Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can't recombine LCU

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Can't recombine LCU Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't recombine LCU - 2/19/2005 9:55:33 PM   
Feinder

In my game vs. Dude, I've got 3 Chines Corps in Homan. We agreed to (attempt) to recombine to the larger units, if all sub-units are in the same hex (and stayig there). The reason being that, splitting a unit, reduces the distruption.

So I've got all of the sub units, for 3 Corps. I could only recombine 1 of them. The other two, have A/B/C units, but I am not given the option to recombine.

Know issue? Frag, want a save?

-F-

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

Post #: 1
RE: Can't recombine LCU - 2/20/2005 12:22:40 AM   
ckk

Are there ANY fragments of the Corps anywhere on the map? In transit? I don't know why or how long they were apart. But the only time this happened to me was when I divided a division in PNG had them cleaning up small IJA outposts and by the time I got them back together one had upgraded to different equipment and the rebuild button was greyed out.

< Message edited by ckk -- 2/19/2005 4:38:05 PM >

(in reply to Feinder)
Post #: 2
RE: Can't recombine LCU - 2/20/2005 12:24:21 AM   
mogami

Hi, The program has just gliched. Load one of the parts onto transports and then unload it again. (I think all you need do is order it to load on 1 AP and then cancel the order)
Try the "A" part

< Message edited by Mogami -- 2/19/2005 5:24:43 PM >

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to ckk)
Post #: 3
RE: Can't recombine LCU - 2/20/2005 4:39:10 AM   
Feinder

Nope. No other fragments (Chinese Corps only split into A/B/C).

They're actually all China Command, so there aren't any transports nearby, and I'm sorta lacking in coastal cities anyways...

:^)

Oh well. Thanks anyways.
-F-

"It is obvious that you have greatly over-estimated my regard for your opinion." - Me

(in reply to mogami)
Post #: 4
RE: Can't recombine LCU - 2/20/2005 4:43:32 AM   
mogami

Hi, OH sorry I have not seen it with Chinese units.
Check their TOE and make sure one or more has not changed since splitting.

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to Feinder)
Post #: 5
RE: Can't recombine LCU - 2/20/2005 5:41:28 AM   
DesertedFox

You are correct Feinder.....there is a bug, but I don't know how wide spread it is. I have two Chinese corps split in two different locations. After finishing with their individual tasks I moved both sets of three sub units together to reform them into one unit. Unfortunately there is no recombine option for them. Oh yes, they are all the correct units, I have tripple checked this.

Please can this be looked at.

Deserted Fox.

(in reply to Feinder)
Post #: 6
RE: Can't recombine LCU - 2/20/2005 5:13:37 PM   
Rob322

quote:

ORIGINAL: Feinder

In my game vs. Dude, I've got 3 Chines Corps in Homan. We agreed to (attempt) to recombine to the larger units, if all sub-units are in the same hex (and stayig there). The reason being that, splitting a unit, reduces the distruption.

So I've got all of the sub units, for 3 Corps. I could only recombine 1 of them. The other two, have A/B/C units, but I am not given the option to recombine.

Know issue? Frag, want a save?

-F-

This happened to me. I invaded Kendari (as the Allies) with 3 divisions, each pre-split into A/B/C. Once the objective was taken, I could only re-combine one of the divisions. There were no discernible fragments of the remaining two divisions out there, they all had the same types of equipment, and were all assigned to the same HQ. It was inconvenient but I could still use the units (it is a bit more flexible).

Anyhow, even more oddly, after about three game-time weeks I went back and noticed that I could recombine one of the divisions. The other still will not recombine, even though again, all equipment is the same and so on. Perhaps I can recombine it in time as well.

Might be a bug, doesn't really bother me as I like the breakdown, sometimes sending a full division is overkill. Still, I wonder what's happening.

< Message edited by Rob322 -- 2/20/2005 3:15:22 PM >

(in reply to Feinder)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Can't recombine LCU Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI