Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Leader Promotions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Leader Promotions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Leader Promotions - 7/7/2005 8:07:58 AM   
jchastain

Currently in the game, leaders can die and new leaders can be created. I've seen some die. I'll assume for now that new 1 star divisional commanders with random stats can be promoted, but I haven't seen it.

That's a start. Now let's talk about the full evolution of leaders.

After a major battle, each 1 and 2 star leader on the winning side should have a small chance of being given an extra star as a promotion so that they can command a larger formation.

Whenever a 2 or 3 star leader is killed, there should be a 25% chance of an immediate battlefield promotion whereby a leader of one rank lower is given an additional star to take over the command of the leader killed if such a leader is available within the same battle.

If we really want to model leaders well, let's give them a chance to learn something during battle. Give every leader a small chance that their stats will raise after each fight. And if you want earlier scenarios to have a greater chance of evolving more historically, then you could assign a hidden learning value to each commander that impacts their likelihood of receiving such stat bumps. In that way, a young Napoleon could rise in ability and rank (though he would never get his 4th star under my system as I wouldn't allow generals to be promoted to chief of state).
Post #: 1
RE: Leader Promotions - 7/7/2005 8:50:32 AM   
frodon

Great suggestion. Hope this can be included in the next patch.

And the leaders should definitely have a chance of improving their skills when they get more experience. Frank Hunters Civil War game did a good job at this...

(in reply to jchastain)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Leader Promotions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI