Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

About to start a new game, am I up to date?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> About to start a new game, am I up to date? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
About to start a new game, am I up to date? - 5/13/2011 12:46:29 AM   
Miller

I have the latest official patch 1106i, are there any data/beta patches I should install before starting work on the first turn?
Post #: 1
RE: About to start a new game, am I up to date? - 5/13/2011 12:50:32 AM   
USSAmerica

Miller, you have the most recent official patch, and any new game you start with it will include all of the database updates included in that patch.  Make sure your opponent starts with the exact same patch level as you.  The ongoing beta patches are adding and testing some fixes and small additions to the game.  At any time that you and your opponent want to move to it, you can just copy over the .exe file and continue running your existing game.  I know several players are using the beta patch levels in PBEM games, but it is not recommended by Matrix until the patch is finalized and officially released.  

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Miller)
Post #: 2
RE: About to start a new game, am I up to date? - 5/13/2011 1:37:05 AM   
Miller

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

Miller, you have the most recent official patch, and any new game you start with it will include all of the database updates included in that patch.  Make sure your opponent starts with the exact same patch level as you.  The ongoing beta patches are adding and testing some fixes and small additions to the game.  At any time that you and your opponent want to move to it, you can just copy over the .exe file and continue running your existing game.  I know several players are using the beta patch levels in PBEM games, but it is not recommended by Matrix until the patch is finalized and officially released.  

OK thanks for that.

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> About to start a new game, am I up to date? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI