Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Just bought and downloading now

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Just bought and downloading now Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Just bought and downloading now - 7/14/2004 12:19:48 AM   
MythicalMino

Well, after being on the fence for a week about whether to get this or not....i decided to go on and shell out the 70 bucks....wow....expensive....but, i think i will enjoy it!!
Post #: 1
RE: Just bought and downloading now - 7/14/2004 12:24:25 AM   
Titanwarrior89

I think you will, its a work of "ART". Good luck!
quote:

ORIGINAL: MythicalMino

Well, after being on the fence for a week about whether to get this or not....i decided to go on and shell out the 70 bucks....wow....expensive....but, i think i will enjoy it!!

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

(in reply to MythicalMino)
Post #: 2
RE: Just bought and downloading now - 7/14/2004 12:41:19 AM   
Banquet

I've had it 10 days now and am still trying to get to grips with it's nuances and subtleties (read as, I don't know what I'm doing yet! )

I've bought other games that I've been bored within and stopped playing in that time! The more I play WiTP, the more I understand it, the more I love it. It's a challenging, deep and thoughtful slowburner.

There are a few problems coming to light, but that's only to be expected for a game of this magnitude. Hopefully patches will sort them out.

Good luck with the game.. I hope you enjoy it

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 3
RE: Just bought and downloading now - 7/14/2004 1:20:11 AM   
kaleun

Congrats!
I got it on the first day, and've been obsessing ever since.
Kind of like a drug.
Need fix. Need fix. Need fix.
Wife is getting upset about this

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to Banquet)
Post #: 4
RE: Just bought and downloading now - 7/14/2004 1:28:43 AM   
IanLister

I bought it the first day too.....I can't remember whether I have a wife or not!!!!!

Battleaxe Rules!

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 5
RE: Just bought and downloading now - 7/14/2004 1:29:09 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Banquet

I've had it 10 days now and am still trying to get to grips with it's nuances and subtleties (read as, I don't know what I'm doing yet! )

I've bought other games that I've been bored within and stopped playing in that time! The more I play WiTP, the more I understand it, the more I love it. It's a challenging, deep and thoughtful slowburner.

There are a few problems coming to light, but that's only to be expected for a game of this magnitude. Hopefully patches will sort them out.

Good luck with the game.. I hope you enjoy it

very beautiful banner

(in reply to Banquet)
Post #: 6
RE: Just bought and downloading now - 7/14/2004 1:45:35 AM   
John B

Yes, after over a week of playing, I rate it the best game I've ever played. There are niggles, of course, and things which could, and probably will, be put right, but they are minor blemishes overall on what is a superb game. One thing I'm enjoying are the sudden twists of fortune. Early March'42 in my game, and I'd just been gloating over the bloody nose a Jap task force had got from CDs and PT boats in the Dutch Indies (one CA sunk, one BB limping off with a torp in her). Seemed like Yamamoto might be optimistic with his dream of a six-month rampage.... Then I send a CV task force on what should have been (I thought) a routine strike at Kwajalein. All going well... Wildcats taking losses but bring down all but two of a Betty counterstrike. Then one of them gets a torp into "Saratoga" followed by a Major Ammunition Explosion. With over 30% flooding, and 17% fire, will she make it back to Pearl, or is one of my five CVs going to the bottom three months into the war?

Once you start playing this game, it grips you like a vice...

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 7
RE: Just bought and downloading now - 7/14/2004 3:19:53 AM   
Bodhi

quote:

ORIGINAL: IanLister

I bought it the first day too.....I can't remember whether I have a wife or not!!!!!

Same here, bought it first day. Thanks for the reminder ... better go and check that the wife's still here.

Bodhi

(in reply to IanLister)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Just bought and downloading now Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI