Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unit scale and command

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Horse and Musket: Volume I, Frederick the Great >> Unit scale and command Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unit scale and command - 4/14/2005 11:18:44 PM   
NaKATPase

Looking at some screen shots (in particular, http://www.doubleshotdesign.com/Unit.jpg) I noticed that there is a section for "size" which in that particular shot is "battalion". Is this game being designed with a specific manuever unit size in mind, or is it meant to be scalable? ie. battalion size units for say Talavera, but brigade (prussian rgt.) size units for leipzig?

Also, what restrictions are placed on maneuver units regarding command and control, and are higher levels of command affected by these concerns as well?
example: battalons cannot move when outside of brigade commander's area, brigade cannot leave divisional command area etc.

NaKATPase:
Colocalized with coracle in septate junctions.

"I'd love to step out, but I'd have to see the girl first." -- GM
"A lot of frogs are like that when they're young and repulsive." -- TS
Post #: 1
RE: Unit scale and command - 4/15/2005 6:10:17 PM   
Tim Coakley

The scale is Battalion level but the note on the display is for the "hstorical" size of a unit. This allows some flexibility to have other units around and to distinguish between a cavalry REGIMENT, infantry BATTALION, and artillery BATTERY.

Units can move outside the leader's command range, but they become "out of command". This causes a combat reductionand reduces the number of Action Points the unit recieves.

Additionally, leaders can pass on AP bonuses (as an inspiration bonus) to all units if the chain is unbroken.

(in reply to NaKATPase)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Horse and Musket: Volume I, Frederick the Great >> Unit scale and command Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI