Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 1/30/2002 8:25:00 AM   
Rick Borovec

If it is Stalingrad, then I would prefer it be from the Russian side. I would rather it be the Ardennes, from the US side. I like the Italian campaign idea too. Ultimately I am going to buy what they produce regardless of theater.

(in reply to BryanMelvin)
Post #: 31
- 2/2/2002 10:57:00 AM   
BryanMelvin

I just would like to thank each of you for the great responses to this thread. If another Mega Campaign on Stalingrad comes about, it would be more on the lines of Operations Blau, Burnswick, and Winter Storm. Other Ideas involve Kursk as well as western front ideas such as the Normandy campaign. If there is a great interest in Mega Camapigns then please let David Heath, Wild Bill, Paul Vebber, and all the Matrix staff know. After working on these mega campaigns, I have learned much about the potential for design these offer. I hope that another Mega Campaign can come about in the near future. Whatever the Front is or the battle depicted will it will be a winner Happy and joyous gaming fun to you all

Post #: 32
- 2/2/2002 5:09:00 PM   
Kuroshio Apocal

How about instead of tying it down to one area and time in the war, doing an MC on a certain unit? IE. MegaCampaign: All-American, the 82nd Airborne in WW2. Sicily, Salerno, Normandy, and Holland.

Post #: 33
- 2/2/2002 9:29:00 PM   
Bing

quote:

Originally posted by Kuroshio Apocal:
How about instead of tying it down to one area and time in the war, doing an MC on a certain unit? IE. MegaCampaign: All-American, the 82nd Airborne in WW2. Sicily, Salerno, Normandy, and Holland.
This is the best idea yet, the one I would go for in a big, big way. Germans seem to dominate the WW2 gaming idea pool. Our airborne - eithr division, really - was the equal of any leg troopers in WW2. Even grumpy Max Hastings has to admit how good they were. I would add to Kuroshios's fine idea: Allow an equivalent of the "Victors" option, the Allies continue the fight after the 1945 victory, against the Soviet Union. New and better weapons could be introduced, including but certainly not limited to jet aircraft. Count my vote for a MC centered on my beloved "Devils in Baggy Pants". Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

Post #: 34
- 2/3/2002 12:02:00 AM   
rwenstrup

Manstein's "Fire Brigade" defending the Dnepr...lots of tank battles...heavy odds against the player, but great armor...lots of movement...

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

Post #: 35
- 2/3/2002 3:37:00 AM   
MirageG3

I´d rather see the east-front efforts going into Combat Leader than another MC... Currently about halfway trough Desert Fox and while it´s very enjoyable most of the time and the scenarios are diverse, the setting and equipment can get a bit tired after a while. Most dunes look the same and the fact that I now know the armour thickness and slopes of every British ´41 tank by heart by now isn´t necessarily a good thing. I think the idea of following a unit through the war is a good idea. What i´d really like to see though, is themed MC´s in this vein - MC: "Airborne"
A Collection of 2 shorter MC´s follow Airborne units from US (82nd is a great option)and Germany (from Norway, Belgium and Crete to the ending as an elite mechanized unit on the west front). The more ´epic´ scope would allow for a great diversity in both missions and equipment and an opportunity to participate in several of the wars most spectacular and bloody battles

Post #: 36
- 2/3/2002 3:42:00 AM   
rwenstrup

How about following a unit like the 87th Infantry Division through the Loraine and Bulge campaigns...little known unit...saw action in a couple of key campaigns

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI