Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

units in other battlesets?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> units in other battlesets? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
units in other battlesets? - 12/5/2007 5:52:29 PM   
DonG

Hei there ,finely after a long long nervewrecking wait it's finely out!!great work guys really fantastic...

i have two question,is it possible to use the units from the westpac battleset in the other battlesets?? and if so how ??
Post #: 1
RE: units in other battlesets? - 12/5/2007 6:03:42 PM   
CV32

quote:

ORIGINAL: DonG
Hei there ,finely after a long long nervewrecking wait it's finely out!!great work guys really fantastic... i have two question,is it possible to use the units from the westpac battleset in the other battlesets?? and if so how ??

Units from the Westpac and EC2003 BattleSets are represented in the game's editable database (the HCDB). The units represented in the remaining BattleSets are not from the HCDB and cannot be edited.

Brad Leyte
HC3 development group member for HCE
Author of HCDB official database for HCE
Harpgamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to DonG)
Post #: 2
RE: units in other battlesets? - 12/5/2007 7:21:58 PM   
DonG

So does this mean i have to add the units from westpac to let's say IOPG myself?.
And does this mean that if i would make a scenario with units from Westpac in a IOPG battleset the scenario is only playable if the other people have tranferred the same units or does this go automaticly if i save the new scenario?

(in reply to CV32)
Post #: 3
RE: units in other battlesets? - 12/5/2007 7:28:17 PM   
CV32

quote:

So does this mean i have to add the units from westpac to let's say IOPG myself?. And does this mean that if i would make a scenario with units from Westpac in a IOPG battleset the scenario is only playable if the other people have tranferred the same units or does this go automaticly if i save the new scenario?

There are essentially two databases that come with HCE. One is the HCDB, which is solely for Westpac and the EC2003 series BattleSets, and can be edited by you. The other database is for all the remaining BattleSets, and cannot be edited. You can't add any platforms to be used in any other BattleSet other than Westpac and the EC2003 series.

If you create a scenario in IOPG, other HCE players will be able to play it because they are using the same, unedited database that comes 'hard wired' with the game. If you create a scenario with Westpac or any of the EC2003 series BattleSets, it is necessary that other players have the same database. (If you (and they) haven't edited their database, then this isn't an issue).

Brad Leyte
Harpgamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to DonG)
Post #: 4
RE: units in other battlesets? - 12/5/2007 8:27:43 PM   
SireChaos

quote:

ORIGINAL: CV32

quote:

So does this mean i have to add the units from westpac to let's say IOPG myself?. And does this mean that if i would make a scenario with units from Westpac in a IOPG battleset the scenario is only playable if the other people have tranferred the same units or does this go automaticly if i save the new scenario?

There are essentially two databases that come with HCE. One is the HCDB, which is solely for Westpac and the EC2003 series BattleSets, and can be edited by you. The other database is for all the remaining BattleSets, and cannot be edited. You can't add any platforms to be used in any other BattleSet other than Westpac and the EC2003 series.

If you create a scenario in IOPG, other HCE players will be able to play it because they are using the same, unedited database that comes 'hard wired' with the game. If you create a scenario with Westpac or any of the EC2003 series BattleSets, it is necessary that other players have the same database. (If you (and they) haven't edited their database, then this isn't an issue).

Do creator and player of a scenario have to use exactly the same database? Or is it only necessary for those units used in the scenario to be identical in both databases?

(in reply to CV32)
Post #: 5
RE: units in other battlesets? - 12/5/2007 8:35:59 PM   
CV32

quote:

ORIGINAL: SireChaos
Do creator and player of a scenario have to use exactly the same database? Or is it only necessary for those units used in the scenario to be identical in both databases?

Well, I suppose as long as the units in each of the databases share the same ID numbers (and by unit I am necessarily including all of the weapons, mounts, sensors, etc that it uses in turn), the scenario would technically work. I doubt however that the game play would be what the scenario designer intended.

Brad Leyte
Harpgamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to SireChaos)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> units in other battlesets? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI