Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

US War Plan Red

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> US War Plan Red Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
US War Plan Red - 10/18/2004 3:19:37 AM   
rekab

Now that Plan Orange is well on it's way, perhaps we can see Plan Red? I am sure Ron would want to mount a Defence Plan for 'Crimson'

--Bob
Post #: 1
RE: US War Plan Red - 10/18/2004 4:34:16 AM   
Don Bowen

quote:

ORIGINAL: rekab

Now that Plan Orange is well on it's way, perhaps we can see Plan Red? I am sure Ron would want to mount a Defence Plan for 'Crimson'

--Bob

Don't even think about it. The U.S. has invaded Canada twice (Revolution, War of 1812) and got our butts kicked both times. We've learned our lesson.

(in reply to rekab)
Post #: 2
RE: US War Plan Red - 10/18/2004 7:54:02 AM   
rekab

Yes, it's amazing what Officers will come up with if left to their own devices.

Can you believe that they had a plan to attack Quebec , the valour of US troops has gone up in my esteem.

I don't know what you give these Guys to drink but can you export some to the UK

--Bob

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 3
RE: US War Plan Red - 10/18/2004 8:10:31 AM   
Don Bowen

I recall reading (quite a while ago) about the U.S. and Canadian contingency war plans from the 1930s.

The U.S. plan was a rework of the same old War of 1812 attack - rumble down major routes to the larger cities and overwhelm them.

The Canadians had a much more innovative and probably more workable plan. It called for spoiling attacks on U.S. armories and marshalling points near the border (especially in New York State, if I recall) followed by a fighting withdrawal, destroying communications and transportation facilities on the way. The intent being to force a sufficient delay to allow help to arrive from the Empire.

Lucking such plans were never needed and probably were only drawn up as an excuse to give U.S. Officers a chance to tour Canada and Canadian Officers a chance to tour the U.S.

(in reply to rekab)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> US War Plan Red Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI