Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: When?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: When? Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: When? - 10/2/2006 7:18:30 AM   
FaneFlugt

Other:

quote:

New refrigerator purchased this month, which definitely improves the quality of life. My wife wants a whole new kitchen (est. - $25,000), but that won’t happen until MWIF product 1 is released. As one of my side interests, I have done the layout for the new kitchen with measurements and dimensions for everything. That was needed so we could be sure the new refrigerator would fit into the new floor plan.

Women

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 181
RE: When? - 10/6/2006 5:43:37 PM   
Cyote13_MatrixForum

Well I am back from Iraq, and the last time I heard the game was going to be out in 6 months was when I went to kosovo in 2001.  It has been a long wait, but it looks great form everything I have looked at.  Up until my last computer upgade (a post deployment gift from my wife) I still had the last version of CWIF from Chis on my hard drive. 
Good luck

(in reply to FaneFlugt)
Post #: 182
RE: When? - 10/6/2006 8:32:41 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cyote13
Well I am back from Iraq, and the last time I heard the game was going to be out in 6 months was when I went to kosovo in 2001.  It has been a long wait, but it looks great form everything I have looked at.  Up until my last computer upgade (a post deployment gift from my wife) I still had the last version of CWIF from Chis on my hard drive. 
Good luck

Welcome to the MWIF development forum, and thank you for your service.

Please comment on everything you see that looks good to you, things that look bad, and add any suggestions you have for the final product. I read everything seriously, and the quality of MWIF is heavily dependent on advice of forum members.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Cyote13_MatrixForum)
Post #: 183
RE: When? - 10/13/2006 4:35:38 PM   
Justascratch

I noticed that Matrix has this come in the database for the online store (search for WWII Games). So I guess that means it will be out in a day or two? (hee hee)

Post #: 184
RE: When? - 10/16/2006 6:53:11 PM   
jesperpehrson

Wow! Just Wow! I thought WiF was dead! Back in 97 me and my friends were all eagerly waiting for the game to come out. We played the demo from Chris and we waited. After a while (years) it became a standing joke about waiting for something good and lately it had started to fade from memory. And you rekindle it!!

Bless you Steve!

Now, how can I help?

(in reply to Justascratch)
Post #: 185
RE: When? - 10/16/2006 8:19:32 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: capitan

Wow! Just Wow! I thought WiF was dead! Back in 97 me and my friends were all eagerly waiting for the game to come out. We played the demo from Chris and we waited. After a while (years) it became a standing joke about waiting for something good and lately it had started to fade from memory. And you rekindle it!!

Bless you Steve!

Now, how can I help?

Well, I am looking for people to help create some write ups for different units. I already have a complete set for all of the air units (1200+) and HQs (57). Terje has done several hundred of the naval units and is working his way through the rest. However, he would be delighted if someone could give him a hand (none of the British naval units have descriptions yet). Or, there are all the other land units. Many of them are famous and 200 to 400 words on some of them would be nice to add. Right now there are large blanks spaces next to: all the German armor units, all the SS units, all the airborne units, all the marine units, all the infantry corps/armies from the USSR, China, ... and so on. For land units, only the HQs have text at the present.

This falls into the category of glitz as far as I am concerned and as such I am not doing the research or writeups on these. I am doing the formatting (paragraphs and the like) but that is fairly mindless stuff and it lets me read everything so that I am aware of what is being presented to the purchasers. These will be simple TXT files that the players can modify on their own. I am not concerned about having a complete set of writeups, since I believe the player community will probably want to enhance this aspect of the product. The design is intended to facilitate that. Nonetheless, I would like to have a few writeups done for some of the land units.

Steve

(in reply to jesperpehrson)
Post #: 186
RE: When? - 10/16/2006 9:53:47 PM   
jesperpehrson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

Bless you Steve!

Now, how can I help?

Well, I am looking for people to help create some write ups for different units. I already have a complete set for all of the air units (1200+) and HQs (57). Terje has done several hundred of the naval units and is working his way through the rest. However, he would be delighted if someone could give him a hand (none of the British naval units have descriptions yet). Or, there are all the other land units. Many of them are famous and 200 to 400 words on some of them would be nice to add. Right now there are large blanks spaces next to: all the German armor units, all the SS units, all the airborne units, all the marine units, all the infantry corps/armies from the USSR, China, ... and so on. For land units, only the HQs have text at the present.

This falls into the category of glitz as far as I am concerned and as such I am not doing the research or writeups on these. I am doing the formatting (paragraphs and the like) but that is fairly mindless stuff and it lets me read everything so that I am aware of what is being presented to the purchasers. These will be simple TXT files that the players can modify on their own. I am not concerned about having a complete set of writeups, since I believe the player community will probably want to enhance this aspect of the product. The design is intended to facilitate that. Nonetheless, I would like to have a few writeups done for some of the land units.

Just shoot me a list on what you units you need and I will be your humble servant. I prefer landunits over ships though but I am not difficult to convince :-)

Post #: 187
RE: When? - 10/16/2006 10:02:23 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

Will do.

Steve

Post #: 188
RE: When? - 10/17/2006 12:38:35 AM   
Greyshaft

quote:

Just shoot me a list on what you units you need and I will be your humble servant. I prefer landunits over ships though but I am not difficult to convince :-)

Hi Capitan,
When I wrote up the air units and HQs I developed a few simple guidelines to ensure consistency between the unit descriptions. This will be important if we get two or more people sharing the work. When you're ready to begin can we have a chat about the best way to approach the task?

Thanks for volunteering to do this work.

/Greyshaft

Post #: 189
RE: When? - 10/20/2006 3:03:29 AM   
hazpak

Hi All, very long time lurker here (try since this progect began) i've finally surfaced to ask if i can be of any help with any unit descriptions? I played WiF only a few times back in 3rd edition and was lucky enough to stumble on this project when i went looking into updating my copy to the final edition (something i never got around to doing )

Hazpak

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 190
RE: When? - 10/20/2006 4:09:18 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: hazpak

Hi All, very long time lurker here (try since this progect began) i've finally surfaced to ask if i can be of any help with any unit descriptions? I played WiF only a few times back in 3rd edition and was lucky enough to stumble on this project when i went looking into updating my copy to the final edition (something i never got around to doing )

Hazpak

Yes.

The air and HQ units have been done. So have many of the naval units and we have (I think) 3 people working on the rest of them.

However, Capitan (Jesper Pehrson) has just started working (solo) on the non-HQ land units and there are hundreds of them to do. Greyshaft is coordinating things at the moment, so send both Capitan and Greyshaft a personal message (PM) and they will get you started.

Thank you for volunteering.

Steve

(in reply to hazpak)
Post #: 191
RE: When? - 10/21/2006 7:30:32 PM   
FreddaH

Wow, couldn't believe it when I was told about this. I used to play this game with capitan and we were eagerly awaiting the computer game release that was promised to come out in the late 90's. This version seems like it's going to be everything the table-top game was and more.  I'd like to help out in any way I could as well. Anything I can do, just send me a mail. /Fredrik

The greatest mistake man ever made was to believe in his own divinity

Post #: 192
RE: When? - 10/22/2006 5:04:06 PM   
bredsjomagnus

Hi! Im new in this forum but have looked around a bit. Im really looking forward to this game. I have the boardgame but havn´t played it as much as I want (don´t like to play solo). It´s a great game and I would really like to help if there is anything I can do.

(in reply to FreddaH)
Post #: 193
RE: When? - 10/22/2006 5:30:09 PM   
Neilster

quote:

ORIGINAL: bredsjomagnus

Hi! Im new in this forum but have looked around a bit. Im really looking forward to this game. I have the boardgame but havn´t played it as much as I want (don´t like to play solo). It´s a great game and I would really like to help if there is anything I can do.

How about the AI?

Cheers, Neilster

(in reply to bredsjomagnus)
Post #: 194
RE: When? - 10/22/2006 5:56:58 PM   
macgregor

If Steve says 1Q/07 I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I'll admit I'm upset that the AI has to trump a playable internet game. This doesn't make sense to me...with all the WiF players out there. But that's the way it is. Still there's no one I know with a better, more methodic way to play the game. He's never been beaten. Perhaps once, though it was his teammates follies that I feel dragged their side down. I know this: If he does make an AI play remotely like he does, watch out.

The game looks breathtakingly good. The work shows.

< Message edited by macgregor -- 10/22/2006 6:36:19 PM >

(in reply to Neilster)
Post #: 195
RE: When? - 10/22/2006 10:30:54 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: macgregor
If Steve says 1Q/07 I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I'll admit I'm upset that the AI has to trump a playable internet game. This doesn't make sense to me...with all the WiF players out there. But that's the way it is. Still there's no one I know with a better, more methodic way to play the game. He's never been beaten. Perhaps once, though it was his teammates follies that I feel dragged their side down. I know this: If he does make an AI play remotely like he does, watch out.

The game looks breathtakingly good. The work shows.

For those of you who don't know this, my involvement in MWIF is all Greg's fault. He asked me to look into it in June 2005, and a few weeks later I was project manager. So you can credit/blame him, depending on how you feel about the project at the moment. Oh, and the humorous part of this is that Greg wanted me to push to get the game published ASAP. I regret that I have not been able to achieve that goal for him.

Without looking at the code in detail, as of July 2005, I thought this would take 10-12 months. I've looked at the code more closely since then. For example, I just spent over 3 months: (1) bringing the code base up to 2006 compatibility (from 2003), (2) restructuring the player interface modules to support the use of Theme Engine, and (3) revising virtually every component of all 100+ forms to the new player interface theme.

The AI is going to take time but it is only 20% of what I calculate still needs to be done. More revisions to the player interface will take the same amount of time. I'll give a longer report on this at month's end.

Steve

(in reply to macgregor)
Post #: 196
RE: When? - 10/22/2006 10:51:55 PM   
wworld7

Steve,

1) I wish for you to complete this project by next week.

2) Wishes aside, I look forward to a solid game upon release.

3) Motto: "We will serve no MWIF before its time"

Summary: Do it right and I believe the the wait will be worth it.

Flipper

Post #: 197
RE: When? - 10/22/2006 11:02:53 PM   
Greyshaft

quote:

Hi! Im new in this forum but have looked around a bit. Im really looking forward to this game. I have the boardgame but havn´t played it as much as I want (don´t like to play solo). It´s a great game and I would really like to help if there is anything I can do.

Welcome to the Forum

Help is always welcome. Over the last fortnight we've absorbed five new players into the beta-test team and an additional three into writing unit descriptions. That's put a bit of a strain on our welcome wagon as we try to determine everyones strengths and weaknesses and get them bedded down to meaningful work. However there is still plenty to do and there's always space for more hands at the pump. Did you have any specialty you want to use in the team? Knowledge of History? Programming skills? Desire to do proofreading?

/Greyshaft

(in reply to bredsjomagnus)
Post #: 198
RE: When? - 10/23/2006 12:29:46 AM   
Froonp

quote:

For those of you who don't know this, my involvement in MWIF is all Greg's fault. He asked me to look into it in June 2005, and a few weeks later I was project manager. So you can credit/blame him, depending on how you feel about the project at the moment.

Thank you Greg , thank you for bringing Steve to CWiF, that became MWiF.

Steve, were you knowing Greg from before ?

Post #: 199
RE: When? - 10/23/2006 1:28:07 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Froonp

quote:

For those of you who don't know this, my involvement in MWIF is all Greg's fault. He asked me to look into it in June 2005, and a few weeks later I was project manager. So you can credit/blame him, depending on how you feel about the project at the moment.

Thank you Greg , thank you for bringing Steve to CWiF, that became MWiF.

Steve, were you knowing Greg from before ?

Greg was "A worthy opponent" when I was playing WIF weekly back in Philadelphia.

Steve

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 200
RE: When? - 10/23/2006 6:10:34 AM   
macgregor

Steve taught me most of what I know. He explains the game well. I suppose I don't play exactly like Steve. But I would if I could. You're welcome Froonp. I told Steve about Matrix taking over CWiF, and that there was a forum. He did the rest. I'm glad I was able to help.

Post #: 201
RE: When? - 10/24/2006 6:25:22 AM   
Klingon

JEDI: Japanese-English Dictionary Interface, I'll presume. Can translate to and from Kanji.

(I discovered this when doing some work for Classic battletech; the faction I was in was heavily influenced by the Japanese culture, so I needed a kanji character or two; this fit the bill nicely)

Japanese - English Dictionary Server

(in reply to Froonp)
Post #: 202
RE: When? - 10/24/2006 8:49:57 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Klingon

JEDI: Japanese-English Dictionary Interface, I'll presume. Can translate to and from Kanji.

(I discovered this when doing some work for Classic battletech; the faction I was in was heavily influenced by the Japanese culture, so I needed a kanji character or two; this fit the bill nicely)

Japanese - English Dictionary Server

I am not sure what JEDI stands for. It is a freeware library of components for the Borland Delphi programming environment that has been around for a long time (10+ years?).

Steve

(in reply to Klingon)
Post #: 203
RE: When? - 10/24/2006 1:25:13 PM   
Arron69

Hello Steve.

I will start by saying that your progress on the game is great stuff. The counters are wonderfull. Cant wait to play with them.
So in an effort to get the game done, I offer my help with the British ships. I have a good knowledge of most of them and the rest i can find.

After 10 years of waiting i will give my right, ehhh no my left arm for a copy. Also if you need playtesters i can help.

You are now one of my heroes.

Hope to hear from you
A crazy dane

The winner of a battle may not be the one who wins the War.

Post #: 204
RE: When? - 10/24/2006 8:21:02 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Graf Zeppelin
Hello Steve.

I will start by saying that your progress on the game is great stuff. The counters are wonderfull. Cant wait to play with them.
So in an effort to get the game done, I offer my help with the British ships. I have a good knowledge of most of them and the rest i can find.

After 10 years of waiting i will give my right, ehhh no my left arm for a copy. Also if you need playtesters i can help.

You are now one of my heroes.

Hope to hear from you
A crazy dane

Darn, I could use another right hand. A second left hand would be of no use, since that is the one that makes all the mistaeks.

Thank you for volunteering. To get started, send Terje439 a personal message (PM), repeating your offer. Terje knows who is doing what on the naval units. As I understand it, there may be someone already working on the CW naval units. But there are a lot of CW naval units so your help will almost certainly be appreciated.

I am sure that Greyshaft will read this and add your name to the list of beta-tester-want-a-be's (its a long list).

Steve

(in reply to Arron69)
Post #: 205
RE: When? - 10/29/2006 8:32:19 PM   
bredsjomagnus

quote:

quote:

Hi! Im new in this forum but have looked around a bit. Im really looking forward to this game. I have the boardgame but havn´t played it as much as I want (don´t like to play solo). It´s a great game and I would really like to help if there is anything I can do.

Welcome to the Forum

Help is always welcome. Over the last fortnight we've absorbed five new players into the beta-test team and an additional three into writing unit descriptions. That's put a bit of a strain on our welcome wagon as we try to determine everyones strengths and weaknesses and get them bedded down to meaningful work. However there is still plenty to do and there's always space for more hands at the pump. Did you have any specialty you want to use in the team? Knowledge of History? Programming skills? Desire to do proofreading?

/Greyshaft

Thanks!

I´m afraid that the best "skill" I can think of is my big interest in WWII and in WIF.

Hope that I can be of any help anyway

/Bredsjomagnus (a crazy sweed)

Post #: 206
RE: When? - 10/29/2006 9:17:03 PM   
Greyshaft

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

I am sure that Greyshaft will read this and add your name to the list of beta-tester-want-a-be's (its a long list).

The beta-tester wannabe list is indeed extremely long and now covers two and a half walls of my study. Given the impressive resumes of many of the applicants I'm thinking that we'll be moving to a different system soon. Possibly something like this...

1. Give (say) one weeks notice in the Forum that the lists are opening (what? you don't read the Forum at least once per week? well ok, but that's your decision. )
2. Divide the applicants into two groups - a first group with game specific skills (Delphi programmers and those with a PhD in the history of WWII), and a second group of enthusiastic readers with no specific skills - kinda like me.
3. Take an equal number from both groups.
4. Announce the new testers.
5. Retreat back into protective custody to avoid the slings and arrows of those who missed out.

... or alternatively I might sort the list by the size of bribe offered and take the top three... cutting in Karlis and Eric for their customary 10% and Steve for half the remainder which leaves me with ... uh... take away the first from the second and carry the one... enough for a cup of coffee.

/Greyshaft

Post #: 207
RE: When? - 10/30/2006 8:19:54 PM   
Zorachus99

Some of us have spent over $1000 on the retail game and are quite eager

Most men can survive adversity, the true test of a man's character is power. -Abraham Lincoln

(in reply to Greyshaft)
Post #: 208
RE: When? - 10/31/2006 7:42:56 PM   
Zorachus99

Looking forward to our after-halloween update

Most men can survive adversity, the true test of a man's character is power. -Abraham Lincoln

(in reply to Zorachus99)
Post #: 209
RE: When? - 11/1/2006 7:17:57 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

November 1, 2006 Status Report for Matrix Games’ MWIF Forum

Accomplishments of October

Project Management I have a revised project plan but I need to discuss it with David Heath before I post summary information from it for all the read. I should be able to present that here within the next couple of days.

Communications
Rob Armstrong provided new coastal and river/lake bitmaps for Africa and revised ones for Scandinavia.

I monitored all the threads in the MWIF World in Flames forum daily.

A half a dozen members of the forum have newly volunteered to help write up unit descriptions. Jesper Pehrson has taken on the task of orchestrating the writeups on land units.

Terje continues to work on the naval units and has accepted my offer for him to organize the naval units writeups. Graham Dodge has agreed to do the same for the air units.

Patrice has wrapped up all the preparatory work on the maps. Patrice is also assisting Peter Kanjowski with a project on the Yahoo WIF Discussion group to clarify all outstanding rules questions. To that end, they will have Harry Rowland act as the judge of last resort - which Harry has agreed to do.

I sent Chris Marinacci and Harry Rowland some samples of the tutorials and they were enthusiastic about them.

Graham Dodge contacted the current list of beta testers and determined that we had 5 openings to fill in order to bring our head count back up to 20. Withstanding enormous pressure placed on him in having to choose just 5 individuals from a long list of people wanting to participate, Graham selected the new beta testers. So far 3 of them have completed the process of signing a NDA agreement, setting up accounts, et al, and have successfully downloaded version 2.00.

Dan Hatchen (I hope) is waiting on me to install what he has already done on NetPlay.

No activity with the AI Opponent team, mostly because they are waiting on me for more specifics.

Beta Testing
I decided to upload 3.00 even though it contains dozens of bugs that I have already identified. This accomplishes 3 goals: (1) it lets the beta testers look for yet more problems, (2) it will let Patrice examine the maps in detail as the new bitmaps arrive from Rob, and (3) it will let the text writeup coordinators (Graham, Terje, and Jesper) post screen shots to the forum on unit writeups (rather than me taking the time).

I expect to spend half of November just correcting bugs in 3.00 through 3.0x.

Units
Terje and Eric Osborne have sent me samples of their writeups on the naval units, but I believe there are several other people working on them as well. Jesper Pehrson, Gary Bezant, Wosung, and Hazpak have sent me writeups on land units, and again I believe there are several other people also working on them.

I completed formatting all the writeups I had received earlier, which was 1200+ air units and several hundred naval units. By informing the authors of the rather simple mechanics required to format writeups, and having them do that task, I won’t do that any more. In addition, by delegating responsibility for coordination to Graham, Terje, and Jesper, I should have minimal involvement in the whole process. Which is as it should be since it does not involve programming skills.

I tidied up some loose ends with how the units are displayed on the screen. In particular I moved the shadow to the bottom right and fixed transparency problems with unit pictures on forms. All that remains are: (1) implementing low resolution and (2) cleaning up some dirty edges (non-transparency that should be transparent) when units are moved around on the map.

Map
I processed Africa and Scandinavia coastal and river/lake bitmaps from Rob and integrated them into the program. After a couple of passes on these, we have just a few touch ups left to do. I expect to leave those undone for now, to see if the beta testers find any more, before asking Rob for a final set of bitmaps for those map segments.

Rob is now working on the USSR east of the Urals, from Siberia down to the Indian Ocean. As mentioned above, Patrice completed a review of the world map and has uploaded draft coastlines and river/lake JPEG files for Rob to work from. There are dozens of those files so Rob should be busy on them for some time to come.

CWIF Conversion
I’ve installed the new player interface, with the usually caveats about loose ends that need to be cleaned up. Tracking down and correcting the bugs created by the conversion from the old style interface to the new really delayed the release of version 3.00 to the beta testers.

Game Interface
I decided on all the game interface component conversions and implemented at least several examples of each. Actually, I have converted all the individual components except ten or so.

I extended the language for formatting text descriptions to 6 symbols. The most commonly used ones are .P for paragraph, .B for bullet, and .T for tab. These have been heavily used (over 1500 writeups) and the code is sound.

Internet - NetPlay
No changes here. This is the only area where I will be putting in new code in November.

MWIF Game Engine
I would like to get to this in November but that depends on what progress I can make on the debugging 3.00 and NetPlay.

Saved Games
I fixed a couple of small bugs in Game Save & Restore. Though it appears to work at this point, it needs much more testing before I’ll be confident about that. The massive rewrite of code for the player interface had numerous repercussions I had not anticipated, some of which were in the save and restore routines.

Player’s Manual
The Optional Rules writeups are finished and they look good as far as I have examined them. Further review is a task for the beta testers.

Scenario Information
I had the beta testers proofread the Barbarossa scenario data as it appears to the program for processing. They gave it the ok. I would really like to have 7 more of the scenario data code proof read too, even though I, myself, have gone over those 8 repeatedly. If they are not right, it will be difficult for players to detect because of the randomness of drawing units and the sheer volume of units referenced when setting up a scenario.

If I can get 8 of the scenarios to run correctly, then the last 3 should be vastly simpler to do. Each scenario has a little something weird about it that makes it unique; and I am not referring to the start date. No, there’s special code, unique for each scenario, that has to be written and tested to make sure it works.

Help System, Tutorials, and AI Assistant
I created the content for the first 6 Introductory Tutorials which was about 60 pages with a couple of hundred screen shots total. I got pretty efficient at doing them but they still take time. After posting them to the forum, I received numerous comments from forum members which enabled me to correct mistakes and improve the clarity of the content.

I expect to do the remaining 4 Introductory tutorials towards the end of November if time permits. The reason I am giving these a rather high priority is that I want the Introductory Tutorials done and out of the way prior to starting on designing the much more difficult Interactive tutorials.

The Interactive tutorials will have to permit the players to mess around with units and the map, plus a host of different forms (e.g., for combat, production, and US Entry). Presently the player interface is hard coded to proceed through the sequence of play. Therefore, a redesign of the game engine is necessary to enable the Interactive tutorials to perform as intended. This leads to me wanting to have a very good understanding of what the Interactive tutorials will do prior to implementing the game engine redesign. In project terms, specification of player interface requirements for the Interactive tutorials is a prerequisite for redesigning the game engine.

Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Nothing new here.

Other
An earthquake in Hawaii cost me a day. It’s very hard to work on the computer without electricity. I have a UPS and it cut in smoothly, as it has done before. But the UPS is only for shutting down the machine without loss of data; it does not support continuing use of the computer. Being forced to work solely with pen and paper for 12 hours was annoying to the point of being upsetting. I also lost a couple of days doing work for the chorus: I generated the 3500 labels for the mailing after updating the customer database (which I maintain) and I revised the script for the Xmas show (Sleigh Daze).
====================================================================
October summary: Good progress on the bitmap graphics for the map, the tutorials, and unit writeups. Too little on fixing bugs and none at all (still) on NetPlay (sigh).
====================================================================

Tasks for November

Communications
Continue monitoring the forum threads.

Beta Testing
Fix more bugs, so that version 3.00 can play through the entire Barbarossa scenario cleanly. [est. 80 hours]

Map and Units
Continue adding coastal and river/lake bitmaps as I receive them from Rob. [est. 30 hours]

CWIF Conversion
Thoroughly test the new random number generator (I really mean it this time!). [est. 1 hour]

Game Interface
Get the bidding capability to function cleanly and modify other aspects of the Player Interface to support NetPlay. [est. 20 hours]

Redesign of MWIF Game Engine
Continue refining the superstructure of the MWIF game engine (if time permits). [est. 0 hours]

Software Development Tools
Finish replacing all the old components with new ones from JEDI (as part of the debugging process for 3.00). [est. 10 hours]

NetPlay
Incorporate the Indy10 code for the new design for the multiplayer system into MWIF. [est. 100 hours]

AI Opponent
Nothing planned for November.

Player’s Manual

Historical Detail, Animations, and Sound

Help System, Tutorials, and AI Assistant
Finish the Introductory Tutorials. [est. 30 hours]

Other
Perform in the Xmas show - as one of the anonymous basses in the back row. We sing pretty much the same music every year so it is just a question of dusting off the brain cells.
================================================================
November summary: Debug version 3.00. Continue mass production of the coastal and river/lake bitmaps. Implement NetPlay.
================================================================

(in reply to Zorachus99)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: When? Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI