Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

new vehicle I would like to see

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> new vehicle I would like to see Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
new vehicle I would like to see - 6/20/2000 12:40:00 AM   
bigjim

I would like to see a "bridging vehicle" it could be like the barge carrier but it would put out a section of bridge and I can see many interesting senario's surrounding the building of the bridge. Just imagine the first truck drops it's bridge section and the second truck does the same, as the third truck starts to move it gets fire, etc etc... BigJim

Post #: 1
- 6/20/2000 4:42:00 AM   
Warhorse

Hello, I had expereimented with this a couple of years ago with SP3. It was hard to work with, but I fear coding may be what would do the trick!! I may at least try to make the icon and unit again, see what happens! ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to bigjim)
Post #: 2
- 6/20/2000 4:54:00 AM   
schmoe

An interesting idea, but I don't think game time would allow it. Unless I'm mistaken, even in '67 it took both Egyptian and Israeli armies several hours to put even a pontoon bridge across the Suez Canal. Same thing goes for repairing a bridge, unless you are talking about spanning destroyed roadbeds with footpaths for infantry.

(in reply to bigjim)
Post #: 3
- 6/20/2000 5:57:00 AM   
Dave R

quote:

Originally posted by schmoe: An interesting idea, but I don't think game time would allow it. Unless I'm mistaken, even in '67 it took both Egyptian and Israeli armies several hours to put even a pontoon bridge across the Suez Canal. Same thing goes for repairing a bridge, unless you are talking about spanning destroyed roadbeds with footpaths for infantry.
Shmoe's right on this point, tolay a pontoon, takes hours. But There is a roll for a bridge layer, for breaching anti tank gullys ect. So I can see a varient on the mine clearing tank, one that can breach an obstical

In times of war we see the worst that man has to offer. But we also see the best that man has to offer.

(in reply to bigjim)
Post #: 4
- 6/20/2000 8:34:00 AM   
johnfmonahan

Something along the lines on an Armored Vihicle Launched Bridge (AVLB) Basically a folding bridge on a tank chassis. I don't remember how long the were but they took only a few minutes to deploy. Don't know what WWII had.

When in doubt, go on line.

(in reply to bigjim)
Post #: 5
- 6/20/2000 8:58:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

If you want to breach an AT ditch, buy a barge carrier, plunk the barge down in the AT ditch and bogey accross by loading and unloading the Barge. It is a little fast (being magically deployed in 1 turn) but if you really really want to make sure you don't get bogged down in streams or to breach AT ditches it works :-)

(in reply to bigjim)
Post #: 6
- 6/20/2000 9:34:00 PM   
johnfmonahan

How about a bridge vehicle in the OOB that has the same effect ? I don't have the sources for them or I would send them in myself.

When in doubt, go on line.

(in reply to bigjim)
Post #: 7
- 6/20/2000 11:56:00 PM   
Warhorse

Hello, I'll unofficially see what I can do. I had made a set of icons a couple of years ago, may have to redo them, the use of them is exactly as Paul Vebber offered, a little cumbersome, but it works!! Stay tuned

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to bigjim)
Post #: 8
- 6/20/2000 11:58:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Go Warhorse! Old Warhorse (Mike Amos) is the author of the new trains feature coming in version 2.0. His creativity is only matched by his artistic style. He loves a challenge. Why not? He is a Marine The Kunel ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to bigjim)
Post #: 9
- 6/21/2000 1:48:00 AM   
bigjim

Hoo RAh Warhorse BigJim

(in reply to bigjim)
Post #: 10
- 6/21/2000 2:04:00 AM   
Warhorse

Hey Kunel, so many good ideas, so little time..! This should prove interesting to do, just gotta give it another go, have been thinking of making one for awhile, then BigJim set me off, thanks Big Guy!!;-)Oh, I just last nite redid the phony looking British MK VIC, and made a version for the Besa armed one, and made an icon for the MK II!! Stand by... ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to bigjim)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> new vehicle I would like to see Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI