10 PM   
kaleun

You look like the inspiration for "Care and feeding of husbands" By Laura Schlesinger.
I'm sure you can tear him away from the computer whenever you want.
Confess, you just get him WITP so you know where he is at all times

Sun Tzu

(in reply to witpwife)
Post #: 52
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 8:39:28 PM   
Grell

Hi WITPWife,

You remind me of my wife. When we were first married 10 years ago, she used to say "you love the computer more than me". Man that bugged me but she finally realized that my being on the computer ruled out my going out with my friends and so forth. So she is happy to see the back of my head as it were.

(in reply to witpwife)
Post #: 53
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 8:40:14 PM   
kaleun

I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer (post) I made, a few moments ago.

To paraphrase the PM (it was Majors when I was watching CSPAN questions to the PM)

Sun Tzu

(in reply to Sneer)
Post #: 54
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 8:41:03 PM   
GameTester

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sneer

I'm tired waiting/refreshing/checking for whole last three days I'd like to know if I should wait or leave for next 24h or longer
If it is not ready post and give us break. However I'd like to pay , download and then patch it. At least I'd read manual and had opportunity to get used to game scale.
do sth
decide , give date....
current situation is frustrating as I'm logged and ready /checking / more then half of my day

They are TRYING to release it today, but it is not guaranteed. They are looking to fix a few bugs first.

However they have guaranteed a release by the end of the week.

"I want, I want, gimme, gimme, gimme, I need, I need!"

Bob Wiley from What About Bob?

(in reply to Sneer)
Post #: 55
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 8:43:53 PM   
kaleun

121 anxious people watching in this forum!

Sun Tzu

(in reply to GameTester)
Post #: 56
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 8:45:01 PM   
52nd Lowland

quote:

ORIGINAL: kaleun

121 anxious people watching in this forum!

And rising..just wait till you Americans finish work and come on-line (at home)

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 57
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 8:46:19 PM   
kaleun

Actually, at home while I wait, I fortify myself with a tot of Laphroaig. Just to tide me along you see.

Sun Tzu

(in reply to 52nd Lowland)
Post #: 58
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 8:49:13 PM   
daft

quote:

ORIGINAL: kaleun

Actually, at home while I wait, I fortify myself with a tot of Laphroaig. Just to tide me along you see.

So do I! My fiancée bought me a bottle of the 10 year old stuff.

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 59
RE: MAtrix? - 6/30/2004 8:49:38 PM   
mavraam

quote:

And rising..just wait till you Americans finish work and come on-line (at home)

I never let being at work get in the way of my forum lurking!

(in reply to 52nd Lowland)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: MAtrix? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI