Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Members Area

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Members Area Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 7:37:54 AM   
Erik Rutins

Hi,

Sorry to see you are so upset. No personal information is required of you, and what you choose to put in isn't going anywhere but staying with us.

We removed all of our previous copy protection in exchange for a serial number and a generous policy on your use of the game and backup copies. In order to make sure that only people with legal copies were getting updates to the game, we set up the members area. It's as simple as that.

The only field that has to be correct is the serial number. There isn't enough data there for anything but our own curiosity on general geography. The info on how to contact you is strictly so that we can keep you notified when products you own are updated. It's a service, not a rip-off. We do need to explain this better and that's in the works, we just have been too busy to iron out the last rough edges and post a comprehensive announcement on the whole thing.

Regarding your contacting the admins, if you don't hear back from us it's possible something slipped through the cracks and I'm sorry about that as I would have been one of the people to miss it. In general we are very responsive. Did you try re-sending? We are also working on launching a new help desk in the immediate future that should really cut down on the chance of us missing a request.

Regarding your e-mail tonight, I logged on in response to it. I just got it here and it's after midnight. I'd call that a pretty quick response.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to rogueusmc)
Post #: 31
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 7:37:57 AM   
SunDevil_MatrixForum

nm

< Message edited by SunDevil -- 7/30/2004 5:38:22 AM >

(in reply to von Murrin)
Post #: 32
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 7:38:37 AM   
TheHellPatrol

Or...you could hold your breath until you turn blue. Although now that my son is eight years old he has a more mature approach to "lifes little challenges".Although sometimes it works...see.

< Message edited by TheHellPatrol -- 7/29/2004 9:40:07 PM >

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
Henry David Thoreau

(in reply to SunDevil_MatrixForum)
Post #: 33
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 7:39:22 AM   
TF 38

quote:

That applies to the rest of us, too. The golden rule of support/service in any industry is to first let the client vent.

Thanks for the slack Von Murrin.

Can I assume that these other gentlemen are representatives of MG, playtesters perhaps?

If so, then Matrix needs to be made aware of their deportment and its impact on the public's perception of the franchise.

Thanks again, :)

(in reply to von Murrin)
Post #: 34
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 7:40:14 AM   
SunDevil_MatrixForum

nope just customers like yourself who enjoy a calm forum, where people post with questions instead of rants....

But now that you got a response, start complaining about something else please.

< Message edited by SunDevil -- 7/30/2004 5:40:39 AM >

(in reply to TF 38)
Post #: 35
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 7:40:26 AM   
carnifex

when you say the system doesn't respond to your registration, you are referring to not getting an email with the password, right?

two people in this thread just signed up for the members area and got their emails right away, so i suspect it's your mail server being slow, or clogged, or you entered a wrong email address.

edit:

quote:

Regarding your e-mail tonight, I logged on in response to it. I just got it here and it's after midnight. I'd call that a pretty quick response.

Regards,

- Erik

someone is up late :) bravo Erik and Matrix!

< Message edited by carnifex -- 7/30/2004 12:42:52 AM >

Post #: 36
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 7:42:50 AM   
rogueusmc

quote:

ORIGINAL: von Murrin

Guys, really. He's new and upset. Let him breathe a bit, ok?

Yes Sir...I'll keep myself in line...

(in reply to von Murrin)
Post #: 37
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 7:44:09 AM   
TF 38

quote:

Regards,

- Erik

Thanks Mr Rutin,

I really do need some help with this. I've been fighting with your registration procedures since attempting to update my email info, and its been nothing but a headache since.

As to this little scrum of equal-opportunity-flamers that's assembled here, you might want to consider a little trip to the MatrixGames woodshed for those under NDA with you.

Thanks again!

(in reply to TF 38)
Post #: 38
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 7:44:40 AM   
von Murrin

quote:

ORIGINAL: TF 38

quote:

That applies to the rest of us, too. The golden rule of support/service in any industry is to first let the client vent.

Can I assume that these other gentlemen are representatives of MG, playtesters perhaps?

If so, then Matrix needs to be made aware of their deportment and its impact on the public's perception of the franchise.

No, they're forum regulars, except for Mogami who helped test. Folks here can get a bit defensive when it seems as though someone is dishing it out to Matrix when they provide the best support many of us have ever seen.

If you've been rushed down the thread a bit, Erik posted a response a few up from the one I'm quoting. Hope this gets resolved in a timely manner for you, and welcome to the forums. Don't take anyting here personally; we're a pretty helpful bunch in general, if sometimes a bit quick.

I give approximately two fifths of a !#$% at any given time!

(in reply to TF 38)
Post #: 39
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 7:45:04 AM   
Erik Rutins

TF 38,

Sorry, missed the part where the registration wasn't working for you.

Please e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com with your e-mail address/username that you used (I assume TF 38) for the Members Area login. I'll have the guy who wrote it in Australia (who is much more awake than I am) check on this issue and hopefully you will have access either tonight or in the morning.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to rogueusmc)
Post #: 40
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 7:46:05 AM   
SunDevil_MatrixForum

This thread is missing something..... I know, more cow bell.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 41
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 7:47:08 AM   
Black Cat

quote:

ORIGINAL: SunDevil

nope just customers like yourself who enjoy a calm forum, where people post with questions instead of rants....

Bad Sun Devil !! Bad !!! You keep that up and you`ll get a " F " in deportment and have to stay after school.

I can just see Matrix Stock opening down 10 points on the NYSE tomorrow AM due to " bad public perception of the franchise "

< Message edited by Black Cat -- 7/30/2004 5:47:39 AM >

Post #: 42
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 7:48:18 AM   
Erik Rutins

TF 38,

quote:

Thanks Mr Rutin,

I really do need some help with this. I've been fighting with your registration procedures since attempting to update my email info, and its been nothing but a headache since.

As to this little scrum of equal-opportunity-flamers that's assembled here, you might want to consider a little trip to the MatrixGames woodshed for those under NDA with you.

Thanks again!

No problem, please see my second reply as well.

The people posting here are not our staff or testers, I'm not sure where you got that impression. They're forum members and customers like yourself. It seems that any initial friction has passed on all parts, I would suggest we just call it all water under the bridge and move on to fix your problem. Sound good?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to TF 38)
Post #: 43
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 7:48:49 AM   
SunDevil_MatrixForum

Sweet that means I can buy more stock for when it goes up when the patch is released.

(in reply to Black Cat)
Post #: 44
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 7:49:18 AM   
madflava13

I put my pants on one leg at a time, just like you... Only then, I make gold records.

I've got a fever and the only prescription is...

"The Paraguayan Air Force's request for spraying subsidies was not as Paraguayan as it were..."

Post #: 45
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 7:49:33 AM   
SunDevil_MatrixForum

The just dropped the bat and I am stepping away from the dead horse.

MORE COW BELL.... DING DING DING DING

< Message edited by SunDevil -- 7/30/2004 5:50:06 AM >

Post #: 46
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 7:50:52 AM   
rogueusmc

quote:

quote:

How many people here think Matrix Games is the BEST by far for any Quality gaming product AND support for their product anywhere, say, "HELL YEAH!!!"

There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

(in reply to TF 38)
Post #: 47
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 7:52:38 AM   
carnifex

quote:

equal-opportunity-flamers

NOT TRUE !

I only flame the ones I love.

Post #: 48
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 7:53:17 AM   
TheHellPatrol

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

TF 38,

quote:

Thanks Mr Rutin,

Thanks again!

No problem, please see my second reply as well.

The people posting here are not our staff or testers, I'm not sure where you got that impression. They're forum members and customers like yourself. It seems that any initial friction has passed on all parts, I would suggest we just call it all water under the bridge and move on to fix your problem. Sound good?

Regards,

- Erik
Hey Boss, about that raise you were talkin' to me and the boys about?...Just kidding...i'll put my pitchfork and torch back in the garage.P.S. HELL YEAH!!!!!!

< Message edited by TheHellPatrol -- 7/29/2004 9:54:25 PM >

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
Henry David Thoreau

Post #: 49
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 8:08:40 AM   
Behemoth

One giant HELL-YEAH over here. Also TF 38 Sorry to hear about your problems, they happen everywhere from time to time. I've dealt with matrix in one way or another since 2000 something I think... WOW time flies. They really are a company from a bygone era, we are not likly to see many more companies like this that actually CARE what their customers think. My loyalty started with Steel Panthers WAW, Check it out it's a free update of one Gary G's great games. This game started them running and they have never really dropped the ball since... did I mention it's free? Welcome. Enjoy the game, by the way, even without a patch it's the best out there.
-B

(in reply to rogueusmc)
Post #: 50
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 8:16:32 AM   
mjk428

TF 38-

Just in case you missed it in all the excitement, there's nothing in the Members Area related to WitP yet.

There is an interim patch (1.10d) in the War in the Pacific Support forum.

(in reply to Behemoth)
Post #: 51
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 8:20:21 AM   
Becket

quote:

ORIGINAL: mjk428

TF 38-

Just in case you missed it in all the excitement, there's nothing in the Members Area related to WitP yet.

There is an interim patch (1.10d) in the War in the Pacific Support forum.

Can we start harrassing Erik for patch information now?

< Message edited by Becket -- 7/30/2004 6:21:17 AM >

"The very word Moscow meant a lot to all of us....it meant all we had ever fought for" -Rokossovsky

(in reply to mjk428)
Post #: 52
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 8:51:26 AM   
Bodhi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
We removed all of our previous copy protection in exchange for a serial number and a generous policy on your use of the game and backup copies. In order to make sure that only people with legal copies were getting updates to the game, we set up the members area. It's as simple as that.
- Erik

And a very big thumbs up to Matrix for that. I don't begrudge Matrix an email address if it gets rid of the awful CD copy protection scheme they were using before. Nice to see that Matrix listened to the grumbling customers.

Bodhi

Post #: 53
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 9:51:08 AM   
Smiffus64

What some of you forget is that first impressions do count. Nowadays people want to get service now instead of later and with as little fuss as possible. A customer doesn't care that others have good experience with a company, it is their experience that matters. Is a customer right to get disgruntled? I think so. The way someone expresses that is another matter, which is not to say that TF38's reaction is wrong. The squeaky wheel and all...

I've been a lurker on these forums for some time now and decided to finally register now that I've ordered WitP and it took some doing. For the first login I created I didn't get a confirmation/activation mail so I sent a mail to forums@matrixgames.com.. lo and behold I got an undeliverable mail in return. I sent a mail asking for help to support@matrixgames.com and they promptly replied telling me it was an inactive account without going into my first concern.. In the end I just registered again with another nick, then everything went smoothly.

As I said, first impressions are important, certainly when one coughs up (what for me is) a large amount of money up front for a product.

(in reply to Bodhi)
Post #: 54
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 11:42:17 AM   
David Heath

Hi Everyone

Yep its 4:35 am and I just posted the patch v1.20 for WITP. So those signed up in the members area you will find it there. The only way to get a patch is to register with your serial number in our members area. This allows us to make it easy for you to back up your games, play them on your laptop and desktop PC and provide some security to us. We have proven we do not mind giving support but we like to do it just to those who deserve it.

NONE of your data will ever be sold or giving away. We figured it would be nice to drop an email when a patch for a game you registered became available. TF38 I am currently on the phone to our staff memeber handling this and I hope to have it fixed very soon if it not already.

Once again thank you to everyone that purchased WITP and stop reading this forum and go tell your friends

(in reply to Smiffus64)
Post #: 55
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 11:58:42 AM   
brisd

quote:

ORIGINAL: SunDevil

The Members Area IS CONFUSING the first time, took me several minutes just now to figure it out and then it let me start down loading the patch. It stopped once, at 48% so far d/l. Your statement earlier about not needing is register is FALSE, you can't d/l the patch without registering and giving information. Some people have issues with providing personal information just to d/l a patch for a program they already paid for. I can see his point, even if he is very upset, he has the right to ask what is up. Some of you need to be more supportive and post CORRECT info instead of slamming him. And I don't find it funny at all. Matrix is one of the best companies for support issues but some of the forum members are total ****s.

"I propose to fight it out on this line if it takes all summer."-Note sent with Congressman Washburne from Spotsylvania, May 11, 1864, to General Halleck. - General Ulysses S. Grant

Post #: 56
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 3:53:53 PM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

Some people have issues with providing personal information just to d/l a patch for a program they already paid for.

You don't seem to get it. The patches are for those who bought the game. The requirement to register and fill in your serial number is required to activate the game sections that you own. Owning multiple games, each one I own gets keyed in there and once I key it in, an additional row shows up with patch status for that game.

You don't get patches unless you prove you own the game. What exactly is so difficult with that concept? A large number of companies have switched over to this type of system to keep people out of their support areas. Bandwidth costs money.

In two strokes, Matrix has effectively eliminated piracy AND removed peoples major gripe about having to keep a CD in the drive to play.

(in reply to brisd)
Post #: 57
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 4:10:44 PM   
Oliver Heindorf

honestly, for me, being non native english, the member area was not clear too. why I have to register again and why not using the forum data you already have etc etc. this was really confusing to me.

and how do I register my copy of UV& Screaming Eagles...I think I registered Screaming Eagles some time ago but it doesnt appear.....I have no mails/order numers as backup becasue I had a PC-crash......can I re-download ? HELP

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 58
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 4:13:18 PM   
SunDevil_MatrixForum

Oliver,

For the other two games mentioned, you might want to post a thread in this general support forum.

http://www.matrixgames.com/default.asp?URL=http%3A//www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp%3Fforumid%3D18

(in reply to Oliver Heindorf)
Post #: 59
RE: Members Area - 7/30/2004 5:00:53 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oliver Heindorf

honestly, for me, being non native english, the member area was not clear too. why I have to register again and why not using the forum data you already have etc etc. this was really confusing to me.

Easy, because it doesn´t work and it will only clutter up the members area databse with people that actually do not own a Matrix Games product.

quote:

and how do I register my copy of UV& Screaming Eagles...I think I registered Screaming Eagles some time ago but it doesnt appear.....I have no mails/order numers as backup becasue I had a PC-crash......can I re-download ? HELP

You don´t need to, because these two games don´t have a serial number. They fall under a different copy protection sceme.

< Message edited by Marc Schwanebeck -- 7/30/2004 10:02:42 PM >

(in reply to Oliver Heindorf)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: Members Area Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI