Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can someone explain this?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Can someone explain this? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can someone explain this? - 7/6/2004 2:50:38 AM   
yamaslob

I feel my ground forces are not being displayed properly.

I have launched an amphib attack on Saipan after a lengthy air campaign and many bombardments into the face of strong CD defence. As of now I have 11,000 Inf. 40,000 second line troops, with an asdsault strength of 875 or so.

The problem is that you cannot command them or click on them at all. When I try clicking on the units, a screen comes up that is supposed to list the units I have on Saipan except it is empty. All the information about the the units makeup is on the right hand side of the screen though. No matter which filter I use to view them, they never are displayed. They have been the subject of bombardment over the past couple of days from enemy defenders so they are indeed on the beaches at least.

Also , it is showing no supplies even though I have brought them.

Can someone tell me if this is normal and it it signifies units without a foothold although 40,000 troops seems a big foothold, more like the beginning of a beachhead.

yamaslob
Post #: 1
RE: Can someone explain this? - 7/6/2004 2:55:24 AM   
2Stepper

Try clicking on the individual unit icons at the bottom of the screen. An INF unit is designated with a rectangle surrounding an X. That should bring up a more comprehensive detail of that unit including squads ordinance and vehicles as appropriate. You'll be able to tell them to attack, bombard, etc from there. ALSO, you'll be able to see how many supplies each unit has with them. Assuming all are unloaded from transports of course.

"Send in the Infantry. Tanks cost money... the dead cost nothing..." :)

(in reply to yamaslob)
Post #: 2
RE: Can someone explain this? - 7/6/2004 3:09:25 AM   
yamaslob

Well I can cycle through them that way. Thanks 2stepper I appreciate the help. I do wonder why the other screen is empty? It shows me the different filters.I guess I should note that I do not have control of the base. It is still in enemy hands. Could that be why units are not showing up?

thanks,
yamaslob

(in reply to 2Stepper)
Post #: 3
RE: Can someone explain this? - 7/6/2004 3:25:50 AM   
siRkid

I've seen this once before, let me know if they can be displayed on your next turn. When it happened to me, it corrected itself after one turn.

Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

(in reply to yamaslob)
Post #: 4
RE: Can someone explain this? - 7/6/2004 3:27:49 AM   
yamaslob

no, still the same. Not a gamestopper at least.

yamaslob

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 5
RE: Can someone explain this? - 7/6/2004 3:40:38 AM   
Mr.Frag

You got your filters turned off?

(in reply to yamaslob)
Post #: 6
RE: Can someone explain this? - 7/6/2004 3:55:45 AM   
yamaslob

No I don't. Other locals show the screen correctly.

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 7
RE: Can someone explain this? - 7/6/2004 9:19:58 PM   
nmzoomie

I had the same problem with one of my Japanese landing forces near Singapore. I found that I could access them by right clicking on the red square with the X, which then listed them near the bottom of the screen. Hope that helps.

(in reply to yamaslob)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Can someone explain this? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI