Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Army,Navy,Air Force

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Army,Navy,Air Force Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Army,Navy,Air Force - 7/30/2000 12:22:00 PM   
yegor21

Im 17 and i was thinking of going the Army. I just wanted to ask people who were there to tell me how its like...My Father was a lutanent in the German Army but he dousnt wont to talk about it and his telling me not to go so plase if you can tell me how the army is and what you have to go through...

Ruski General Yegor Yegor21@hotmail.com Im making a web page any help or tips on how to make it like matrix web page.
Post #: 1
- 7/30/2000 1:34:00 PM   
Leibstandarte

Having just recently been discharged from the Army (honorable) I feel I must leave this question along except to say the following. I love my country and my regiment dearly but the last 8 years have seen massive changes in the Army. Evaluate what you seek to accomplish and then talk to all the recruiters to see who can best help you reach that goal. Now speaking purely with my ego go CAVALRY! First Team! Mustangs!

Cavalry Trooper (8th US) and Grandson of a Leibstandarte Tanker.

(in reply to yegor21)
Post #: 2
- 7/30/2000 10:58:00 PM   
Greg McCarty

I did a 4 year enlistment in the Navy from 1966-1970. Spent the better part of two years in Tonkin Gulf. The military is a mixed bag. I remember it being a frustrating combination of adventure, danger, maddening BS, and just plain hard work. The plus side of it was that I came home shed of all the trivial teen-age head baggage, got some useful tech training, and had a real good perspective on what I wanted in life, and how to get it. In spite of how difficult it sometimes was, I've never regretted the enlistment. The experience probably enabled me to achieve more in life than I otherwise would have. That's my take on it.
quote:

Originally posted by yegor21: Im 17 and i was thinking of going the Army. I just wanted to ask people who were there to tell me how its like...My Father was a lutanent in the German Army but he dousnt wont to talk about it and his telling me not to go so plase if you can tell me how the army is and what you have to go through...

Greg.

It is better to die on your feet
than to live on your knees.

--Zapata

(in reply to yegor21)
Post #: 3
- 7/31/2000 2:18:00 AM   
Pack Rat

The military can be like any other job in peace time, you will get out of it what you put in. It is large, by that I mean there is much to it other than front line type personal, hence many job types. I would advise waiting a while and sample some other things first, it may give you a direction to go if you still feel the same way. Never ever forget however the true purpose of the military, if you go, study hard it may mean your life. When I got drafted they asked me if I wanted radio school. I said no, because all I could think of at that moment was slugging a pack radio through some swamp in the Mekong Delta. Little did I know at the time Oh one last thing if you go in and want to be left alone walk fast and carry a tool and no one will come near you

PR

(in reply to yegor21)
Post #: 4
- 7/31/2000 9:52:00 AM   
yegor21

Thank you

Ruski General Yegor Yegor21@hotmail.com Im making a web page any help or tips on how to make it like matrix web page.

(in reply to yegor21)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Army,Navy,Air Force Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI