Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Online Play through a Router

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar >> Online Play through a Router Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Online Play through a Router - 9/24/2005 5:40:37 AM   
canuckgamer

I see that this game can be played by TCP/IP. I now have two Pcs hooked up through a router. I've found that a game that I used to be able to host for TCP/IP no longer works because of the firewall of the router. Can anyone using a router tell me if they have been able to host games for TCP/IP play?

Also if I was to purchase this game would the digital download still work through my router?

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Online Play through a Router - 9/24/2005 10:51:30 AM   
Murky71

I have been able to play Alexander the Great (the first in the series) through a router. If I remember correcty, I put my PC in the so called DMZ. This means that the router no longer stops any traffic to that computer. Most routers I know have this feature or something similar. Off course installing a firewall on the computer would be wise if you haven't already.

Maybe you can try this with the game you mentioned. It may also involve opening certain ports to enable traffic to and from the pc. Try googling with the name of the game and something like 'ports' or 'open ports'.

BTW if you can download anything else, you should be fine here as well.

GMT +1

(in reply to canuckgamer)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar >> Online Play through a Router Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI