Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Headquarters Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> The War Room >> Headquarters Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Headquarters Question - 11/12/2017 2:37:40 PM   
nnason

Manual pretty clear about attachments.
But I thought I read somewhere that Commonwealth and USA HQs could cross attach units like real life. Is this true?

Live Long and Prosper,
Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired
Post #: 1
RE: Headquarters Question - 11/13/2017 1:03:14 PM   
OxfordGuy3

I doubt it, BTW for the western allies, think it was only theatre command (or Army Group) that cross-attached in real-life, not at the level represented by HQs in the game, which are basically Field Army (not Army Group) commands, at least for the Western Allies. - can you imagine Monty in charge of the 1st US Army or Patton in charge of the British 8th Army? Whereas the British General Alexander was c-in-c of both, as commander of 18th and then 15th Army Group.

< Message edited by OxfordGuy3 -- 11/13/2017 4:36:00 PM >

(in reply to nnason)
Post #: 2
RE: Headquarters Question - 11/14/2017 12:19:29 PM   
OxfordGuy3

Although British HQs can attach Canadian units and vice-versa, and also units from Egypt, Trans-Jordan, Palestine, I think.

Can't remember if the Slovakian or Croatian corps can attach to a German HQ or not

(in reply to OxfordGuy3)
Post #: 3
RE: Headquarters Question - 11/14/2017 3:19:45 PM   
sPzAbt653

quote:

Can't remember if the Slovakian or Croatian corps can attach to a German HQ or not

I just happened to be right there, so I tried to attach a Slovak unit to a German HQ and it won't. [German unit had room to attach another unit].

(in reply to OxfordGuy3)
Post #: 4
RE: Headquarters Question - 11/15/2017 12:34:33 PM   
OxfordGuy3

quote:

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

quote:

I just happened to be right there, so I tried to attach a Slovak unit to a German HQ and it won't. [German unit had room to attach another unit].

Thanks, so is it basically just the UK that can attach other countries' units, and only if those countries are part of the British Empire (though technically those in Egypt etc. were not really, as were only protectorates)?

BTW think it would have been nice if the Australian and New Zealand units in-game were given their own flag on the counters, like the Polish destroyer has.

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> The War Room >> Headquarters Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI