Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Road to Smolesk

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> Road to Smolesk Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Road to Smolesk - 10/2/2020 8:05:35 PM   
tonybot

Hi, Sorry if this is old news.
I am not new to this game, but has anyone else found this scenario's German fuel supply situation on turn 3 and beyond untenable? I have followed the rest the panzer strategy, the conserve movement points when practical and hq buildup/air drop techniques to no avail. I keep my Corp Hq's within 25 hexes of a railhead and keep my units within 5 hexes of the hqs. By turn 3 the the SU units are already on the Dnepr line and it's not possible to force a crossing with only motorized units. If I force march the infantry to get to the river by turn 3 they are worn out by the time they get there. If I don't force march they take till turn 6. This really makes the scnario almost unplayable as the Germans and ridiculously easy as the Russians.

< Message edited by tonybot -- 10/2/2020 8:07:32 PM >

tonybot
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> Road to Smolesk Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI