Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Disappointed With Diplomacy Information You Receive From Your Games!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Legion Gold, Gates of Troy, Spartan & Chariots of War >> Disappointed With Diplomacy Information You Receive From Your Games! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Disappointed With Diplomacy Information You Receive Fro... - 9/15/2005 9:28:32 AM   
SkyElf

Disappointed With Diplomacy Information You Receive From Your Games!

I'm disappointed that your Diplomats do not give you any information on who has Diplomats in counties or Embassy were you have a Diplomat stationed in there country, if they are at war with anyone and who it is, and know who has Equal Citizenship with other countries. In general your Diplomat would know this information and keep you informed of this information even if there is travel time delay but I remembered seeing a map on how fast information travelled threw various means like gossip, etc. That is in three of your games I own now that all fall short in this area, Legion, Gates of Troy and Spartan! Didn't your player tester every thing to ask for more Diplomatic Information?

A True Gamer to the Core!
Post #: 1
RE: Disappointed With Diplomacy Information You Receive... - 9/15/2005 3:02:47 PM   
IainMcNeil

The more experienced your diplomat the more he will tell you. There is no concept of war & peace so there is nothing to report there. It reports best friend & worst enemy though.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to SkyElf)
Post #: 2
RE: Disappointed With Diplomacy Information You Receive... - 9/16/2005 12:32:52 AM   
anarchyintheuk

Knowing the identify of diplomats in another country isn't what I'd call particularly useful information. You can scan the map to see who is actively at war with each other.

I don't know enough of the history of the diplomacy of the era to comment, but having an option for a hard truce/peace of x number of terms would be interesting if not very useful. Countries w/ which you have good relations rarely attack you and a diplomat in a country that is angry at you wouldn't last long enough to effect a truce/peace option.

Off topic, but this and legion are the only games I've ever owned that have never crashed on me.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Legion Gold, Gates of Troy, Spartan & Chariots of War >> Disappointed With Diplomacy Information You Receive From Your Games! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI