Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 2/28/2002 2:48:00 AM   
V-man

quote:

Originally posted by Charles_22:
5thRecon: I only have 2 platoons of engineers, and almost never buy any additional in support, and even that gives me misgivings about my engineer support being too heavy.
Yet IRL, additional Engineer support is normal when a unit is tasked to assault. V-man

"You see, in this world there's 2 kinds of people, my friend:
Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

(in reply to Lou)
Post #: 31
- 2/28/2002 10:59:00 PM   
sveinne

Gentlemen.
I fully agree with Bing and Charles_22. There is far to often to little time for "intelligent" recon and this often results in gamey (reckless) playing. Well, the thread is getting long so I might have missed this one. Someone (Les the Sarge 9-1?)thought about purchasing knowledge of hexes for a price. What about purchasing turns in a similar manner as purchasing reinforcements? Would that be conceivable?? Of course the scenario designers always have to take into account that playing stiles differ and particular scenarios simply call for a certain stile/approach. This thread truly highlights the responsibility of the designer to consider time as much as a factor of a good scenario as everything elso on the map, terrain, torrent and troops.
Regards
Sveinn

Jakki er ekki frakki nema síður sé

(in reply to Lou)
Post #: 32
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI