Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Piers and Port Facilities - Problem with CMANO Map Depths

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Piers and Port Facilities - Problem with CMANO Map Depths Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Piers and Port Facilities - Problem with CMANO Map Depths - 2/5/2017 10:41:16 PM   
Fer_Cabo

Hi folks,

Maybe there's already a remedy / solution for this.

I've uploaded attachments with overlays of Port/Harbors for my scenarios, but - quite logically on the other hand- many of the specific units/facilities are located on "water/negative-depth" areas or points in the CMANO map.

This might be so because the Port piers and facilities are obviously artificial, and before they were built, water occupied that space with depthts of -2, -5 meters and so on.

However, i think those units should be allowed to be created in negative altitude points. Otherwise, most of the world's port facilities will not possibly be accurately set up on the corresponding overlays.

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Piers and Port Facilities - Problem with CMANO Map ... - 2/6/2017 11:34:17 AM   
mikmykWS

If you want a match drop the unit where there is land and then move the unit where you would like.

If you notice the blue shading around the port units its actually carving out deep enough water for units to move in and out without penalty through complicated terrain. You can use set orientation to move the area as needed.

We honestly don't have the spare resources to dredge out everybody's favorite harbor or match every terrain feature. Our open sources that provided the data didn't even do that. At this point we need to put resources on things that really matter to game play and keep most players happy and models what we'd like.

Thanks!

Mike

< Message edited by mikmyk -- 2/6/2017 11:47:02 AM >

(in reply to Fer_Cabo)
Post #: 2
RE: Piers and Port Facilities - Problem with CMANO Map ... - 2/6/2017 3:26:43 PM   
1nutworld

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

If you want a match drop the unit where there is land and then move the unit where you would like.

If you notice the blue shading around the port units its actually carving out deep enough water for units to move in and out without penalty through complicated terrain. You can use set orientation to move the area as needed.

We honestly don't have the spare resources to dredge out everybody's favorite harbor or match every terrain feature. Our open sources that provided the data didn't even do that. At this point we need to put resources on things that really matter to game play and keep most players happy and models what we'd like.

Thanks!

Mike

Nice work-around, Mike! Thank you. I was also wondering about being able to do something about that, for a larger scenario that I'm working on in my own mind.

USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN-69) 1990-1994.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Piers and Port Facilities - Problem with CMANO Map Depths Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI