Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: The Mighty Spanish A.I.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> RE: The Mighty Spanish A.I. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Mighty Spanish A.I. - 10/26/2005 9:56:54 AM   
Norden_slith

Sounds good (and a lot like empires in Arms btw).

What about the size of the besieging army compared to the garrisons size? Should there be a minimum size for besiegers? If your force is too small, it raids the area or whatever, but no siege occurs. This would force proper armies to lay siege in an area, where supply is halved (new rule for foraging), which will be a problem without a supplyline.

Norden
---------------------------------------------------------------
Hexagonally challenged

(in reply to Ralegh)
Post #: 31
RE: The Mighty Spanish A.I. - 10/26/2005 10:30:37 AM   
Naomi

I have never thought out how big, or small, a besieging force, I should muster for such a task, although the manuel has instructions as to the number thing. I like to send as many divisions - cavalry excluded - as possible so the target city can be breached in the shortest time. Will it be better for leaders to be able to influence siege effectiveness?

(in reply to Norden_slith)
Post #: 32
RE: The Mighty Spanish A.I. - 10/26/2005 7:12:07 PM   
Russian Guard

I believe you need a minimum of 50,000 to siege. That's too high, IMO. Perhaps a required 2-1 ratio of besiegers/besieged make sense. That way you'd need 50,000 (or even more) against a huge garrison, but could siege with smaller forces against those pesky 1 division garrisons.

But it's a small thing; it certainly doesn't affect the game negatively in any serious way, having to siege with large forces, In my experience anyway.

The length of time sieges take, even if the garrison is just one division, is a bigger issue for me. It's one thing if a long siege occurs at historically known heavily fortified fortress-cities, but Moscow? But again, the game works fine as is, in that regard.

(in reply to Naomi)
Post #: 33
RE: The Mighty Spanish A.I. - 10/27/2005 7:24:21 AM   
Azog

Russian Guard, regarding 2-1 ratio, I am not this opinion. Take for example the program google earth and take a look at Toledo, Spain, and imagine surrounding it. If you dont have enough troops, it would mean that you could not stop a sudden escape of a group of soldiers of the sieged city that look for suplies or that just want to punish you a bit. The besieging troops of the one part of Toledo would take half a day to help the other part if beeing attacked. They would play cat and mouse with you all the time, attacking, retreating in the city again and attackin the other part. I think a 3-1 ratio is OK.

(in reply to Russian Guard)
Post #: 34
RE: The Mighty Spanish A.I. - 10/27/2005 11:11:51 AM   
Naomi

So, if I had a small size of troops, I would have to warn them against entering or passing provinces with big garrisions in order not to be harassed by these escaping mice. The prevailing mechanism is such that any force being in a non-friendly province is automatically attracted to the siege of the sole city there.

(in reply to Azog)
Post #: 35
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> RE: The Mighty Spanish A.I. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI