Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hang the Traitors

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> For Liberty! & 1848 >> After Action Reports >> Hang the Traitors Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hang the Traitors - 6/23/2008 4:08:11 AM   
Ike99

This is a PBEM game between me and Mark Breed.

First month action around Boston...

Mark gave up the Siege of Boston on week two and retreated down to Providence with Washington. As he broke his siege and retreated a small loyal militia force left Boston and went north to take down the American flag and replace it with a British one at Portsmouth.

The professional British Army went south to pursue Washington under Gage sweeping through Plymouth and taking down that towns treasonist flag and replacing it with a British one.

The British fleet shelled Providence a few times making the citizens there happy and winning hearts and minds among the local population to support the King.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Hang the Traitors - 6/23/2008 4:14:00 AM   
Ike99

First month in the Mohawk River Valley...

It did not take too long after passing out papers advertising ¨Gold for the scalps of Traitors¨ for 2,000 Indians to go on the warpath in the Valley and set for Albany.

On week 4 the Indians attacked the town but lost a minor battle to Marks hastily assembled militia.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ike99)
Post #: 2
RE: Hang the Traitors - 6/23/2008 4:17:10 AM   
Ike99

The big picture of month one...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ike99)
Post #: 3
RE: Hang the Traitors - 6/29/2008 12:09:02 AM   
Mark Breed

June 1775: Rebel Perspective

Realizing that my forces were not sufficiently trained to maintain the siege of Boston, I chose instead to withdraw to Providence and see what the British would do.

In addition, I raise several detachments and brigades to defend the cities and towns from raids and to train regular continentals in relative safety throughout the Colonies.

Immediately, Albany was threatened by indian raiders. I reinforced the town and fought them off.

The rest of the Colonies were peaceful and training continued throughout the month.

Regards,
Mark

(in reply to Ike99)
Post #: 4
RE: Hang the Traitors - 7/1/2008 2:03:53 AM   
Ike99

1775-7-1

British expand their control in the northeast beating Washington´s Armys once in battel at Norwich forcing him to retreat. Indians run around in the Mohawk Valley.

Down south American Calvary burn down the Cherokee indian village.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Ike99 -- 7/1/2008 2:04:54 AM >

(in reply to Mark Breed)
Post #: 5
RE: Hang the Traitors - 7/4/2008 7:51:48 PM   
Mark Breed

1 - 08 - 75
Washington, upon observing the advance of over 10k British troops, decides to withdraw from the Norwich area to behind the Connecticut River.

Down south, after hearing that the British were inciting the indians to rise up and stopping an indian raid on Savannah, decide that it is in their best interest to mount raids to discourage such action. The 8th Dragoons under the command of Lee attacks a Cherokee village in Georgia.

< Message edited by Mark Breed -- 9/1/2008 2:06:46 AM >

(in reply to Ike99)
Post #: 6
RE: Hang the Traitors - 8/11/2008 12:55:17 AM   
Mark Breed

2d, 3d, and 4th weeks of August 1775:

Washington continues to withdraw in the face of superior British forces. Washington with the main Rebel army holds up at New Haven. The British unexpectly do not pursue past Norwich. At the end of the month, the British forces under Gen. Grey are no longer to be seen. Believing that the British must have embarked for points unknow by ship, Gen. Washington orders Gen. Putnam with approximately 3k troops to recon in force. Imagine Gen. Putnam's surprise when he arrives at Norwich and finds what appears to be the entire British army!

Gen. Gates with orders to fortify New York City inexplicably pillages the city while doing so!

Some heavy cannon from Ticonderoga arrives at Albany. In the meantime, Gen. Arnold gathers Rangers from all over the area in Albany. And, Gen. Charles Lee with approximately 3k troops, having split off from the main army, arrives in Albany.

(in reply to Mark Breed)
Post #: 7
RE: Hang the Traitors - 8/11/2008 1:23:17 AM   
Mark Breed

The month of September 1775:

Gen. Putnam gets spanked! Gen. Grey's British forces in Norwich route Gen. Putnam's army from in front of New Haven. Gen. Putnam receives orders from Gen. Washington to withdraw to New York City and reorganize.
Realizing that the Rebel army needs better eyes, the 2d Dragoons are raised in New Haven. Gen. Washington orders it to remain in the area and report on British movements. He moves the Rebel army to New York City and detachs Gen. Sullivan with approximately 2k troops and orders to move up to Springfield and, then, to move behind the British with the intent on launching a surprise move on Boston!

The 2d Dragoons observes the British forces moving on New Haven and has a losing skirmish with the British cavalry. Unexpectedly the British forces turn north and march on Hartford.

In the meantime, Generals Arnold and Charles Lee intiate the campaign against the indians in the Great Lakes area driving over 1k braves back from the Albany area.

Brigadier General Davidson with 300 militia, after arriving at Fort Pitt, launches a campaign against the indian tribes in the center region. He captures the Delaware indian village.

In the south, the 8th Dragoons captures the Siminole indian village and battles indians in the area during the entire month.

So far, the colonies have been successful at keeping the indian tribes off-balance and on the defensive, thus keeping the towns and cities free from the indian threat posed by the British offer of ¨Gold for the scalps of Traitors¨.

< Message edited by Mark Breed -- 9/1/2008 2:05:58 AM >

(in reply to Mark Breed)
Post #: 8
RE: Hang the Traitors - 9/1/2008 10:36:06 PM   
Mark Breed

The month of October 1775.

Putnam with a brigade of troops sets sail from New York City during the second week of the month on a special mission. In the meantime, Sullivan with a division of troops had marched out of Springfield overland for Boston as British troops approached the town from the south. And, Lamb's militia that was garrisoning Springfield moved overland for Providence, R.I. A final thrust into the Massachussets/Rhode Island area comes from the north with Smith and his Militia out of Portland advancing on Portsmouth.

On the third week of October, Sullivan attacks and captures Boston inflicting 157 casualties to his own 62. Meanwhile, Lamb's militia troops take Providence. And, on the fourth week, Putnam lands and captures Newport, R.I.

The only downside to the month's operations in the north was that Smith's militia was unable to take Portsmouth having been fought to a draw by Skinner's Tories; and, Lamb's militia had to abandon Providence when faced with encirclement.

The 8th Dragoons, under Lee, continues to engage the indians in and around the Creek indian village. It changes hands a couple of times with the Rebels finally pillaging the village chasing the indians away. By the end of the month, the 8th was exhausted and ended its campaign heading home.

Charles Lee, along with Benedict Arnold, continue to engage the indians in New York; capturing and pillaging the Mohawk village. Arnold's forces drive on to the Onondaga village and capture it.

Davidson's militia troops advances on and captures the Shawnee village.

No colonial settlements have been successfully raided. The non-friendly indian tribes are definitely being shown the error of their ways.

Overall, it was the best month of the colonials fight for independence to date.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Mark Breed -- 9/5/2008 6:07:42 AM >

(in reply to Mark Breed)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> For Liberty! & 1848 >> After Action Reports >> Hang the Traitors Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI