Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Defencive bombardment ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Defencive bombardment ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Defencive bombardment ? - 8/20/2012 7:50:01 AM   
Repsol

Hello...

Just bought the game and i like it
I'm currently playing the 2nd Kharkow battle as the germans and i'm not sure about how to use my artillery in defence...

- Should i use it to bombard enemy units in range ?

or

- Will my AI use it in self defence when enemy units attack my infantry and other units deployed infront of it ?

thanks !
Post #: 1
RE: Defencive bombardment ? - 8/20/2012 8:07:07 AM   
Keunert

Artillery units will counterfire when shelled. this will likely result in losses on the attacker side and i think it also reduces the effectiveness of the attackers shelling.
so if you have a hex with good cover on the front line, you may want to put an artillery unit there, set the losses low (25%-50%) to make sure it will retreat if attacked.

Bombarding ennemy units isn't bad either. it will slightly reduce AP of the attacking units. his panzer will maybe lose a hex of their range.

i usually put the arty in the front line of the crucial hexes, making it harder for the attacker. but if possible not in plain hexes: without cover they are easy targets for Stukas.

< Message edited by Keunert -- 8/20/2012 8:08:18 AM >

(in reply to Repsol)
Post #: 2
RE: Defencive bombardment ? - 8/20/2012 9:05:39 AM   
Redmarkus5

quote:

ORIGINAL: Keunert

Artillery units will counterfire when shelled. this will likely result in losses on the attacker side and i think it also reduces the effectiveness of the attackers shelling.
so if you have a hex with good cover on the front line, you may want to put an artillery unit there, set the losses low (25%-50%) to make sure it will retreat if attacked.

Bombarding ennemy units isn't bad either. it will slightly reduce AP of the attacking units. his panzer will maybe lose a hex of their range.

i usually put the arty in the front line of the crucial hexes, making it harder for the attacker. but if possible not in plain hexes: without cover they are easy targets for Stukas.

That's great advice. I hadn't figured that out yet myself.

And welcome to Repsol - hope you find the forums useful.

WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2

(in reply to Keunert)
Post #: 3
RE: Defencive bombardment ? - 8/20/2012 11:51:14 AM   
Repsol

Hello, guys...

Yes...The forum will for sure be helpful...I have already got some good advice from looking at the different treads...
Good advice to keep in mind to put the artillery in 'good cover' terrain...Until now i have simply deployed them 1 hex behind my frontline infantry.
I will try to put them in the frontline with a low retreat value..

Some more questions:

- Will the artillery units AI only counterfire when the artillery-unit it self is being shelled and NOT when the other infantry, armour regiments of its division is being attcked. (if the enemy is in range) ?
- Some artillery regiments are assigned to ARMY...Army HQs does not provide any bonus for combat...Does this include artillery units when doing: bombardments ?, counterbattery fire ?
- Should i reassign thoose artillery units to CORPS HQ ? If so... will the loss of READINES affect the artillery-units when doing: bombardments ?, counterbattery fire?

Apprisiate the help, Thanks !

(in reply to Redmarkus5)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Defencive bombardment ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI