Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Carrier Strike

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Carrier Strike Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Carrier Strike - 5/24/2000 6:04:00 PM   
Rodney

Carrier Strike is definitely the best Simulation of Aircraft Carrier Battles, but i always missed the strategic component, so the outcome of these battles get an impact on the whole war. In PW i found this strategic element and I always hoped for a combination of both games. I noticed that shipbuilding will be possible, but how about ship design? P.S. sorry for my bad english

Post #: 1
- 5/24/2000 8:36:00 PM   
A_Master

Theoretically it might be nice, but in reality it would kill the game. We are talking about a weekly turn. Can you imagine plotting and controlling each squadron of each base and aircraft carrier. This would be tiresome especially near the end of the war when the US had dozens of carriers.

(in reply to Rodney)
Post #: 2
- 5/24/2000 9:31:00 PM   
Rodney

How about switching bases and carrier groups between "automatic" mode and let PW manage battle results, and a "manual" mode where aircraft/battle management is solved in a carrier strike style. The Player can decide how much "micro-management" he desires and players who prefer the more strategic way can set their battle group/base management to "automatic". I believe some guys like to manage "every" plane, even when it takes a long time.

(in reply to Rodney)
Post #: 3
- 5/25/2000 3:36:00 AM   
Major Tom

Still, the problem gets to be for the programming. If this would be included, not only do they have to create a Pacific War style game, but, they also have to program in a Carrier Strike game. That will drastically increase the amount of time and effort toward programming, leaving the possibility for more bugs, and, other details being left out that are more important.

(in reply to Rodney)
Post #: 4
- 5/25/2000 6:45:00 AM   
norsemanjs

The option of add in modules for more advanced gameplay such as more detailed carrier strikes is an interesting idea. It would definitely complicate the programming, but it this takes off and is very successful it would/could make for a good follow up. As I've talked about before a surface combat module would also be nice. But I don't think either of these should be included in the base release. Let's get the ball rolling first. Do any of you guys (or gals of course) recall a game called Action Stations. It was a really excellent surface combat game for WW2 era naval combat. It was CGA graphics, probably 15 years old at least. But it was definitely fun.

(in reply to Rodney)
Post #: 5
- 5/25/2000 1:51:00 PM   
Dunedain

I have Action Stations. The most realistic WWI/WWII naval gunnery combat sim there is.

(in reply to Rodney)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Carrier Strike Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI