Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Photopack Folders?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Photopack Folders? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Photopack Folders? - 10/25/2005 1:58:38 AM   
BryanK

How exactly do the folders work? Should the players' photo go in the decade wherein he started playing or all decades where they played?

Moreover, if someone were to go in an mod the database to account for duped names, and release said database in conjunction with a compiled and comprehensive facepack, would that alleviate the need to have decade folders? Couldn't there then be just one folder for real players and another for fictional ones?
Post #: 1
RE: Photopack Folders? - 10/25/2005 5:02:32 AM   
redeck

id like to know more about how the face pics work as well. Ive started resizing Tigerfans ootp deadball era pics and am about 1/4 way through 1900s

do the pics need to be 65-90 to get auto assisned, as ive noticed alot of my pics that wont auto are the 90x150. but they manually assign just fine.

thanks,
Dave

(in reply to BryanK)
Post #: 2
RE: Photopack Folders? - 10/25/2005 5:12:53 AM   
BryanK

Photos need to be .jpg to be assigned, and you should probably restart puresim if you put them in the folders while the game is running. If memory serves, some of tigerfan's packs are in .bmp, so that might be an issue. Puresim will auto resize the pics to 65x90, at least in the player card. But they look kinda distorted.

< Message edited by BryanK -- 10/25/2005 5:17:25 AM >

(in reply to BryanK)
Post #: 3
RE: Photopack Folders? - 10/25/2005 5:15:52 AM   
redeck

well that will make my life easier LOL thanks BryanK!

thanks,
Dave

(in reply to BryanK)
Post #: 4
RE: Photopack Folders? - 10/25/2005 5:45:57 AM   
redeck

i guess im looking for anouther reason tigefans pics didnt auto asign, i just checked my 1900s folder and there are only jpg. files in it, yet a number didnt assign.

any other ideas?

thanks,
Dave

(in reply to redeck)
Post #: 5
RE: Photopack Folders? - 10/25/2005 1:35:36 PM   
puresimmer

They auto assign based on lookign for firstname_lastname.jpg as the file name. Also it depends on the year your association is currently in, that is the key used to determine which folder to look for to find real player faces. For example if it is 1956 and you have a player named Mickey Mantle, PureSim looks in the "C:\Matrix Games\PureSim Baseball 2005 Gold Edition\mods\faces\1950s" folder for a file named "Mickey_Mantle.jpg"

Also, if you cross into a new decade then PureSim will look to see if there are updated photos for players, so you could actually have a player's photo change over time.

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to redeck)
Post #: 6
RE: Photopack Folders? - 10/26/2005 2:46:30 AM   
BryanK

a player comes into the league in 1968 and gets a photo from the 1960s folder. If there is no photo for him in the 1970s folder, what happens when the decade changes?

(in reply to BryanK)
Post #: 7
RE: Photopack Folders? - 10/26/2005 3:31:44 AM   
redeck

im confounded about the way the program is supposed to assign pics. i ahve many many pics that are named correctly and JPG that simply do not assign.

and i would swear that some of the pics i manually assign work for awhile then i guess unassign themselves. at first i thought it was my imagination LOL

any thoughts on this Suan?
anybody?

thanks,
Dave

(in reply to BryanK)
Post #: 8
RE: Photopack Folders? - 10/26/2005 2:28:57 PM   
puresimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: BryanK

a player comes into the league in 1968 and gets a photo from the 1960s folder. If there is no photo for him in the 1970s folder, what happens when the decade changes?

He keeps his existing photo.

Developer, PureSim Baseball

(in reply to BryanK)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> Photopack Folders? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI