Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

B-29 Units going Kamikazee

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> B-29 Units going Kamikazee Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
B-29 Units going Kamikazee - 2/13/2005 8:19:07 PM   
thebeis

Hello,
Version 1.4 started under 1.3
Playing against the AI.
It is 10/30/1944, I have 3 B-29 Groups in Changsa China. They are partially damaged. The AI makes a suprize push and now has forces in Changsa too.

I decide it is time to move the B-29 groups to Chungking, just in case my defenders fail.

The damaged B-29 planes remaining behind are now KAMIKAZEE units.

In nearby Hengchow there is another B-29 group. I move it to Chungking and the damaged planes left behind are NOT Kamikazee units.

I have both before and after saves.

Is this a "bug"?

I will play on a few turns and see what happens to the B-29 Kami units, and report back.
Post #: 1
RE: B-29 Units going Kamikazee - 2/13/2005 8:21:23 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebeis

Hello,
Version 1.4 started under 1.3
Playing against the AI.
It is 10/30/1944, I have 3 B-29 Groups in Changsa China. They are partially damaged. The AI makes a suprize push and now has forces in Changsa too.

I decide it is time to move the B-29 groups to Chungking, just in case my defenders fail.

The damaged B-29 planes remaining behind are now KAMIKAZEE units.

In nearby Hengchow there is another B-29 group. I move it to Chungking and the damaged planes left behind are NOT Kamikazee units.

I have both before and after saves.

Is this a "bug"?

I will play on a few turns and see what happens to the B-29 Kami units, and report back.

Jeez - did they get Fatman and Littleboy too? That would make for an interesting kamakaze scenario...

(in reply to thebeis)
Post #: 2
RE: B-29 Units going Kamikazee - 2/13/2005 10:13:19 PM   
thebeis

Hello again,
The next turn the repaired B-29 units were available to be sent on Kamikazee missions.

Thought about launching a raid...... Decided it was a bad use for B-29s.

Going to hope the China defenders can keep the Jap AI away long enough for the bombers to repair so I can transfer them out to the parent unit.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 3
RE: B-29 Units going Kamikazee - 2/14/2005 5:14:11 PM   
PeteG662

Could this be related to the other problem with Changsha not changing to the right command when taken over? Seems to be something like a "Bermuda Triangle" with that City!

(in reply to thebeis)
Post #: 4
RE: B-29 Units going Kamikazee - 2/14/2005 6:18:46 PM   
gdpsnake

Yes, this is because of the Changsha bug. The same will happen in Camranh Bay and Saigon _ DO NOT PUT ANY ALLIED AIRCRAFT IN THESE BASES. The A/C will go over to Japanese control and the air unit replacements will show up in other Jap bases as Jap aircraft.
This has been a problem since game release but they never seem to address the issue in a patch.

(in reply to PeteG662)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> B-29 Units going Kamikazee Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI