Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Advice for relatively new player

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Advice for relatively new player Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Advice for relatively new player - 7/22/2015 6:35:50 PM   
HalfLifeExpert

Hello there,

I have owned C:MANO since Xmas, having received it as a surprise gift, but have fired it up off and on since then.
I am now getting back into it, having logged around 12 hours with it on Steam.

I just wanted to introduce myself to the community here, as well as seek some general advice on learning C:MANO,
which is by far the most realistic wargame I have played.

I have played all 3 tutorials, as well as the first 3 of Uncle Mark's Tutorials (which are great!).

Beyond those, the manual and Baloogan's videos, I have largely limited myself to somewhat smaller scenarios,
chiefly the Battle of Chumonchin Chan and Battle of Latakia (BTW how do you pronounce the name of that Syrian city?)

I would like some advice on larger scenarios to try, to gain some experience with more complex situations.

(I do currently have the most recent version of the Community scenario pack; plus Uncle Mark's 3rd tutorial)

Although the entire spectrum of C:MANO interests me, I am particularly interested in surface warfare.

Yesterday I played one of the community scenarios, Four Ounces can move a Thousand pounds, and did relatively well as JMSDF.
The PLAN units I did encounter I destroyed, despite many wasted sub torpedoes. But I never found any PLAN forces north of Taiwan other than an ASW helo.

I guess my biggest weakness right now is just dealing with a large battle space, and with more than a few aircraft.

Also, I do have one specific question regarding missions:

How do I prevent a unit from leaving it's mission zone (marked by RPs) and going after a contact detected by another unit?
I had this happen yesterday with one of my subs, where it was on the way to the zone I assigned it, but veered off course after a contact detected by one of my surface groups. I just wanted my sub to go to the zone I assigned it and only search in that zone.

I think that's about all I can say at this point for an intro, I also plan to try and build a simple scenario soon, any advice there would be greatly appreciated.

I have many ideas for scenarios, but no actual experience to make them come to life.

Thanks for reading!

Half Life Expert (HLE)
Post #: 1
RE: Advice for relatively new player - 7/22/2015 10:19:50 PM   
travcrouse

"How do I prevent a unit from leaving it's mission zone (marked by RPs) and going after a contact detected by another unit?"

You should be able to stop this behavior by unchecking "Investigate contacts outside the patrol area" in the mission editor.

(in reply to HalfLifeExpert)
Post #: 2
RE: Advice for relatively new player - 7/22/2015 10:50:19 PM   
mikmykWS

quote:

How do I prevent a unit from leaving it's mission zone (marked by RPs) and going after a contact detected by another unit?
I had this happen yesterday with one of my subs, where it was on the way to the zone I assigned it, but veered off course after a contact detected by one of my surface groups. I just wanted my sub to go to the zone I assigned it and only search in that zone.

What travcrous mentioned or consider using prosecution zones.

Mega FAQ entry on Prosecution zones

http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=2920#327

Take a look at Tomcat's recent example of ways you can better control the behaviors of your aircraft

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3490104&mpage=2�

(in reply to travcrouse)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Advice for relatively new player Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI