Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Any chance of these being added??

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Any chance of these being added?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any chance of these being added?? - 7/29/2004 5:50:59 AM   
vontiger

Hi have been doing some research into Japanese ships that were laid down but never built and from my early research u have most of them but I did find some other ships that have not been added or maybe added correctly.

The Akitsu Maru and Nigitsu Maru were Army carriers carried 20 planes and 20 landing craft.

The Yamashiro Maru Merchant carrier 8 planes.

Also I am investigating the Kumano maru, shimane maru teh katsuragi.

Also I would like an option for the Japanese player to decide if they want to build the Kii the 4th Yamato class battleship. In choosing this we loss production on other ships. But as we are running production it should be our choice.

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Any chance of these being added?? - 7/29/2004 5:52:37 AM   
von Murrin

You could also fire up the editor and add them yourself.

I give approximately two fifths of a !#$% at any given time!

(in reply to vontiger)
Post #: 2
RE: Any chance of these being added?? - 7/29/2004 5:56:00 AM   
vontiger

I would like to see these added as part of the game rather then me adding them myself

(in reply to vontiger)
Post #: 3
RE: Any chance of these being added?? - 7/29/2004 5:59:42 AM   
von Murrin

They would most likely be added in an alternate scenario, meaning the possibility of inclusion by Matrix/2by3 is unknown while the possibility of inclusion by you is 100% if you break out the editor.

Who knows? Make sure you have your OOB and wishlist items separate and then post them in the appropriate sticky threads and see what happens.

(in reply to vontiger)
Post #: 4
RE: Any chance of these being added?? - 7/29/2004 6:04:06 AM   
mogami

Hi, Strictly speaking the Japanese player does not run production. He has influence over portions of it. Some areas more then others but he is not in charge of it. He has to produce what the Japanese actually produced. He can halt progress on ships he can accelerate progress on ships. He has to build those aircraft his groups fly. (Producing Jets in 1942 would do no good since none of his 1942 groups can fly them)

I'm just making sure we are all on the same page here. The Japanese player can foul up the production system. But he is not really in control of it. The most important thing he can do is make sure it has what it requires to operate. Without it he will lose the war but he is quite able to kill it himself. The Japanese player cannot build anyship or aircraft that was not actually built (sometime the product was not ever completed or used but it was close enough to actual production that it is included in the game and might appear if conditions allow it. Ships that were contemplated but never actually laid down are not included.

THere are many ships that have not yet found their way into the OOB. The more data that can be provided the more likely they can be added. I'm certain all of the above are on a list somewhere.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to vontiger)
Post #: 5
RE: Any chance of these being added?? - 7/29/2004 6:05:05 AM   
vontiger

I am actually after some comment from people in the forum that they agree before I post this in the wishlist area

(in reply to von Murrin)
Post #: 6
RE: Any chance of these being added?? - 7/29/2004 6:12:41 AM   
von Murrin

It's your wish, so post it and see what happens.

(in reply to vontiger)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Any chance of these being added?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI