Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Downloading issues

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> RE: Downloading issues Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Downloading issues - 7/2/2004 11:41:00 PM   
Erik Rutins

Duane,

We definitely have more bandwidth than that available. I would guess that the bandwidth restriction is happening somewhere on your end.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Duane1972)
Post #: 31
RE: Downloading issues - 7/3/2004 1:38:59 AM   
m10bob

I started a download on my dial up windows XP approx 180 minutes ago,using Netleech(which IMHO is better than Getright,which I also have)..I was able to get 29MB,as I had parcelled the download from DR into 8 sections,but gradually over the next 2 hours the sections would time out with error message of "FORBIDDEN"..
Finally,I was down to 2 sections and then it just quit..I tried to contact DR "customer service"(apparently non-existent)unless maybe your a client honch(??)..
I tried reboot,and DR does acknowledge my purchase,and opens a window to allow download,but Netleech is not allwed access now,(can only attempt using WinXP's dl device and that is SSLLOOWWWW(2 days to do this)..I have firewall down,and probably 80gigs free,with about 20 years on computers..Top of the line Dell at present..Help??
(And please don't ask why I'm on model T dial up with a Lamborghini CPU,it's a long story

(in reply to Duane1972)
Post #: 32
RE: Downloading issues - 7/3/2004 5:57:21 AM   
wmiller159

quote:

ORIGINAL: wmiller159

I'm using Zone Alarm firewall and a linksys 4 port router. i'm trying the download with the firewall turned off to see how it goes. I had to call customer support to reset my download status. They cut you off after a certain number of failed attempts. If I get past 10%, that will be a m,ilestone

I finally completed my download on another computer using Mozilla instead of IE

(in reply to wmiller159)
Post #: 33
RE: Downloading issues - 7/3/2004 7:57:55 AM   
Maliki

I'm having a little issue myself.I had started my download and when i woke up today i had a message saying download complete.When i checked there was only 133 MB downloaded,for some strange reason i thought it was more,but when i checked the file properties that was all.Anyhoo i thought that i would be able to just restart from where it left off,but apparently i have to redownload everything again

I have a 56K connection,so this is reeeaall slow going,so any idea what i should do if this happens again?Well besides wait for my CD on demandI was just hoping to have it installed and running over the weekend and thinking that delivery may be held up by the holiday and weekend,but besides that it's no big deal.Just a little puzzeled why it would stop a little over a 1/4 of the way through and say it was finished.

"..if you want to make a baby cry, first you give it a lollipop. Then you take it away."

(in reply to wmiller159)
Post #: 34
RE: Downloading issues - 7/3/2004 12:50:38 PM   
m10bob

I never have heard from Digital River's "customer service" people,(gone for the holiday weekend?),and indeed this morning,I woke up to find the slow Windows XP download utility had also failed,leaving an error message that "the setup file was not sufficient for setup so it was terminated!"....
My original concern was that DR was not allowing my chosen download utility (Netleech) to "re-start" an already started download after they "shut my water off at 29 MB"..This is a security issue on their end apparently,as I do have other partial files on Netleech which I was able to "restart",having not even gone to those websites whatsoever for 3 days!!..No firewall problem here,no "lack of experience problems here",already tried the cold reboot,etc....
When I purchased UV,it was pretty much "cash and carry and I got the nice CD in it's own pack in the mail within 3 days,(not offered at the last minute as an "option"..
Strongly reccomend Matrix please go back to doing business as in the past,even if they need to charge more for the product.This 3rd party download site is just not taking care of your customers,certainly not this one.........
quote:

ORIGINAL: m10bob

I started a download on my dial up windows XP approx 180 minutes ago,using Netleech(which IMHO is better than Getright,which I also have)..I was able to get 29MB,as I had parcelled the download from DR into 8 sections,but gradually over the next 2 hours the sections would time out with error message of "FORBIDDEN"..
Finally,I was down to 2 sections and then it just quit..I tried to contact DR "customer service"(apparently non-existent)unless maybe your a client honch(??)..
I tried reboot,and DR does acknowledge my purchase,and opens a window to allow download,but Netleech is not allwed access now,(can only attempt using WinXP's dl device and that is SSLLOOWWWW(2 days to do this)..I have firewall down,and probably 80gigs free,with about 20 years on computers..Top of the line Dell at present..Help??
(And please don't ask why I'm on model T dial up with a Lamborghini CPU,it's a long story

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 35
RE: Downloading issues - 7/3/2004 4:41:38 PM   
m10bob

Update....Approx 0715 hrs,CSt,my Netleech was able to get a response from Digital river,it again opened 8-9 parcels but over the next hour,it repeated yesterdays performance of gradually ending the sections,and once it reached 7% download,it stopped again,and I was again getting *FORBIDDEN* when trying to reopen..I again tried to elicit a response from DR via customer "service"(HA!),and while their ROBOT STAFF did acknowledge my purchase,and kept sending me back to the "download HTTP" page,it simply would not let me resume,(even though my Netleech "properties" identifier for DR sez they do allow resuming..
Please note,I did NOTHING this morning different to get Netleech to resume for that solitary hour,except tried to (unsuccessfully) download using the inherent IE browser,(which failed)..
Now,when I try,I get that infamous "Too many attempts" error message#12,which does nothing but send me back to the same d@#$ed download page!!!!!!(GRRRR).......
The lights are on but nobody is home????????
quote:

I never have heard from Digital River's "customer service" people,(gone for the holiday weekend?),and indeed this morning,I woke up to find the slow Windows XP download utility had also failed,leaving an error message that "the setup file was not sufficient for setup so it was terminated!"....
My original concern was that DR was not allowing my chosen download utility (Netleech) to "re-start" an already started download after they "shut my water off at 29 MB"..This is a security issue on their end apparently,as I do have other partial files on Netleech which I was able to "restart",having not even gone to those websites whatsoever for 3 days!!..No firewall problem here,no "lack of experience problems here",already tried the cold reboot,etc....
When I purchased UV,it was pretty much "cash and carry and I got the nice CD in it's own pack in the mail within 3 days,(not offered at the last minute as an "option"..
Strongly reccomend Matrix please go back to doing business as in the past,even if they need to charge more for the product.This 3rd party download site is just not taking care of your customers,certainly not this one.........
quote:

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 36
RE: Downloading issues - 7/3/2004 5:11:41 PM   
Marc von Martial

If you use download clients like getright or netleech then please do not use excessive multiple logins (read multiple package downloads). I´m pretty sure that Digital River has an IP restriction to make sure their servers get not bombarded with multiple requests from one single IP. Try it with 2 packages first.

< Message edited by Marc Schwanebeck -- 7/3/2004 10:11:59 PM >

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 37
RE: Downloading issues - 7/3/2004 8:05:08 PM   
m10bob

Marc,please slowly,re-read all 3 of my linked posts..Initially,multiple log-ins was NOT the issue..I had a successful download session going,(twice),and both times it was shut down at that end,not mine,and my later "numerous hits" only happened after *numerous* attempts to elicit a response from Digital River's customer service area,(which has *still* not responded since my initial attempt approx 22 hours ago..)..Each and every time I tried to get a response,thier auto-system only shunted me back to the original "Download HTTP" screen,which again failed on every attempt..
I appreciate your time Marc,and you have helped me in the past.
I am not an enemy of Matrixgames,(long-time supporter and consumer),but I am having VERY REAL ISSUES with this 3rd party download service with no apparent customer service...
Help?
BTW Marc,per your suggestion,I have cut my Netleech down to 2 sectors,nothing positive to report yet......Bob
quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

If you use download clients like getright or netleech then please do not use excessive multiple logins (read multiple package downloads). I´m pretty sure that Digital River has an IP restriction to make sure their servers get not bombarded with multiple requests from one single IP. Try it with 2 packages first.

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 38
RE: Downloading issues - 7/4/2004 7:00:32 AM   
tsimmonds

Read "Solving Error 403 in GetRight"; there may be a similar solution for Netleech.

Fear the kitten!

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 39
RE: Downloading issues - 7/4/2004 4:51:23 PM   
m10bob

I am experiencing this exact problem..In one of wmiller159's later threads,he indicated he resolved his issue by downloading thru Mozilla..I just tried that as well,still getting error#12.....Does anybody have that elusive phone number for customer service??..I doubt anybody will be there today,but I fist tried to elicit a response nearly 2 days ago??
Does Digital River have a "customer service" department??
quote:

I'm having problems downloading the file. I get to about 8% downloaded and IE stops responding. I have to shut IE down in task manager, then start over. Now, it won't even start the download. If I left click on begin download now I get this message= The number of downloads you have attempted indicates you are having difficulty receiving your file. Please contact Customer Care for assistance in receiving your product.

Message Number: 12

If I right click and choose save as I get = Internet Explorer was not able to open this internet site.

Any Ideas?

(in reply to wmiller159)
Post #: 40
RE: Downloading issues - 7/4/2004 5:30:26 PM   
Marc von Martial

Digital River has a customer support department , but please keep in mind that this is a holiday weekend in the USA.

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 41
RE: Downloading issues - 7/4/2004 5:30:58 PM   
Zubnik

Thanks to everyone who provided feedback on the download process!

I finally downloaded Download Accelerater and was able to successfully get the game.

However, I can only run the game in diagnostic mode from msconfig, but so far at least I can play!!!!!

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 42
cd and downloading - 7/5/2004 5:06:28 AM   
herbieh

This probably is a silly question.
I paid my dollars, download and CD on demand
No way Im going to get a download on my connection, it said at least 24 hrs, so Im not going down that path(I admit to not being computer savvy for all the stuff you guys are talking abaout)
So , how long to actually get the CD here in Ausssie land, do I have to ask for it or is it already coming?

Man you guys have done well.
Im excited!!!

Big seas, Fast ships, life tastes better with salt

(in reply to wmiller159)
Post #: 43
RE: cd and downloading - 7/5/2004 4:16:04 PM   
m10bob

Herbieh....On the post for purchase,it indicated a cd will be cut for each individual purchase and sent within 10 days..I assume location has no bearing??
quote:

ORIGINAL: herbieh

This probably is a silly question.
I paid my dollars, download and CD on demand
No way Im going to get a download on my connection, it said at least 24 hrs, so Im not going down that path(I admit to not being computer savvy for all the stuff you guys are talking abaout)
So , how long to actually get the CD here in Ausssie land, do I have to ask for it or is it already coming?

Man you guys have done well.
Im excited!!!

(in reply to herbieh)
Post #: 44
RE: Downloading issues - 7/5/2004 7:30:25 PM   
wmiller159

quote:

I am experiencing this exact problem..In one of wmiller159's later threads,he indicated he resolved his issue by downloading thru Mozilla..I just tried that as well,still getting error#12.....Does anybody have that elusive phone number for customer service??..I doubt anybody will be there today,but I fist tried to elicit a response nearly 2 days ago??
Does Digital River have a "customer service" department??
quote:

I'm having problems downloading the file. I get to about 8% downloaded and IE stops responding. I have to shut IE down in task manager, then start over. Now, it won't even start the download. If I left click on begin download now I get this message= The number of downloads you have attempted indicates you are having difficulty receiving your file. Please contact Customer Care for assistance in receiving your product.

Message Number: 12

If I right click and choose save as I get = Internet Explorer was not able to open this internet site.

Any Ideas?

Call 952-646-5257. They can reset your download status. If you have too many download attempts, they will block you from making anymore. Ask them to reset your download status, and try using mozilla or netscape.

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 45
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> RE: Downloading issues Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI