Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Dreams from the Front

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Dreams from the Front Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dreams from the Front - 7/17/2000 11:57:00 PM   
Tomanbeg

This game is even more then it's advertised to be. Mr. Woods, if I had a daughter, you could take her out. But not in my truck. While exploring the atic this weekend I came across a box of old General Mags. Remember those? The General used to do turn-by-turn write-ups of games, letting the rest of us mortals see what the pros were doing. Have you thought of getting 2 of the testers to play a game, then releasing the turns on a daily basis? With notes, thoughts & explations. Sure to help out the FNG's, and raise the hit counter. And how about a monthly tactical problem? T.

"The 15th May, 1948, arrived ... On that day the mufti of Jerusalem appealed to the Arabs of Palestine to leave the country, because the Arab armies were about to enter and fight in their stead."
– The Cairo daily Akhbar el Yom, Oct. 12, 1963.
[IMG]http
Post #: 1
- 7/18/2000 12:12:00 AM   
Wild Bill

It has been done here before and the response has generally been good. For us, it has been a time factor (a lack) but it is something I definitely have in mind for the future. I liked those too. Better watch out Someone is going to try to buy thos issues from you WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Tomanbeg)
Post #: 2
- 7/18/2000 4:03:00 AM   
Don

Come on, Tomanbeg! Surely Wild Bill could use your truck! He could use mine! Maybe. Yea, he could! Don [This message has been edited by Don (edited July 17, 2000).]

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

(in reply to Tomanbeg)
Post #: 3
- 7/18/2000 7:07:00 AM   
Tomanbeg

The car, OK. Motorcycle, Maybe. Truck...NO. WB if someone is looking for The General, I seem to remember seeing an ad on the Grognurds (sp?) Web site a while back. I realize the last thing yous guys need is another programming change, but... How about a slight turn by turn range change for low vision games. + or - 1 hex per turn if vision <14. And for dawn and dusk games, the vision increasing or decreasing over the course of the game. I'm with you in that the amount of battlefield 'friction' is both exciting and a tremendous advance over anything else out there. T.

"The 15th May, 1948, arrived ... On that day the mufti of Jerusalem appealed to the Arabs of Palestine to leave the country, because the Arab armies were about to enter and fight in their stead."
– The Cairo daily Akhbar el Yom, Oct. 12, 1963.
[IMG]http

(in reply to Tomanbeg)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Dreams from the Front Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI