Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Not enough US carriers?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Not enough US carriers? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Not enough US carriers? - 9/22/2004 4:55:37 AM   
EasyGreen

This must have been discussed, although I can't find it by searching the forum or the database. How does the game handle the second incarnations of the Hornet, Lexington, Wasp and Yorktown in the campaign games? I don't find a second version of these carriers and I don't find any extra Essex Class carriers to account for them.
Post #: 1
RE: Not enough US carriers? - 9/22/2004 5:05:31 AM   
Ron Saueracker

Don't get the "Frogmouth" started! Someone else may answer this because if I start I might go off on a rant again.

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to EasyGreen)
Post #: 2
RE: Not enough US carriers? - 9/22/2004 5:10:39 AM   
eMonticello

If you lose any of the pre-war carriers, they will be replaced with Essex-class carriers with the appropriate names. Before the war is over, you'll have so many carriers that you'll begin to lose track of them all.

Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example. -- Pudd'nhead Wilson

(in reply to EasyGreen)
Post #: 3
RE: Not enough US carriers? - 9/22/2004 5:24:43 AM   
EasyGreen

Strange way to deal with it. But thanks for the info. So I guess these carriers come from somewhere outside the database.

(in reply to eMonticello)
Post #: 4
RE: Not enough US carriers? - 9/22/2004 6:02:05 AM   
fbastos

quote:

Someone else may answer this because if I start I might go off on a rant again

Yay, let's revive the carrier names, hull numbers and carrier ressuscitation discussion!!

Hooray!

Where did we stop on that, again?

< Message edited by fbastos -- 9/22/2004 6:31:19 AM >

(in reply to EasyGreen)
Post #: 5
RE: Not enough US carriers? - 9/22/2004 11:48:29 AM   
strawbuk

Let's just copy this thread over and save a lot of time http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=595257&mpage=2&key=spawn�

Twinkle twinkle PBY
Seeking Kido Bu-tai
Flying o' the sea so high
An ill-omen in the sky
Twinkle twinkle PBY
Pointing out who's next to fry

(in reply to fbastos)
Post #: 6
RE: Not enough US carriers? - 9/22/2004 11:53:58 AM   
Adnan Meshuggi

Lol, use an editor, make 200 more US-Carriers, all dur 255, Capacity 1000 and have fun....

or, look in this other thread and recognize, that if you loose a carrier, it will come back as an essex 400 days later...
to shorten it
oh, and NO, this way is not discussable, cause Gary G. want it this way.

Don't tickle yourself with some moralist crap thinking we have some sort of obligation to help these people. We're there for our self-interest, and anything we do to be 'nice' should be considered a courtesy dweebespit

(in reply to strawbuk)
Post #: 7
RE: Not enough US carriers? - 9/22/2004 1:45:11 PM   
Twotribes

400 days? I thought it was a range of numbers not a set number on when the carrier got built.

(in reply to EasyGreen)
Post #: 8
RE: Not enough US carriers? - 9/22/2004 3:21:44 PM   
Adnan Meshuggi

well, if i remember the thread correctly, then any "old" CV that get lost before 1943 (i belive 1.6.43 or was it 1.1) will be a new essex-carrier that will arrive after 400 days.
this should show the capability of us industry to produce more as you need. I think this is correct, cause a loss of "all" carriers had meant a lot more shipbuilding in the states, maybe they had built the whole shipyards... so, make just a test... kill a us carrier and look in the ship arrive screen if it respawn with 400 (399) days... it should work

Don't tickle yourself with some moralist crap thinking we have some sort of obligation to help these people. We're there for our self-interest, and anything we do to be 'nice' should be considered a courtesy dweebespit

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 9
RE: Not enough US carriers? - 9/22/2004 3:23:43 PM   
Twotribes

I have no intention of lossing a carrier just to see when it eventually gets replaced ). I wont even intentionally lose the smaller carrier, as that gives the Japanese victory points.

(in reply to Adnan Meshuggi)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Not enough US carriers? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI