Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Intelligence agents & mining stations

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Intelligence agents & mining stations Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Intelligence agents & mining stations - 3/27/2010 3:30:04 PM   
Pita

So far I've been having a very bug-free ride with this game, so thanks! I'm a little surprised, as I'm using a laptop with a dreaded integrated intel graphics card and minimum specs. No ctds yet!

There are a couple of things that seem strange though:

I'm unable to hire an intelligence agent. I hold 3 colonies (I'm playing a small galaxy), and it displays that I'm allowed one agent. As I understand it, that's all normal. After my first agent died, however, I haven't been able to replace him. Not sure why that is.

Secondly, there is a single ice planet that seems to refuse to be mined. (and it has the just the resource that I need! dang it xD) It shows up in the expansion planner all normal, but when a construction ship flys over to it and moves onto it, it then moves off and claims that its job is completed without doing anything.

Hopefully I'm just missing something and these aren't actually bugs.
Post #: 1
RE: Intelligence agents & mining stations - 3/27/2010 3:43:24 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pita I'm unable to hire an intelligence agent. I hold 3 colonies (I'm playing a small galaxy), and it displays that I'm allowed one agent. As I understand it, that's all normal. After my first agent died, however, I haven't been able to replace him. Not sure why that is.

Haven't see this issue - if it's still reporting that you are allowed one agent, the button to recruit one should work. Do you have enough money to recruit the agent?

quote:

Secondly, there is a single ice planet that seems to refuse to be mined. (and it has the just the resource that I need! dang it xD) It shows up in the expansion planner all normal, but when a construction ship flys over to it and moves onto it, it then moves off and claims that its job is completed without doing anything.

Hm, can you upload a save for this per the instructions above and tell us exactly which planet we should be looking at? That one sure sounds like a bug, but there could be some other reason I haven't considered.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Pita)
Post #: 2
RE: Intelligence agents & mining stations - 3/28/2010 1:11:41 AM   
Pita

I'm uploading a save now.

Fortunately the Intelligence bug solved it self after exiting and reloading the game. But maybe that's unfortunate because I can't reproduce it - I definitely had enough resources to buy one and the recruit button was still dulled out as if I couldn't buy any.

The mining bug is still happening without fail though, and there is another bug that I had forgotten about until now. I have uploaded a save "28-10-2010-miningbug.dwg".

The unmineable planet is Baratsean 10, in the Baratsean system, F3.

The second bug is also a mining related issue. There was a contested resource in my second system, Sol, and I forced the sneaky bastards to give it to me least I stop trading with them. The mining station they were building (and now mine) was still under construction, with their construction ship still ontop of it (making construction sounds but not doing anything), and has remained that way for many years! It's the planet Sol 5, in F3.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Intelligence agents & mining stations Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI