Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PBEM file problems

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> PBEM file problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PBEM file problems - 2/3/2008 12:34:46 AM   
Old Timer

When I download and save the file to the savegames folder it saves the file as a .pt2.zip When I try to load the game it is not avalible. I went into the folder and changed the name, I took the .zip off and the went back into the game and I could load it. What am I doing wrong?
Post #: 1
RE: PBEM file problems - 2/3/2008 12:42:17 AM   
SMK-at-work

Windows thinks the pt2 files are zipped for some reason, so may be trying to put a .zip on hte end of hte name. 

They are not zipped, so take a bit of care to ensure that you're not saving them as .zip files.

Do not try to unzip them - just save them to your game save directory, and then load them with the game.

(in reply to Old Timer)
Post #: 2
RE: PBEM file problems - 2/3/2008 1:53:02 AM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: Old Timer

When I download and save the file to the savegames folder it saves the file as a .pt2.zip When I try to load the game it is not avalible. I went into the folder and changed the name, I took the .zip off and the went back into the game and I could load it. What am I doing wrong?

I always have to go in and delete the .zip extension after I save an email turn.

Rick

(in reply to Old Timer)
Post #: 3
RE: PBEM file problems - 2/3/2008 2:16:37 AM   
Barthheart

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rick

quote:

I always have to go in and delete the .zip extension after I save an email turn.

Rick

That's weird because I never have to do that. What version of Windoz are you guys using?

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 4
RE: PBEM file problems - 2/3/2008 2:29:38 AM   
Old Timer

I am running windows XP Professional w/SP2, this only happens when I am using my work computer, this is not a problem at home where I am running XP Home w/SP2.

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 5
RE: PBEM file problems - 2/3/2008 4:17:43 AM   
SMK-at-work

I'm using XP prof at home & not getting any added zip extensions - might it be something in the setup that yuo can alter?

(in reply to Old Timer)
Post #: 6
RE: PBEM file problems - 2/3/2008 6:28:35 AM   
Barthheart

quote:

I am running windows XP Professional w/SP2, this only happens when I am using my work computer, this is not a problem at home where I am running XP Home w/SP2.

I'm using XP Home/SP2 at home and XP Pro/SP2 at work and it never happens..... Do you guys have WinZip on your PC's? What version? I have 8 on both PC's. If you don't have WinZip, I'll bet it's Windoz trying to deal with the file.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to Old Timer)
Post #: 7
RE: PBEM file problems - 2/3/2008 8:44:05 AM   
Spadowski

My first thought is you must be using IE rather than Firefox. I'm running XP Pro SP2 and never have this problem. And no, I do not have Winzip, so that's not the answer.

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 8
RE: PBEM file problems - 2/3/2008 9:07:07 AM   
rickier65

I"m using XP SP2. And I'm using XP . It come in during the download routine. when I save the file. I tried chaning it at that point but it doesn't let me get rid of the zip until after it's saved.

Strange, but only minor inconvenience - now that I know I have to do it.

Rick

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 9
RE: PBEM file problems - 2/3/2008 1:56:16 PM   
Barthheart

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spadowski

My first thought is you must be using IE rather than Firefox. I'm running XP Pro SP2 and never have this problem. And no, I do not have Winzip, so that's not the answer.

Hmmm... but I'm using IE and no problem here..... this is weird.

(in reply to Spadowski)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> PBEM file problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI