Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Q on the sync bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Q on the sync bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Q on the sync bug - 3/2/2007 3:21:39 PM   
castor troy

As I´ve been hit by this ugly bug on and on in my game vs John 3rd I really wonder why this can happen. Why is the replay of the Allied not just a copy of what the Japanese are seing (when the Japanese are watching the real combat replay)? Is it that hard to make the Allied see a copy of what really happened?????

It´s very annoying. Two turns are okay, the next is borked again. Three turns out of sync, then four okay again... VERY ANNOYING

What´s "very funny" is that I had Banshees attacking BB Nagato in my replay.... though BB Nagato sank one turn ago.... just a side note....

< Message edited by castor troy -- 3/2/2007 3:39:55 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Q on the sync bug - 3/2/2007 3:34:44 PM   
treespider

Just be patient and let the animation play to completion. IE - don't hit the ESC key or close the animation ...in particularly the Japanese player.

For the life of me I can't figure out why people cannot wait for a combat animation to play to completion. ...whats more annoying an out of synce turn or waiting for an animation to play through?

< Message edited by treespider -- 3/2/2007 3:50:44 PM >

Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 2
RE: Q on the sync bug - 3/2/2007 3:37:34 PM   
Terminus

I've gotten used to clicking "Done" manually, after Bruce Powers and I went out of synch. Haven't had one problem since...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 3
RE: Q on the sync bug - 3/2/2007 9:10:45 PM   
dpstafford

quote:

ORIGINAL: treespider

Just be patient and let the animation play to completion. IE - don't hit the ESC key or close the animation ...in particularly the Japanese player.

For the life of me I can't figure out why people cannot wait for a combat animation to play to completion. ...whats more annoying an out of synce turn or waiting for an animation to play through?

I abort the animations almost every time on every turn. And don't have a problem with the sync bug. I can't figure out how anyone could have the patience to do otherwise.

My own theory: the animations have nothing to do with the sync problem. And for a game to be having as many out-of-sync turns as Castor Troy claims indicates that one of the two players is not properly patched, or one of them has not fully installed the MOD.

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 4
RE: Q on the sync bug - 3/2/2007 9:12:37 PM   
dpstafford

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy
Why is the replay of the Allied not just a copy of what the Japanese are seing (when the Japanese are watching the real combat replay)?

Because the "replay" is not really a replay at all.

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Q on the sync bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI