Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Anyone here who wants to buy my Game?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Anyone here who wants to buy my Game? Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 8 [9]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Anyone here who wants to buy my Game? - 7/14/2004 10:24:26 AM   
frank1970

At keast the petticoat tax allowed the tax men to look undre other men´s wife´s skirt!

If you like what I said love me,if you dislike what I say ignore me!

"Extra Bavaria non est vita! Et sic est vita non est ita!"

(in reply to Didz)
Post #: 241
RE: Anyone here who wants to buy my Game? - 7/14/2004 10:47:49 AM   
Didz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Frank
At keast the petticoat tax allowed the tax men to look undre other men´s wife´s skirt!

Yes. Tax Assessments must have been interesting

Didz
Fortis balore et armis

(in reply to frank1970)
Post #: 242
RE: Anyone here who wants to buy my Game? - 7/14/2004 11:53:19 AM   
Cmdrcain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Didz

Under new rules due to come into force aboooout NOW!

Non EU companies seeling goods on-line to EU customers will be require to register with an EU state for VAT purposes and charge VAT on its sales even if the product is downloaded off the internet.

The online retailer - or 'e-tailer' - will levy VAT on all sales to EU customers at the rate applied by the country it is registered with.

Now which EU state has the lowest VAT I wonder?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/1973390.stm

Certainly not the UK.

A spokesperson for the US Treasury said the US was concerned about "the potential for discrimination against non-EU companies in terms of the tax rates to be charged".

A US Treasury spokesman has threatened to refer the issue to the World Trade Organisation claiming that it could be used to shut non-EU firms out of the market.

Humm Looks like a good old Trade war could occur, I'd note that if the EU actually wants to make non -eu companys collect what is an outside tax, legally I cant see it as legal, even if a case can be made that it is legal, a case probably can then be made that non-EU companys would have a right to levy and subtract from the VAT taxes they collect administrative fees, after all if EU wants to make non-european companys collect EU tax then they have to pay for the costs of collecting that tax.

Not the Non-EU business.

So If I ran an Internet business and figured my administrative costs as 10 pct of the collecting and I collect say 15 pct VAt then I'd keep 10 pct of the VAT

Ie: 100.00 sale 15 pct VAT ($15.00) 10 pct of $15 (1.50) per order kept.

Heres your 13.50 EU

Actually the 13.50 US dollars converted to Euros and paid as Euros not Dollars.

Wanna get nasty? USA might start demanding European sellers collect
State sales taxes, If EU wants US Business to collect a foreign tax, then tit for tat, european companys selling to US buyers collect and send in our State sales taxes.

Man... Masstaxcutts would be a place European companys would hate to sell to..

Noise? What Noise? It's sooooo quiet and Peaceful!

Battlestar Pegasus

(in reply to Didz)
Post #: 243
RE: Anyone here who wants to buy my Game? - 7/14/2004 12:01:48 PM   
Cmdrcain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Didz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Frank
I am very happy that the US don´t put tax on products from EU sold in the USA.

So, am I. But I think the issue is that some EU firms are adding VAT to products sold to US customers not the other way round.

At least thats the impression I got. I think the EU are so concerned that one of their citisen's might avoid paying VAT (Very Annoying Tax) that they have decided charging someone from the US extra by accident is a small price to pay.

But any smart consumer would buy with a credit card and that VAT would be grounds to dispute the charge, then Visa, etc would then look in, see its an illegal taxing and charge back the illegal tax charge.

And the charge back would have to be accepted unless the Business or Govt wants to lose any right to accept Visa,Etc

With a Credit card a Consumer has a powerful weapon to use if theres questionable charges.

Let it get out of hand( EU businesses charging non-eu Vat and generating alot of disputes/chargebacks) and EU might see the Major Credit Card companys Blacklist EU nations.

Then how will EU companys do commerce?

< Message edited by Cmdrcain -- 7/14/2004 5:08:27 AM >

Battlestar Pegasus

(in reply to Didz)
Post #: 244
RE: Anyone here who wants to buy my Game? - 7/14/2004 12:04:29 PM   
Cmdrcain

quote:

ORIGINAL: dinsdale

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cmdrcain
VAT I don't think is legal to be charged to someone in a nation outside the EU

Correct, but rather than write an 9 page thread whining about it I decided to suck it up Two options, buy or not buy. In the end, the inequity of having to pay an extra 5 or 6 euros wasn't enough to pump me up as though I were participating in the Boston Tea Party

Well as I've posted, if use a Credit Card you can dispute the VAT added and very likly a charge back generated for that part back onto the business

< Message edited by Cmdrcain -- 7/14/2004 5:10:31 AM >

Battlestar Pegasus

(in reply to dinsdale)
Post #: 245
RE: Anyone here who wants to buy my Game? - 7/14/2004 12:05:42 PM   
Cmdrcain

quote:

ORIGINAL: pterrok

I've read a couple of pages on the various ways people are taxed--it's actually kind of fascinating...Maybe Matrix has to publish a 'Sim Tax' game so that governments can virtually implement various tax strategies and see what keeps all the little people happy!

WHAT? You mean they haven't yet put out a Sim Tax... they seem have a SIM for everything...

Battlestar Pegasus

(in reply to pterrok)
Post #: 246
RE: Anyone here who wants to buy my Game? - 7/14/2004 12:46:04 PM   
eg0master

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cmdrcain
WHAT? You mean they haven't yet put out a Sim Tax... they seem have a SIM for everything...

Why not TaxTycoon?

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not.

(in reply to Cmdrcain)
Post #: 247
RE: Anyone here who wants to buy my Game? - 7/30/2004 11:04:00 PM   
MG3

Update:

Even I would like to play the game, I cant- it is so buggy on my PC that I can hardly play one turn without a fatal freeze. And that is with the 1.20 patch.

Isnt there an EU law that I can return an article ordered from a store within 90 days?

(in reply to eg0master)
Post #: 248
RE: Anyone here who wants to buy my Game? - 8/1/2004 7:23:26 AM   
Cmdrcain

quote:

ORIGINAL: MG3

Update:

Even I would like to play the game, I cant- it is so buggy on my PC that I can hardly play one turn without a fatal freeze. And that is with the 1.20 patch.

Isnt there an EU law that I can return an article ordered from a store within 90 days?

Would help if you posted system specs etc.

I'm running unpatched witp, no sound problems (got it set to 0)
no CTD, runs fine, systems a Pentium 4 1.8ghz, 256MB DDR-333 with a 400/533mhz FSB, O/s is XP, Video is 4x agp all in wonder radeon 7200 32MB systems set to 16 bit medium. Mobo is Abit It7 MAX 2

O/s patched with all security updates, dirextx 9.x

Not some store bought thing but one I built.

Whats your stats?

Battlestar Pegasus

(in reply to MG3)
Post #: 249
RE: Anyone here who wants to buy my Game? - 8/1/2004 2:03:36 PM   
Error in 0

quote:

In Norway most any product can be returned without an explanation to the seller within 14 days (but some products up to a year). This is to safeguard customers from stupid impulse buys . But how does this work for a Direct Download at Matrix? I guess Matrix must follow the Norwegian law if they sell to Norway?

(in reply to MG3)
Post #: 250
RE: Anyone here who wants to buy my Game? - 8/1/2004 11:45:02 PM   
Cmdrcain

quote:

ORIGINAL: JallaTryne

quote:

In Norway most any product can be returned without an explanation to the seller within 14 days (but some products up to a year). This is to safeguard customers from stupid impulse buys . But how does this work for a Direct Download at Matrix? I guess Matrix must follow the Norwegian law if they sell to Norway?

Thing is usually you never buy software as a "product" but are buying a License to use.

Ie: You go in a store and buy a TV your buying a product as it becomes yours to do as wish, of course tampering with its electronics voids warrantys but one can pretty much do as wish, its a product and you bought something you have true ownership of..

Of course I'm no lawyer, just thinking back into my Business law days and past discussions over software licenses vis a vis software ownership.

Battlestar Pegasus

(in reply to Error in 0)
Post #: 251
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 7 8 [9]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Anyone here who wants to buy my Game? Page: <<   < prev  5 6 7 8 [9]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI