Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PBEM Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray >> PBEM Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PBEM Question - 12/31/2008 4:51:29 PM   
Mark Breed

The AACW Wiki site indicates the following:

"Host resolves turn
The hosting player saves the .ORD file received from his opponent into the appropriate directory and loads the game again. He now clicks on "end turn" to launch the turn resolution, where all orders are then executed. A new turn is now ready to start. Go back to step # 2 ("Host sends TRN file to opponent") and repeat.

Note: The non-hosting player doesn’t get to “play back” his opponent’s turn. However, he can check the turn’s message log to see what has occurred during the turn."

Does this mean that the non-host player cannot see what happened in the turn and, if so, what impact have players noticed? As it stands right now, this is a killer for me and I won't be buying the game based on this one statement.

Regards,
Mark
Post #: 1
RE: PBEM Question - 12/31/2008 6:41:26 PM   
Arsan

Hi!

Yes, the non hoster cannot see the actual movements. But every battle or event on the turn generate a clickable message on the in game log that let you check what has happened on the turn and see details about battles and events.

On the newest AGEOD game (Wars in america) it was implemented a Replay turn system that allowed the non host to also see everything that happens on the turn, just like the host does.
The good news is that on the recent beta patch 1.12 (RC5) for AACW this new Replay function has been retrofitted to AACW. 
So from now on, host and not host will have the same info on AACW too!  

(in reply to Mark Breed)
Post #: 2
RE: PBEM Question - 12/31/2008 7:50:02 PM   
Mark Breed

Thanks. That is good news.

(in reply to Arsan)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray >> PBEM Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI