Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Air units in winter attacks

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Air units in winter attacks Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Air units in winter attacks - 8/13/2007 11:26:49 PM   
Greenmachine

What negative modifiers do air units get in winter attacks? I can't seem to find it in the manual.
Post #: 1
RE: Air units in winter attacks - 8/14/2007 5:16:04 AM   
christian brown

I really don't recall there ever being any.........should there be?

"Those who would give up a little liberty for a little security deserve neither and will lose both."
~ Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Greenmachine)
Post #: 2
RE: Air units in winter attacks - 8/14/2007 5:51:05 AM   
MrQuiet

No negetive modifiers for air attacking in winter/ cold region.
Actually no negitive modifiers for any unit attacking cold region.
But the defenders do get the positive modifier for defending a cold region, not sure why air gets it.

(in reply to christian brown)
Post #: 3
RE: Air units in winter attacks - 8/15/2007 12:28:21 AM   
Greenmachine

Thanks for the reply.

That does seem strange to me considering how realistic this game is at least from a grand scale point of view. Is there a reason for this? Airpower in those days was very much affected by winter weather.

Maybe in a future patch some negitave modifiers could be applied to air units attacking in winter turns or by reducing their range.

(in reply to MrQuiet)
Post #: 4
RE: Air units in winter attacks - 8/16/2007 9:58:37 PM   
Greenmachine

Another thing I was thinking about would be air units would suffer a small negative modifier to their die rolls if attacking in cold weather regions during winter turns, air units in non cold regions in winter turns would not be effected by this.

I'm not here to criticize the game, its one of my favorites, just thinking of some ways to improve realism.

Post #: 5
RE: Air units in winter attacks - 8/16/2007 10:25:54 PM   
Forwarn45

The game does provide a de facto modifier by increasing the defense (evasion) of units attacked by air in cold regions - this even includes infastructure - so attacks on rail, factories, and resources are all effectively penalized.

The main exception is bombing airfields as planes on the ground always have a set evasion value. I would like to see that changed so they too would get the bonus evasion (and the extra bonus for Russian winter).

Post #: 6
RE: Air units in winter attacks - 8/16/2007 10:57:51 PM   
Greenmachine

Is this modifier for defending units in effect during non winter turns too? I guess its time to go back to the manual.

(in reply to Forwarn45)
Post #: 7
RE: Air units in winter attacks - 8/17/2007 8:34:29 PM   
WanderingHead

quote:

ORIGINAL: Forwarn45

The game does provide a de facto modifier by increasing the defense (evasion) of units attacked by air in cold regions - this even includes infastructure - so attacks on rail, factories, and resources are all effectively penalized.

The main exception is bombing airfields as planes on the ground always have a set evasion value. I would like to see that changed so they too would get the bonus evasion (and the extra bonus for Russian winter).

I think some inequities may have snuck in where combat rules changed. Everything that caused an evasion modifier is now weakened or bypassed in the case of air-to-airfield and suppression fire. For example, if I am not mistaken then out-of-supply hardly makes a difference in the case of suppression fire.

(in reply to Forwarn45)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Air units in winter attacks Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI